ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (Part 2) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=287124)

Why Not? 02-11-2019 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjwood75nro (Post 14100807)
As much as I enjoy the interaction between Negan and Judith, watching her shoot Negan's bike out from under him is too much suspension of disbelief, considering Judith's actress can't even hold the gun steady during her scenes.

Wait....that’s the thing in this series you find hard to believe? Lol.

Why Not? 02-11-2019 11:47 PM

Actually thought this episode was one of the best in years. Honestly may have been Jeffrey Dean Morgan’s best acting job on this show.

kjwood75nro 02-12-2019 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 14102618)
Wait....that’s the thing in this series you find hard to believe? Lol.

A thing, yes.

seaofred 02-12-2019 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjwood75nro (Post 14102676)
A thing, yes.

I don't think she shot the bike out from under him. I think she shot and that "scared" him and caused him to wreck, but I could be wrong.

kjwood75nro 02-12-2019 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaofred (Post 14102847)
I don't think she shot the bike out from under him. I think she shot and that "scared" him and caused him to wreck, but I could be wrong.

I watched it again.

She hits his front tire and shreds it, but she was practically flailing the gun around before the shot.

I'm sure their intent was to make her appear badass and accurate, but it was done badly enough that it looks more like she was aiming for him but missed and hit the bike.

TinyEvel 02-27-2019 01:05 PM

Officially lost its burst, this thread has.

Bald lady, anybody?

I will say that King Ezekiel is like a joke now, to me, for some reason. I mean, he was ok, I tolerated him. Now I just kind of laugh.

and that blonde kid with the staff is a horrible actor.

The show feels like the Chiefs of the 80's. I just keep watching but no idea why, and disappointed almost every time.

Also, I DVR the show and it picks up the opening of Talking Dead every time and Chris Hardwick is insufferable as the annoying fanboy, the way he opens the show with a quick rattling of all the "juicy" new plot points of the episode. turrrble.

Kman34 02-27-2019 02:51 PM

Same shit different season... Bald lady will poke at them till someone kills her.. probably her daughter..

vailpass 02-27-2019 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 14126712)
Officially lost its burst, this thread has.

Bald lady, anybody?

I will say that King Ezekiel is like a joke now, to me, for some reason. I mean, he was ok, I tolerated him. Now I just kind of laugh.

and that blonde kid with the staff is a horrible actor.

The show feels like the Chiefs of the 80's. I just keep watching but no idea why, and disappointed almost every time.

Also, I DVR the show and it picks up the opening of Talking Dead every time and Chris Hardwick is insufferable as the annoying fanboy, the way he opens the show with a quick rattling of all the "juicy" new plot points of the episode. turrrble.

That kid is so ****ing bad I actively root for his character's death every scene he's in. I know his sister was on the TWD cast a couple seasons ago but how the hell did he ever get the job?

And yeah, Hardwick has also jumped the shark right along with the everything else about TWD.

Your last sentence I would guess describes 95% of those of us who were on the TWD ride since day one.

DJJasonp 02-27-2019 06:32 PM

I guess I'm in the minority, but I feel like the episodes post-Rick have actually been better than the last season or so with Rick.

Seems to at least gotten back to being a bit more serious (outside of maybe Ezekial) and back to the roots of the show (how people deal with the zombie apocalypse mentally, more than physically).

But yeah, the kid is really difficult to watch.

vailpass 03-04-2019 08:59 PM

This last episode was horrible. The writing is ridiculous. The Whisperers are comedy at best. It’s just boring.
They’ve moved into full social justice mode as well. Blatant.
I hate to see it end this way but here we are. So long TWD. Better they’d have killed you quick than do what they did to you.

kjwood75nro 03-05-2019 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 14134951)
This last episode was horrible. The writing is ridiculous. The Whisperers are comedy at best. It’s just boring.
They’ve moved into full social justice mode as well. Blatant.
I hate to see it end this way but here we are. So long TWD. Better they’d have killed you quick than do what they did to you.

I don't know if TWD writers' intentions were to make Negan look infinitely more qualified as a leader than Michonne, even while imprisoned, but damn if they didn't pull it off.

I don't know which social justice issue you're specifically referring to, but I do notice that every community is run by women for some reason (Michonne, Carol, Maggie, and Alpha), while clearly superior men take on the beta position, literally in the Whispers' case.

Otter 03-05-2019 05:46 AM

That was the first episode I've tried to watch since the garbage arena duel with Rick and quickly remembered why I quit watching.

sedated 03-07-2019 01:53 PM

I'm still enjoying the show. It's very different with all the main actors leaving, and they are just starting to undo the mess that Gimple made, but entertaining nonetheless.

eDave 03-10-2019 10:28 PM

So, is Daryl going to bang that deaf chick or what?

Kman34 03-11-2019 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 14145153)
So, is Daryl going to bang that deaf chick or what?

Yeah.. I think they are going to hook up.. I also think the kid is going nail the chick they saved from the Whispers...