ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Geno Smith vs Alex Smith - It's on. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272597)

NJChiefsFan 08-14-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9886289)
We have no idea how the Chiefs will play this year. It is a little too early to pronounce this regime the same as the last. Stupid too.

Saying that the Chiefs have dodged a bullet by not taking a different route at QB would also be a little too early to pronounce, wouldn't you say? It might even be a little stupid too. Follow your own advice.

splatbass 08-14-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9886291)
Saying that the Chiefs have dodged a bullet by not taking a different route at QB would also be a little too early to pronounce, wouldn't you say? It might even be a little stupid too. Follow your own advice.

I didn't say that. I've REPEATEDLY said we should wait and see before we decide if Smith was the right choice.

NJChiefsFan 08-14-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9886299)
I didn't say that. I've REPEATEDLY said we should wait and see before we decide if Smith was the right choice.

I took your most recent response to Clay as implying the Geno route is one we "luckily" didn't take.

splatbass 08-14-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9886302)
I took your most recent response to Clay as implying the Geno route is one we "luckily" didn't take.

I was referring to his idea that 10 Geno's over the next 100 years would be better than what we did.

Hammock Parties 08-14-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9886304)
I was referring to his idea that 10 Geno's over the next 100 years would be better than what we did.

I would be.

Guys like Alex Smith are a waste of time. This is proven. Not just in KC. Everywhere.

NJChiefsFan 08-14-2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9886304)

I'm not really a fan of game managers. How can you be in today's NFL. Maybe not 10 actual Geno's, but I would certainly want my franchise to take 10 chances on a potential QB talent over taking a game manager. Especially if my goal is winning the "big one" once in a while.

splatbass 08-14-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9886312)
I'm not really a fan of game managers. How can you be in today's NFL. Maybe not 10 actual Geno's, but I would certainly want my franchise to take 10 chances on a potential QB talent over taking a game manager. Especially if my goal is winning the "big one" once in a while.

Good for you. I personally don't give a shit as long as we win. If we win with Alex Smith that is as good as winning with a drafted QB. Time will tell. It is you who want to limit them to only one way, short sighted at best.

DaneMcCloud 08-14-2013 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) (Post 9886308)
I would be.

Guys like Alex Smith are a waste of time. This is proven. Not just in KC. Everywhere.

ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-14-2013 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9886332)
Good for you. I personally don't give a shit as long as we win. If we win with Alex Smith that is as good as winning with a drafted QB. Time will tell. It is you who want to limit them to only one way, short sighted at best.

How far do you want that "winning" to go? 10-6? 13-3? 1-done?

Nice stop-gap, but no enchilada.

Hammock Parties 08-14-2013 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9886372)

Alex Smith, the Doritos Locos Taco of NFL QBs.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-14-2013 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) (Post 9886375)

LMAO He's more of a McDouble:

Something you would eat when the gas station sushi is the only other option.

Except he's been priced as a McAngus burger.

Andy Reid approves of these metaphors, by the way.

DaneMcCloud 08-14-2013 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) (Post 9886375)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9886379)
LMAO He's more of a McDouble:

It warms my heart when the morons play in the sandbox together

splatbass 08-15-2013 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9886372)
How far do you want that "winning" to go? 10-6? 13-3? 1-done?

As far as they can. You guys still refuse to acknowledge that Alex Smith came OT away from the SB in SF. On the right team he can do it. Is this the right team? Too early to tell.

You guys are just pouting because you didn't get your way with Geno Smith.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-15-2013 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9886391)
As far as they can. You guys still refuse to acknowledge that Alex Smith came OT away from the SB in SF. On the right team he can do it. Is this the right team? Too early to tell.

Geno, Jo Jo, or ****-o; this franchise is hell bent on drafting stupid and going with "proven to be useless in the modern league"-methods of addressing the QB position.

Is what it is. yay.

DaneMcCloud 08-15-2013 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9886391)

They both tried.

There are enough homoerotic posts about Geno to a fill an International Male catalog.