ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Sac's 2014 Chiefs Mock Draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275310)

Sorter 12-30-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10321934)
Winning his matchups. Sealing out holes, panckes, redirecting blitzes, etc. Beats me. I would think that each team has their own little set of parameters, but according to the University of Virginia, Moses graded out at 90% or above for every game in 2013.

So that's from their (UVA) website then?

jd1020 12-30-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 10321903)
What does this mean, exactly?

Not quite at the level of Cassel.

Sorter 12-30-2013 01:48 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qNmiRu3Kcf0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Interesting.

Saccopoo 12-30-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 10321910)
I don't think Moncrief declares and, even if he does, I doubt he drops to the chiefs at 3.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Moncrief. He'll get pushed down the draft because of Mike Evans, who's the most similar player to Moncrief (even a little bigger), and where Dante times out at the combine if he does declare.

He doesn't have much to prove at Ole Miss at this point other than potentially elevating his draft stock for 2015.

You don't think guys like Moncrief end up in the third round, but I think he'll get similar treatment to what you saw with Eric Decker and Keenan Allen, both of whom should have gone much higher in the draft than the third round, but they both ended up there because of injury or questions about being able to separate from NFL defenders on a long field (which is the question that most people will have about Moncrief heading into the draft). However, like Moncrief, both of those guys could catch the living shit out of the ball and destroyed people at the college level. I think Donte is very similar to both of those players from a pro potential and questions about his game standpoint.

However, I think the guy will be an absolute stud at the next level. Reminds me a lot of Andre Johnson.

jd1020 12-30-2013 01:54 PM

I bet he declares...

Look at his catch at 3:40. He aint got time for college rules.

Nightfyre 12-30-2013 01:58 PM

Moncrief reminds me a lot of DBowe only with great route running. This is a deep receiver class, so maybe he drops to the second round, but I doubt he makes it to the bottom of three. The only reason I know about him is because I followed him a bit last year.

Great Expectations 12-30-2013 04:46 PM

What is going on at CBS? In the first Mock Draft that left the Chiefs out Rang had Dix going to the Bengals at #24, then when they move back to 25 allowing for the Chiefs to draft at 24 he falls off his board. He also doesn't have him on his 47 person big board.

Prospect RankingFull Prospect Rankings
Overall Position Projected Rnd
30 1 1-2
Mock DraftFull Mock Drafts
Rang Brugler Prisco Judge
(24) (17) - -
Workout Results
40 20 10 Bench
4.54 - - -
Vertical Broad Shuttle Cone
- - - -

Saccopoo 01-06-2014 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 10322444)
What is going on at CBS? In the first Mock Draft that left the Chiefs out Rang had Dix going to the Bengals at #24, then when they move back to 25 allowing for the Chiefs to draft at 24 he falls off his board. He also doesn't have him on his 47 person big board.

Prospect RankingFull Prospect Rankings
Overall Position Projected Rnd
30 1 1-2
Mock DraftFull Mock Drafts
Rang Brugler Prisco Judge
(24) (17) - -
Workout Results
40 20 10 Bench
4.54 - - -
Vertical Broad Shuttle Cone
- - - -

Because Rang is bleh and loves moving guys up and down significantly at this juncture, or so it seems. He also is a fan of the usual suspects at big name schools.

I haven't looked at the CBS board in a long time.

Saccopoo 01-06-2014 07:47 PM

Oh, and Donte Moncrief has declared for the NFL draft as of yesterday.

Dude is a beast.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XpOHRPmhErw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/i3ZS6HRdbKo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mav 01-06-2014 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10351535)
Oh, and Donte Moncrief has declared for the NFL draft as of yesterday.

Dude is a beast.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XpOHRPmhErw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/i3ZS6HRdbKo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He is. Watched some of him in his Bowl game

McBeard 01-07-2014 07:25 AM

I just don't know about Clinton-Dix. He's an upgrade over Lewis in coverage but I don't think he is an upgrade at tackling. That should say a lot because Lewis was a terrible tackler. I think there is a real possibility he could drop because of the tackling so there is a chance KC could get him. Could he be the next Ed Reed? Reed wasn't a good tackler coming into the league either but he sure as hell could make some plays. Clinton-Dix's potential is hard to judge and I keep going back and fourth on the guy. Calvin Pryor is definitely better all around. Clinton-Dix is boom or bust in my opinion and if he booms he could be special.

OldSchool 01-07-2014 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 10321992)
Moncrief reminds me a lot of DBowe only with great route running. This is a deep receiver class, so maybe he drops to the second round, but I doubt he makes it to the bottom of three. The only reason I know about him is because I followed him a bit last year.

I agree. Unfortunately Moncreif also has Bowe's penchant for dropping passes he should catch. If we were to go Wr, I would go with Odell Beckham Jr. in the first. He's a Steve Smith clone with a bit more size if I've ever seen one.

OldSchool 01-07-2014 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McBeard (Post 10352772)
I just don't know about Clinton-Dix. He's an upgrade over Lewis in coverage but I don't think he is an upgrade at tackling. That should say a lot because Lewis was a terrible tackler. I think there is a real possibility he could drop because of the tackling so there is a chance KC could get him. Could he be the next Ed Reed? Reed wasn't a good tackler coming into the league either but he sure as hell could make some plays. Clinton-Dix's potential is hard to judge and I keep going back and fourth on the guy. Calvin Pryor is definitely better all around. Clinton-Dix is boom or bust in my opinion and if he booms he could be special.

I view Dix as a second round talent. I would take Calvin Pryor over him but I wouldn't take either of them in the first.

Saccopoo 01-07-2014 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10353242)
I agree. Unfortunately Moncreif also has Bowe's penchant for dropping passes he should catch. If we were to go Wr, I would go with Odell Beckham Jr. in the first. He's a Steve Smith clone with a bit more size if I've ever seen one.

That's a good comparison. Beckham has really nice hands and is very stout. He's also exceptionally fast in pads like Smith.

Easy 6 01-07-2014 08:59 PM

Ok, you guys have me freakin SOLD with the Steve Smith/Beckham comparisons.

Get that guy IN here.