ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ****Official 2017 NBA Playoffs Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=307153)

dirk digler 04-23-2017 07:15 PM

Celtics take control of the series. The Bulls aren't the same without playoff Rondo

dj56dt58 04-23-2017 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 12836473)
Cause it was a bullshit question to begin with. Russ did the right thing. You have to nip that shit at the bud.
Posted via Mobile Device

It wasn't a bullshit question at all. It was a very legit question

New World Order 04-23-2017 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASS11 (Post 12836453)
Not an endorsement that he is or that he will.

Golden State is playing on another level and is currently unbeatable.

LeBron will need to average 40 pts a game to beat GS.

They've been banged up pretty much all year and their coach is out.

Durant may not even make it through the playoffs.

New World Order 04-23-2017 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobBlake (Post 12836462)
lets not act like Love and Irving are scrubs. Irving out played Curry last finals.. and arguably was the reason they scrapped by warriors

*with Curry slightly banged up and Green out*

But.. depends on how the series plays out.. if James is the only one performing at an all time level and warriors are playing 100% like themselves and James wins.. i'll say he's the best to ever do it.

Stop it! KCC won't be able to handle this much common sense

Hammock Parties 04-23-2017 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 12836586)
They've been banged up pretty much all year and their coach is out.

Durant may not even make it through the playoffs.

And they're still raping faces, while CLE could have easily been 2-2 right now.

Scary bunch.

dirk digler 04-23-2017 08:56 PM

This sucks but I hope he gets better. Sounds like if it doesn't get better he is going to retire.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...t-coach-game-4

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Golden State Warriors coach Steve Kerr said Sunday he won't return to the sideline until he can find a remedy for the painful symptoms he's experiencing due to complications from back surgery almost two years ago.

He acknowledged this could keep him out the remainder of the playoffs.

"This is not going to be a case where I'm coaching one night and not coaching the next," Kerr said. "I'm not going to do that to our team, to our staff. We're hoping that over the next week or two, or whatever it is, I can start to make a definitive realization, a reduction, or just feel it that I'm going to do this or not."

Kerr missed the Warriors' Game 3 win over the Portland Trail Blazers on Saturday. Assistant coach Mike Brown served as the acting head coach.
The team could also be without Kevin Durant for Monday's Game 4 because of a strained left calf. Durant has missed the previous two games because of the injury.

The 2015-16 Coach of the Year addressed the media at the team's hotel in downtown Portland. He would not disclose the symptoms he's dealing with, but ESPN's Ramona Shelburne reported that Kerr's surgical procedure caused a spinal fluid leak that gives him excruciating symptoms such as migraines and nausea.

Kerr said he has been dealing with the situation post-surgery, but added that recently his symptoms became more intense.

"The symptoms, for whatever reason, took a turn for the worse maybe five days ago," Kerr said. "I was able to manage the pain and discomfort over the last year and a half, and suddenly things got a lot worst and I don't know why."

He's consulting with doctors in hopes of finding a remedy. Earlier this season, Kerr revealed that he tried marijuana in an attempt to relieve his constant pain after surgery.

"I can tell you, if you're listening out there, if you have a back problem, stay away from surgery," he said. "I can say that from the bottom of my heart. Rehab, rehab, rehab. Don't let anybody get in there."

Kerr felt well enough Sunday morning to be present during the team's film session. He watched Game 3 Saturday from his hotel room with his son. He said it was "tough" to not be in the trenches alongside his players, but he was pleased with the performance of Brown.

"I was on my couch in my room telling my son we should put so-and-so in right now, and that guy was going to the table," Kerr said with a laugh. "Mike and I are thinking along the same lines."

Kerr said he will continue to be involved with the team's preparation during the postseason. But in the meantime, he will do all he can to attempt a return to the bench.

"I'm hoping for some improvement," he said. "If I get some improvement, I'll get back on the sidelines. But I'm not going to do that unless I know I can help the team."

KC_Connection 04-23-2017 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASS11 (Post 12836453)
Not an endorsement that he is or that he will.

Golden State is playing on another level and is currently unbeatable.

LeBron will need to average 40 pts a game to beat GS.

Seems he was suggesting that LeBron already did it last year against a Warriors team that was actually playing better than it is right now.

KC_Connection 04-23-2017 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy won the toss (Post 12836498)
I love Isaiah Thomas. He's right. That dude can't guard him

Too bad he can't guard anyone himself.

KChiefs1 04-23-2017 09:19 PM

Still can't believe that Quin is an NBA head coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 04-23-2017 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 12836607)
Too bad he can't guard anyone himself.

Perhaps, but has there been anyone his size who was a good defender?

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 04-23-2017 09:22 PM

Mike Brown vs. LeBron

TigeRRUppeRRcut 04-23-2017 09:41 PM

Can either of these teams when beat GSW?

New World Order 04-24-2017 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 12836606)
Seems he was suggesting that LeBron already did it last year against a Warriors team that was actually playing better than it is right now.

More like Jordan was completely dominant during his era.

Lebron? Not even close.

dls6501 04-24-2017 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy won the toss (Post 12836461)
Remember when the Celtics did that for the Warriors and David Lee? I was so mad.

Trading a contract that has 1 year and $15M left on it is NOT the same as trading a contract that has 2 years and $37M left on it.

Sorry, the situations are not comparable.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 04-24-2017 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dls6501 (Post 12836998)
Trading a contract that has 1 year and $15M left on it is NOT the same as trading a contract that has 2 years and $37M left on it.

Sorry, the situations are not comparable.

Cool, man. I wasn't comparing them.

dls6501 04-24-2017 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy won the toss (Post 12837100)
Cool, man. I wasn't comparing them.

"Remember when the Celtics did THAT..."

You were the one who brought up the Celtics and David Lee. But no, you werent comparing them.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 04-24-2017 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dls6501 (Post 12837134)
"Remember when the Celtics did THAT..."

You were the one who brought up the Celtics and David Lee. But no, you werent comparing them.

What's your point? The comment just reminded me of the Celtics bailing out the Warriors. I never even looked at Kanter's contract. Getting Kanter off the books isn't going to help OKC at all. They are not going to win a championship any time soon. Btw, $15 million in 14-15 > 17.8 million in 17-18.

But I don't care at all to whatever your point is. I just ****ing hate the Celtics for taking on David Lee. That's it.

dls6501 04-24-2017 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy won the toss (Post 12837155)
What's your point? The comment just reminded me of the Celtics bailing out the Warriors. I never even looked at Kanter's contract. Getting Kanter off the books isn't going to help OKC at all. They are not going to win a championship any time soon. Btw, $15 million in 14-15 > 17.8 million in 17-18.

But I don't care at all to whatever your point is. I just ****ing hate the Celtics for taking on David Lee. That's it.

Fair enough. For the record, there was no "bailing out" of the Warriors in this situation though. Not getting rid of Lee wouldnt have changed the Warriors roster, other than the fact that they would have had David Lee's $15M buried on the bench.

Hammock Parties 04-24-2017 08:45 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">You have to play Game 6, Wizards <a href="https://t.co/Q2eO4I9mXq">pic.twitter.com/Q2eO4I9mXq</a></p>&mdash; SB Nation GIF (@SBNationGIF) <a href="https://twitter.com/SBNationGIF/status/856700194188079104">April 25, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

dirk digler 04-24-2017 09:00 PM

Blazers are ready for the off season. Getting crushed 22-3 and Durant dominating

-King- 04-24-2017 09:05 PM

This is just laughable.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties 04-24-2017 09:08 PM

lillard and george should go team up somewhere

Trent Green GOAT 04-24-2017 10:35 PM

How is anyone supposed to beat a healthy GS In a 7 game series?

PAChiefsGuy 04-25-2017 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trent Green GOAT (Post 12837960)
How is anyone supposed to beat a healthy GS In a 7 game series?

Well they look great now beating up on a crap Portland team that barely made the playoffs. I am not that impressed just yet.

But to answer your question, unless one of the Warriors superstars gets hurt i can't see anyone taking this Warriors team to more than 6-games.

dls6501 04-25-2017 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 12838002)
Well they look great now beating up on a crap Portland team that barely made the playoffs. I am not that impressed just yet.

They were a completely different team after the Nukic trade. 17-6 after the stretch IIRC. Shame for Portland that he wasnt available. Not that he would have made a difference in the outcome of the series. But I dont think it would have been a sweep.

O.city 04-25-2017 10:58 AM

Lillard would be awesome in Milwaukee

Pitt Gorilla 04-25-2017 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12838430)
Lillard would be awesome in Milwaukee

True. Although, Giannis and Brogdan are, essentially, the backcourt. Going to love watching that team develop.

dls6501 04-25-2017 07:06 PM

Victor Oladipo is ****ing terrible. Anyone who says otherwise is clueless.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 04-25-2017 07:21 PM

never change TNT

Nirvana58 04-25-2017 08:21 PM

My god Donovan is a horrible coach. Same story every game but hey 10 point swing because you refuse to change.

Nirvana58 04-25-2017 08:25 PM

Side note. Houston does this every game while Harden is on the bench. It is laughable that people still argue that Houston's role players aren't better than the Thunder's.

Nirvana58 04-25-2017 08:32 PM

Double technical gave Westbrook 5 fouls. Killer

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 04-25-2017 08:54 PM

Rockets were absolutely pathetic games 2-5. Glad they survive. Maybe they'll hit some ****ing shots next round.

**** you, Ryan Anderson.

dirk digler 04-25-2017 09:01 PM

That was an entertaining but short series. Maybe the OKC GM will surround Westbrook with more offense next year or tell Donovan to play the guys that can actually shoot the basketball.

dirk digler 04-25-2017 09:09 PM

Oh wow Westbrook hits Beverly in the nuts after Beverly steals the ball from him. If Draymond did that...

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">ALL HAIL RUSSELL WESTBROOK THE LORD OF PETTY<br><br>LOOK AT HIS FACE!!! 😭😭😭😭 <a href="https://t.co/LogFo5aKSE">pic.twitter.com/LogFo5aKSE</a></p>&mdash; Long Live Brodie (@World_Wide_Wob) <a href="https://twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob/status/857056986428575747">April 26, 2017</a></blockquote>

Miles 04-25-2017 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 12839473)
That was an entertaining but short series. Maybe the OKC GM will surround Westbrook with more offense next year or tell Donovan to play the guys that can actually shoot the basketball.

Will be interesting to see. Presti seems to have locked up the roster with the cap on this and don't have much for assets to trade.

PAChiefsGuy 04-26-2017 09:21 AM

Spurs with a nice W on Tim Duncans bday last night. Manu finally played well.

Pop reportedly tipped a waiter $5,000. And everyone says the guy is such a jerk

http://www.poundingtherock.com/2017/...is-waiter-5000

dirk digler 04-26-2017 06:47 PM

The East is really trash. One conference is the JV team and the other is loaded with Hall of Famers

Trent Green GOAT 04-26-2017 10:34 PM

What kills OKC is that contract that Adams got, and he's not producing well. Double whammy.

dirk digler 04-27-2017 06:46 PM

Looking like it is the end of the line for the Bucks. Down 22 at home in the 3rd.

Cavs - Raptors in the 2nd round = yawn

bricks 04-27-2017 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 12839480)
Oh wow Westbrook hits Beverly in the nuts after Beverly steals the ball from him. If Draymond did that...

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">ALL HAIL RUSSELL WESTBROOK THE LORD OF PETTY<br><br>LOOK AT HIS FACE!!! 😭😭😭😭 <a href="https://t.co/LogFo5aKSE">pic.twitter.com/LogFo5aKSE</a></p>&mdash; Long Live Brodie (@World_Wide_Wob) <a href="https://twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob/status/857056986428575747">April 26, 2017</a></blockquote>

ROFL love Westbrook but he needs to learn to control himself a little.

bricks 04-27-2017 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 12843070)
Looking like it is the end of the line for the Bucks. Down 22 at home in the 3rd.

Oh come on man. You're acting as if the Raptors are a complete pushover. I'll bet the Raptors push this series to at least 6 games like last year. That team has some character to it. Did you know they have the most 4th quarter comebacks in the NBA this year? That teams character and resiliency was also seen after that atrocious game 3 loss to the Bucks and ever since they've won every game in the series (they will win game 6). Don't underestimate the Raptors. They're hungry! Not saying they will win the series against Cleveland but they'll give them a run for their money.

dirk digler 04-27-2017 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 12843153)
Oh come on man. You're acting as if the Raptors are a complete pushover. I'll bet the Raptors push this series to at least 6 games like last year. That team has some character to it. Did you know they have the most 4th quarter comebacks in the NBA this year? That teams character and resiliency was also seen after that atrocious game 3 loss to the Bucks and ever since they've won every game in the series (they will win game 6). Don't underestimate the Raptors. They're hungry! Not saying they will win the series against Cleveland but they'll give them a run for their money.

Which Raptors team is better this year's or last years? I am thinking last years but I admit I don't watch them alot.

And btw as always seems the case I spoke to soon. Bucks making a comeback and now down 9.

KC_Connection 04-27-2017 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 12843070)

Cavs will run over any team in the East regardless of who it is. Maybe the Raptors will take a couple of games again, though. Either way, I'll be glad to see Playoff LeBron in person again.

Al Bundy 04-27-2017 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 12839480)

Lebitch would call the league office and cry until he was suspended.

bricks 04-27-2017 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 12843174)
Which Raptors team is better this year's or last years? I am thinking last years but I admit I don't watch them alot.

And btw as always seems the case I spoke to soon. Bucks making a comeback and now down 9.

I think this years Raptors are a bit better but not by much. I think they made gains but also some losses.

Defensively they're not as good as last year but they're better in scoring and have a deeper squad both starting and bench wise.

dirk digler 04-27-2017 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 12844420)
Cavs will run over any team in the East regardless of who it is. Maybe the Raptors will take a couple of games again, though. Either way, I'll be glad to see Playoff LeBron in person again.

I would be surprised if they won a game. They will have to play some lock down D to win because I don't think they can keep up with the Cavs scoring wise.

dirk digler 04-27-2017 10:19 PM

Haven't seen KevB around much but his Grizzlies competed hard and made this series a tough out for the Spurs. You have keeper in David Fizdale, I like that guy.

KC_Connection 04-27-2017 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 12844653)
I would be surprised if they won a game. They will have to play some lock down D to win because I don't think they can keep up with the Cavs scoring wise.

A worse Raptors team than this won two games off them last year and the Cavs are hardly giving 100% defensively at this point in the playoffs, so a sweep would certainly surprise me. More rest for LeBron would be nice, though.

dirk digler 04-27-2017 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 12844690)
A worse Raptors team than this won two games off them last year and the Cavs are hardly giving 100% defensively at this point in the playoffs, so a sweep would certainly surprise me. More rest for LeBron would be nice, though.

Alright I will trust you and bricks since you guys are Raptor experts. I would like to see a competitive series.

Miles 04-27-2017 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 12844676)
Haven't seen KevB around much but his Grizzlies competed hard and made this series a tough out for the Spurs. You have keeper in David Fizdale, I like that guy.

They made for an impressive tough out for the first round. Too bad they are stuck with that brutal Parsons contract.

dirk digler 04-28-2017 08:05 PM

Celtics and Wiz moving on. The Bulls basically quit and are down 30 in the 4th at home

Pitt Gorilla 04-28-2017 09:54 PM

Sooo, if you are the Bucks, do you think about signing Parker to a big deal next year? Is he a key part of this young nucleus? Is his knee going to be healthy enough for such a risk?

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 04-28-2017 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 12847849)
Sooo, if you are the Bucks, do you think about signing Parker to a big deal next year? Is he a key part of this young nucleus? Is his knee going to be healthy enough for such a risk?

**** no.

mcaj22 04-29-2017 02:40 AM

i cant believe ESPN are firing everyone in their NBA dept. to make room for Woj bombs. Stein, Ford, Strauss, etc

Yet Windhorst still has a job. And Pippen hes useless

dirk digler 04-30-2017 01:31 PM

Nice double digit win for the Celtics after getting destroyed in the first quarter.

dirk digler 04-30-2017 04:11 PM

Clippers are finished. They should nuke that team this off season.

Thank you Paul Pierce you had a great career.

RobBlake 04-30-2017 04:12 PM

Cp3 come on down to the real la team you waned to be on

AssEaterChief 05-01-2017 08:17 PM

Spurs are taking one on the chin.

The Rockets probably are going to win this series...

alpha_omega 05-01-2017 09:09 PM

Holy cow. Just turned it on....WTF Spurs?

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 05-01-2017 09:14 PM

People still wanna give SA a chance against GS? Hahahaha

TEX 05-01-2017 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AssEaterChief (Post 12853675)
Spurs are taking one on the chin.

The Rockets probably are going to win this series...

Some said that in this very thread. ;)
The Rockets played the Spurs tough all year. I know the Spurs won the season series, but HOU easily could have. They were up big a couple games and blew it late. Tonight that didnt happen. Spurs are in trouble - this is not a good matchup for them.

PAChiefsGuy 05-02-2017 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 12853912)
Some said that in this very thread. ;)
The Rockets played the Spurs tough all year. I know the Spurs won the season series, but HOU easily could have. They were up big a couple games and blew it late. Tonight that didnt happen. Spurs are in trouble - this is not a good matchup for them.

Spurs will adjust and make it a series. Either way this is the Warriors year.

dls6501 05-02-2017 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 12853912)
Spurs are in trouble - this is not a good matchup for them.

I said this months ago....the Spurs are a regular season team now. In the regular season, their fundamentals and style can win a ton of games. In the playoffs, they will lose to any team that is more athletic than they are.

Lucky for the Spurs, the only team that isnt more athletic than them was their first round opponent.

TEX 05-02-2017 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 12854209)
Spurs will adjust and make it a series. Either way this is the Warriors year.

Yep. The Warriors are just too good.

Pitt Gorilla 05-02-2017 02:44 PM

Westbrook, Harden, Durant, and Ibaka were part of a great young nucleus that could have formed a dynasty in OKC. I wonder why Presti decided to break it up. Perhaps the return (Martin, Lamb) for Harden was simply too good.

AssEaterChief 05-02-2017 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 12854689)
Westbrook, Harden, Durant, and Ibaka were part of a great young nucleus that could have formed a dynasty in OKC. I wonder why Presti decided to break it up. Perhaps the return (Martin, Lamb) for Harden was simply too good.

From what I've read they were only about 5 million apart on a 4 year 54 million dollar extension which seems really dumb to me because that's not that much extra for a player of his caliber.

from an article I saw...

"To reiterate the point, Harden was asked if he would still be with the Thunder if money wasn't an issue.

"Definitely," he said. "Definitely. No question.""

They essentially chose Ibaka over Harden for the mid term because Harden was a similar type of player as Durant and Westbrook offensively and defensively.

Pitt Gorilla 05-02-2017 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AssEaterChief (Post 12854750)
From what I've read they were only about 5 million apart on a 4 year 54 million dollar extension which seems really dumb to me because that's not that much extra for a player of his caliber.

from an article I saw...

"To reiterate the point, Harden was asked if he would still be with the Thunder if money wasn't an issue.

"Definitely," he said. "Definitely. No question.""

They essentially chose Ibaka over Harden for the mid term because Harden was a similar type of player as Durant and Westbrook offensively and defensively.

They could have paid all 4; they simply didn't want to.

AssEaterChief 05-02-2017 03:37 PM

Yep, the cheap bastards, they're going to pay for it for a long time too.

alpha_omega 05-03-2017 09:11 PM

Spurs look into it tonight, unlike last time I saw them.

And...Kevin Harlan is AWESOME.

Hammock Parties 05-03-2017 09:43 PM

Die in a fire, Parker.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-03-2017 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 12857152)
Die in a fire, Parker.

Too bad hockey isn't on your radar :)

Pasta Little Brioni 05-03-2017 09:50 PM

Spurs need to just go away

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 05-03-2017 11:06 PM

Stay down, bitch.

PAChiefsGuy 05-03-2017 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12857160)
Spurs need to just go away

Make us. We never draft high. No Tim Duncan. We don't create superteams like LeBron and the Warriors do.

Shouldn't be too hard to make us go away right?:hmmm:

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 05-03-2017 11:12 PM

Also never win back-to-back

Pasta Little Brioni 05-03-2017 11:20 PM

Pennsylvania/Chief/Spur fan ROFL

PAChiefsGuy 05-03-2017 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12857241)
Pennsylvania/Chief/Spur fan ROFL

You know what is nice about sports? You can root for whoever you want to. So **** you. Plenty of Chiefs/Spusr fans live outside of Texas and Missouri and I think that is a good thing, not bad.

I became a Chiefs fan cause of Joe Montana when I was a kid. Spurs cause of Tim Duncan. I been lifelong fans of both but much more so with the Chiefs..

There's Chief fans that are from Brazil and Spur fans that live in Mexico. Try getting out of the house more buddy.

Pitt Gorilla 05-04-2017 06:49 PM

Kelly Oubre is a thug.

Hammock Parties 05-04-2017 06:52 PM

brutally bad game...sad when the highlight is thugs going after each other