ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Murder charges in revenge killing by father of children slain by drunk driver (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269960)

Pablo 08-28-2014 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 10856251)
Tests showed this guy was drunk, I wonder if it was obvious to the dad after the accident, like booze bottles or something? Is killing ok if it's just an accident, or does the guy have to be drunk?

It's really whatever best helps you feel like you're starring in a Western.

BWillie 08-28-2014 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 10856259)
It's really whatever best helps you feel like you're starring in a Western.

hahahha

+1

htismaqe 08-28-2014 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 10856251)
Tests showed this guy was drunk, I wonder if it was obvious to the dad after the accident, like booze bottles or something? Is killing ok if it's just an accident, or does the guy have to be drunk?

Very good and interesting take.

CoMoChief 08-28-2014 11:50 AM

The difference is the drunk driver didn't have intentions on killing anyone. It was an accident. Sure its an accident that could have been avoided had the driver not gotten behind the wheel while drunk, but it doesn't change the fact that it was indeed an accident.

As far as the guy that witnessed someone raping his daughter. You don't just rape someone by accident. The rapist has full intentions of raping said female, that's not just something that happens out of the blue. To me it's bullshit the guy got life for beating that crazy asshole to death. To me he did the world and state taxpayers a favor by getting rid of that scum.

But shooting someone in retaliation of a drunk driver hitting your kid is still murder. It's acting irrationally during a highly stressful situation, but his intentions were to get his gun and then pull the trigger and kill said drunk driver. It's ridiculous that guy got away w/ murder.

Just Passin' By 08-28-2014 11:50 AM

Interesting case. I wonder how hard the police looked for evidence.

Mr. Laz 08-28-2014 11:50 AM

no-win situation

kepp 08-28-2014 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 10856267)
The difference is the drunk driver didn't have intentions on killing anyone. It was an accident. Sure its an accident that could have been avoided had the driver not gotten behind the wheel while drunk, but it doesn't change the fact that it was indeed an accident.

As far as the guy that witnessed someone raping his daughter. You don't just rape someone by accident. The rapist has full intentions of raping said female, that's not just something that happens out of the blue. To me it's bullshit the guy got life for beating that crazy asshole to death. To me he did the world and state taxpayers a favor by getting rid of that scum.

But shooting someone in retaliation of a drunk driver hitting your kid is still murder. It's acting irrationally during a highly stressful situation, but his intentions were to get his gun and then pull the trigger and kill said drunk driver. It's ridiculous that guy got away w/ murder.

It's as if people aren't actually looking at the evidence the prosecution had.

Mr. Flopnuts 08-28-2014 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10856268)
Interesting case. I wonder how hard the police looked for evidence.

For instance, parents lived right across the street from them, did they check their house and yard for it?

FishingRod 08-28-2014 11:58 AM

Father acquitted of killing drunk driver

A jury in Texas found a man not guilty in the murder of a drunk driver who killed his sons. Local media reports say in 2012, 20-year-old Jose Banda Jr. was intoxicated when he struck and killed David Barajas' sons. They were just 11 and 12, and helping to push the family's truck down a road near their home. Prosecutors say Barajas then shot and killed Banda. Anderson discussed this emotional case with former federal prosecutor Jeffrey Toobin and Mark O'Mara, who is George Zimmerman's former attorney.

Mr. Flopnuts 08-28-2014 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 10856277)
It's as if people aren't actually looking at the evidence the prosecution had.

There literally wasn't any. No residue, and you can't provide a murder weapon equals not having a case. Surprised they tried him with so little.

kepp 08-28-2014 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 10856283)
There literally wasn't any. No residue, and you can't provide a murder weapon equals not having a case. Surprised they tried him with so little.

That's what I was thinking. How could they think they could get him convicted for murder when they have zero hard evidence?

lcarus 08-28-2014 12:08 PM

This guy was wrong. It's not ok to take the law into your own hands.

And I applaud him for it.

loochy 08-28-2014 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10856299)
It's not ok to take the law into your own hands.

Someone has to do it. We know that law enforcement won't do anything. All they are interested in is shooting unarmed innocent black men execution style.

Nirvana58 08-28-2014 12:31 PM

I can't believe some people are outraged at the verdict. The man had just lost both his kids to a drunk driver. I would do the same in his situation. If someone hurt my family for their stupidity I am not going to just automatically think well I am sure he is sorry for it and forgive that person. The guy just had to watch both his kids die in front of him. Can you even imagine what that must have been like? It is a horrible tragedy but sending this man to prison and leaving his remaining children fatherless would only make it worse. Evidence or not the right decision was made in this case and I applaud Texas for it.

listopencil 08-28-2014 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9399971)
We've got one of those in here doing life.

Saw a man raping his daughter and beat him to death.

Yes, despite that, despite the fact any father would clearly go temporarily insane, he got life...

That's too bad. I can't blame a guy for that.