ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life How spontaneous are you? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=292991)

Rain Man 06-16-2015 12:01 PM

How spontaneous are you?

Imagine that it's today, and that you have a friend or significant other.

Now imagine that the friend or significant other says to you, "Let's go to Vegas this weekend."

Now imagine there's no heaven, it's easy if you try. Wait, never mind on that one.

Anyway, back to the subject at hand. Assume the following:

- you have the funds to go
- you have no conflicting formal plans
- if you don't like Vegas, you can substitute some other destination that you like, such as the Smithsonian Museum or the Badlands or Dollywood if that still exists.

What is your immediate reaction to such an offer? Do you grin and jump at the chance? Are you horrified to get asked on three days' notice? Do you fall somewhere in between?

And as a bonus question, what's the most spontaneous thing you've ever done?

I don't want to take you by surprise, so I'll notify you that a poll is forthcoming.

Rain Man 06-16-2015 12:08 PM

For my answer, I'll note that I have a lot of trouble with spontaneous stuff like this. I'm a planner, even if my plans are often lame.

Donger 06-16-2015 12:09 PM

I like spontaneity, but only went it's well-planned in advance.

WhawhaWhat 06-16-2015 12:09 PM

I'm in, let's go.

rico 06-16-2015 12:15 PM

I'd have to line a bunch of things up with my kids/babysitters/work/etc. I would consider it, but wouldn't be all hyped up about it...I would initially feel annoyed that Inwould have a ton of stuff to line up...unexpectedly.

ptlyon 06-16-2015 12:17 PM

I combust on command

Predarat 06-16-2015 12:22 PM

This is a pretty easy yes for me. Especially having Significant Other on the trip as well, the funds to go and flexibility on the destination. And Dollywood is still rocking and rolling, they have added about 3 new coasters in recent years, two of them damn cool, one a more family oriented one.

mr. tegu 06-16-2015 12:29 PM

My answer would be different based on who was offering. I answered as if it was my wife making the suggestion so I said the first option.

seclark 06-16-2015 12:35 PM

as long as there's beer, I'm there.
sec

Graystoke 06-16-2015 12:35 PM

Who is going to keep my beer cold when I am gone?

But seriously,
I like to plan, and then deviate from the plan.

MagicHef 06-16-2015 12:58 PM

Are you asking me to go to Vegas with you?

kysirsoze 06-16-2015 01:06 PM

I'm in. I plan things out because I like to be assured things will go smoothly, but I like it even better when that's not really an option and I'm forced to go with the flow.

BWillie 06-16-2015 01:57 PM

I go in a heartbeat

Rain Man 06-16-2015 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 11551562)
Are you asking me to go to Vegas with you?

Yes, but next April.

Demonpenz 06-16-2015 02:16 PM

I like to have everything planned out...who I am going with how much it will cost I try to save as much money as possible. Try to manage our time at the destination then I try to leave early to beat the traffic home...Oh BTW my Wife is taking 2 cocks at the same time from unemployed men who go with the flow. Our marriage advisor says it is because I am about as fun as cramming a worlds of fun crazy straw into his pee hole.