ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Will Smith to star in Tarantinos next "Django Unchained" ? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244861)

Predarat 06-08-2012 07:45 AM

DeBerg does usually have good taste in movies, but we are all human and have flaws. One of his is his love of the Karate Kid Remake.

Predarat 06-08-2012 07:50 AM

Django looks damn awesome.

Micjones 06-08-2012 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 8666199)
I pretty much agree, Fox has been mailing it in since Ray, getting by on natural cool without really digging in, i've always kinda thought of him as an actor that doesnt always take his craft seriously, he needs a director who is going to challenge & push him... maybe Tarantino is just the medicine he needs.

He's been at his absolute best when portraying historical figures (Ray Charles, Bundini Brown). I also think he turned in rock solid performances in "Any Given Sunday", "Collateral" and "Dreamgirls".

the Talking Can 06-08-2012 08:07 AM

tarantino has a pretty good track record of getting strong performances from unlikely castings...i'll give him the benefit of the doubt

ThaVirus 06-08-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8665245)
He'd never take a role like this. I'm not sure he has the kind of chops necessary to make a character like "Django" believable.

I disagree.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8665551)
Smith is very image-conscious.
I can't knock the approach though.
It's made for one very impressive filmography.

I agree.

Easy 6 06-08-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8667035)
He's been at his absolute best when portraying historical figures (Ray Charles, Bundini Brown). I also think he turned in rock solid performances in "Any Given Sunday", "Collateral" and "Dreamgirls".

Yeah, i'll give you Collateral he did do well playing against type & he was fine as Ali's trainer i guess.

But AGS was terrible all the way around, including him.

Deberg_1990 06-08-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 8666086)
"Django, the D is silent"

If Will Smith had played this part: "Django, the D is silent.....Wooooo!!"

beach tribe 06-08-2012 10:45 PM

Jamie Fox is infinitely more talented than Will Smiff.
Please show me an acting "performance" by will smith that is anything CLOSE to Fox's best efforts.

Silock 06-09-2012 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 8668807)
Please show me an acting "performance" by will smith that is anything CLOSE to Fox's best efforts.

Independence Day, clearly.

Unforgettable performance, with classic lines like "I have GOT to get me one of THESE," and "Welcome to earth."

Frankly, I'm shocked he didn't win an Oscar there. HE WAS SNUBBED!

Crush 06-09-2012 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 8668963)

Unforgettable performance, with classic lines like "I have GOT to get me one of THESE," and "Welcome to earth."

I can't fault Smith with Independence Day. That entire movie is one giant turd. Bill Pullman as President. Cousin Eddie saving the day. The aliens not having a firewall. It is definitely one of the worst movies of all time.

Deberg_1990 06-09-2012 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 8668963)

Dude, don't hold that against Smith. That was early in his career and more script than acting. Hes not the greatest actor in the world but hes had a number of strong roles....although he does play it safe for the most part when choosing his roles.
Posted via Mobile Device

InChiefsHeaven 06-09-2012 07:50 AM

I liked Independence Day. Having fun and a suspension of disbelief is good. **** you.:p

DBOSHO 06-09-2012 07:58 AM

Pursuit of happiness, seven pounds, i am legend

ThaVirus 06-09-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 8668807)

I'd say Ray is Foxx's best performance. Ali from Smith is on that level.

Predarat 06-09-2012 01:25 PM

Will Smith would have done fine, but I think Foxx has that 'edginess' to him that will make it work better.