ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Shanahan Grilled by DC Press (Says the MRI Might Be Wrong Because of Old Injuries) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268592)

RINGLEADER 01-07-2013 02:18 PM

Shanahan Grilled by DC Press (Says the MRI Might Be Wrong Because of Old Injuries)

Watching Shanahan get questioned about putting RG3 into the game long enough to watch his knee go side-ways. Getting peeved. Fun to watch him squirm. The fact that he didn't come out and say RG3 was fine and instead is sending him to Dr. Andrews for another set of MRIs ("sometimes old injuries can fool new MRIs") doesn't sound good...

bowener 01-07-2013 02:20 PM

What is the possible injury then? And how serious?

Buehler445 01-07-2013 02:20 PM

I didn't watch the game. What happened to RGIII?

KC_Lee 01-07-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9292657)

Bad snap in shotgun formation, twisted knee when trying to cover ball.

FAX 01-07-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9292657)

On his last play, he fumbled the snap and went down ... it kinda looked like he was trying to scratch the back of his head with his patella.

FAX

htismaqe 01-07-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9292656)
What is the possible injury then? And how serious?

Career likely over.

WilliamTheIrish 01-07-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

...sometimes old injuries can fool new MRIs")
Really, Dr. Shannarat? I think this was misquoted. It should have read:

"I didn't really get clearance from any team physician".

FAX 01-07-2013 02:29 PM

It's true that MRIs are hardly exact. Half the time, the same MRI will give multiple, differing results depending on who is reading them. Been there. Got shirt.

Still, Rizzo screwed the pooch putting the entire franchise on the line like that. Especially considering what they gave up to acquire RG No Knee.

I feel terrible for the kid. It's just horrific that his career may be cut short due to the selfishness of Rizzo and his son. Disgusting, is what it is.

Go Wally!!!

FAX

Ceej 01-07-2013 02:29 PM

DAMMIT COACH KILMER!!!!!!1111

-King- 01-07-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9292683)
Career likely over.

The ****? It wasn't that bad. Maybe an ACL/MCL which should take him out for about 6-8 months.

I'm starting to be okay with not trading for him. I don't think he'll be in the league for more than 3-5 years.

htismaqe 01-07-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9292694)
It's true that MRIs are hardly exact. Half the time, the same MRI will give multiple, differing results depending on who is reading them. Been there. Got shirt.

Still, Rizzo screwed the pooch putting the entire franchise on the line like that. Especially considering what they gave up to acquire RG No Knee.

I feel terrible for the kid. It's just horrific that his career may be cut short due to the selfishness of Rizzo and his son. Disgusting, is what it is.

Go Wally!!!

FAX

:Lin:

He's there to win games. I'm sure he begged Shanahan not to play...

htismaqe 01-07-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9292700)
The ****? It wasn't that bad. Maybe an ACL/MCL which should take him out for about 6-8 months.

I'm starting to be okay with not trading for him. I don't think he'll be in the league for more than 3-5 years.

I was overreacting to the overreacting.

jd1020 01-07-2013 02:32 PM

This was Shanahans plan from the very beginning.

Ruin his knee so he can't run as he did in college, forcing him to become a pocket passer.

DeezNutz 01-07-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9292694)

Go Wally!!!

FAX

I first read that as, "Been there. Got skirt." And I was like, "Me, too, brah...me, too."

scho63 01-07-2013 02:32 PM

The fans here in the DC area are furious and 99% are really pissed he stayed in so long. He was hurting early on and should have come out earlier.