ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Geno Smith vs Alex Smith - It's on. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272597)

Rausch 04-28-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9641463)
If they had drafted Geno they would have instantly been a non shitty regime.

The main reason people think Geno won't do well in NY is the talent.

The Chiefs have more talent here.

Geno will also not be ready to play year one. Period.

Everyone knew he need to sit and learn for at least a year. He could have done that here. There'd be no rush.

That alone would have given him a better chance at success...

Hammock Parties 04-28-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRU (Post 9641468)
I don't see that logic. Seems like if we'd have drafted him 1.1 that would go against the opinion of every scout in the profession, yet that would made our regime instantly a great one..??

Taking a chance on a QB high would be the greatest thing this franchise has done in 20 years.

I would have erected golden idols of Dorsey and Reid, and burned incense before them every day.

threebag 04-28-2013 03:32 PM

It's amazing how fast the Geno ball washers went from franchise this to oh he went to shit team. If he went here would it not have been to a shit team also? Seems we picked before the J-E-T-S in the draft. Geno won't amount to shit and Alex is goin to steep his nuts in your mouths bitches. Get use to it that taste you have in your mouth that's Alex ****ing Smith. He has a chip on his medically repaired shoulder and he is going balls deep in you bitches.

DRU 04-28-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9641467)
Are you kidding? Matt Cassel was the biggest problem for the Chiefs last year. As much as Mark Sanchez is a bad quarterback he had no one to throw the ball too and not even a good running game. Geno Smith is athletic enough to get by with some of the offensive flaws they have.

Yes Geno Smith would do better here or for a team that has players he can thow the ball too.

Matt Cassel is no longer here, so if that was your worry then this regime took care of that. They also made the same decision as every other team did about Geno, and decided to fix that problem somewhere else.

So again, I don't see how everybody can complain about this regime for not taking a kid that nobody else valued that much either. Then the one team that does take him, oh well that's a shitty regime. If the only team who thought he was worth taking...in the 2nd round...is shitty, then why would us taking him 1.1 make it a great decision?

Rasputin 04-28-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRU (Post 9641468)
I don't see that logic. Seems like if we'd have drafted him 1.1 that would go against the opinion of every scout in the profession, yet that would made our regime instantly a great one..??

I try to use my own eyes to make judgement on players. Maybe I don't see everything they have but from what I've seen Geno Smith has tallent and poise to be worth 1.1 player taken in the draft. Am I smarter than all the scouts no doubt it but I got balls bigger than the scouts and franchise teams to take a chance on him.

Rausch 04-28-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 9641476)
It's amazing how fast the Geno ball washers went from franchise this to oh he went to shit team. If he went here would it not have been to a shit team also? Seems we picked before the J-E-T-S in the draft. Geno won't amount to shit and Alex is goin to steep his nuts in your mouths bitches. Get use to it that taste you have in your mouth that's Alex ****ing Smith. He has a chip on his medically repaired shoulder and he is going balls deep in you bitches.

Do you realize how Bray this sounds?...

Rasputin 04-28-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRU (Post 9641479)
Matt Cassel is no longer here, so if that was your worry then this regime took care of that. They also made the same decision as every other team did about Geno, and decided to fix that problem somewhere else.

So again, I don't see how everybody can complain about this regime for not taking a kid that nobody else valued that much either. Then the one team that does take him, oh well that's a shitty regime. If the only team who thought he was worth taking...in the 2nd round...is shitty, then why would us taking him 1.1 make it a great decision?

**** Matt Cassel **** Alex Smith.

They are the same just Alex Smith doesn't suck as hard as Cassel.

BlackHelicopters 04-28-2013 03:35 PM

Voted Alex. Only works if he wins his first two years. Tough call.

threebag 04-28-2013 03:35 PM

The price was right for Bray.

Mr. Kotter 04-28-2013 03:35 PM

Clayton: Serious question here....what qualifies you to be a better judge of NFL QB talent than Ried or Dorsey?

I'm serious: why should anyone listen to you over them? :shrug:

Weren't you on the Sanchez bandwagon, IIRC??

Is that search function back up, yet???? :hmmm:

Hammock Parties 04-28-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter (Post 9641495)
Clayton: Serious question here....what qualifies you to be a better judge of NFL QB talent than Ried or Dorsey.

I didn't give Michael Vick a $100 million contract.

And I was not on the Sanchez bandwagon.

BigMeatballDave 04-28-2013 03:36 PM

LMAO This is ****ing Cassel vs Sanchez all over again.

DRU 04-28-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9641472)
Taking a chance on a QB high would be the greatest thing this franchise has done in 20 years.

I would have erected golden idols of Dorsey and Reid, and burned incense before them every day.

Even when every opinion in this profession said he wasn't worth it? That sounds like exactly the opposite of what I would expect to judge a regime with.

NOBODY (outside of this website) thinks this kid was worth it, but draft him and we're a great regime. Don't draft him and we suck more than a black hole..?? I just don't get it.

Mr. Kotter 04-28-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9641497)
I didn't give Michael Vick a $100 million contract.

You are telling us that was ALL Reid? Seriously??? :spock:

Hammock Parties 04-28-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9641499)
LMAO This is ****ing Cassel vs Sanchez all over again.

Yes, yes it is.

Except this time...Sanchez has a big cannon arm...and 3 years of college experience.