ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2013 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267564)

mr. tegu 07-25-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 9833248)
The team is loaded with guys that are small and hit singles. They don't need any more of them. If they are going to look for someone to add in the OF, then David Lough is going to be the guy that goes every time. They aren't getting a lot of power from adding a guy at 2B and I don't think Gordon, Moose or Hosmer are going anywhere anytime soon.

The team is loaded with guys who are supposed to hit for power. Faulting Lough for their lack of production is silly, given he has been pretty consistent. But that is besides the point and is really just an opinion on how to build the team.

You said Lough isn't an everyday RF. What are you basing that off of? If you mean simply because THIS team needs more power, then fine, but that is really what I said initially, to which I would disagree that Lough is not an everyday RF. He obviously isn't proven yet, but he has earned a chance to prove it.

Fansy the Famous Bard 07-25-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9833274)
But our self-constructed window closes after next season, thanks to Dayton ****ing Moore.

FML.

I am speculating on what I think should be done for the betterment of the franchise (I'm here for life), not what I think GMDipshit will do. :banghead:

ChiTown 07-25-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9833226)
The Dodgers (Joe Pederson) make some sense, as does Nick Castellanos of the Tigers. The Marlins also have an OF logjam and might be willing to move Justin Ruggiano. The only other team with position player logjam (the Rangers) probably just took care of a big piece of it.

The Royals Brett Eibner also bears watching... since June 1, he is:

.268/.333/.541

with 11 HR, 6 3B and 8 2B

It's the first time he has really succeeded as a hitter. It's possible the light has gone on for a guy with huge upside and RH power. It's also possible it's just a hot streak that doesn't mean anything.

I was surprised how slow a start Eibner had in the Minors system, given he was coming from college. At 24, his light needs to keep coming on if he wants to have a legit shot at the MLB level.

ChiTown 07-25-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 9833275)
At this point is Eibner going to be a ML Thirdbaseman or is he gonna be making a position switch before he gets here?

RF'r

WhawhaWhat 07-25-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9833279)
The team is loaded with guys who are supposed to hit for power. Faulting Lough for their lack of production is silly, given he has been pretty consistent. But that is besides the point and is really just an opinion on how to build the team.

You said Lough isn't an everyday RF. What are you basing that off of? If you mean simply because THIS team needs more power, then fine, but that is really what I said initially, to which I would disagree that Lough is not an everyday RF. He obviously isn't proven yet, but he has earned a chance to prove it.

If they bring in another OF, who gets replaced?

What team brings in David Lough to replace one of their outfielders?

Great Expectations 07-25-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 9833284)
I was surprised how slow a start Eibner had in the Minors system, given he was coming from college. At 24, his light needs to keep coming on if he wants to have a legit shot at the MLB level.

He can hit for power, but I thought they should see if he can still pitch not too long ago. Hope this hot streak sticks.

duncan_idaho 07-25-2013 10:28 AM

Eibner's bat has been slow to progress because he was a two-way player at Arkansas. A lot of times, those guys take more time to develop. He is starting to hit, and it was at pretty much the last minute. He had few chances left.

RH power like his is rare, especially when packaged with a guy who plays a GREAT CF/RF.

siberian khatru 07-25-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9833350)
Eibner's bat has been slow to progress because he was a two-way player at Arkansas. A lot of times, those guys take more time to develop. He is starting to hit, and it was at pretty much the last minute. He had few chances left.

RH power like his is rare, especially when packaged with a guy who plays a GREAT CF/RF.

He's also been hurt off and on, hasn't he?

mr. tegu 07-25-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 9833293)
If they bring in another OF, who gets replaced?

What team brings in David Lough to replace one of their outfielders?

Lough is doing better than Cain. But before we worry about throwing money or prospects at the outfield, we have much bigger concerns in 2B and most likely starting pitching.

I am not going to look through every team's roster, but you can't try to tell me with a straight face that there are teams out there that couldn't use Lough right away and replace either their LF or RF. He is batting nearly .300, plays good defense, has speed, and has a WAR of 2.1 or 1.2 (depending on the sourece) on the season.

ChiefsCountry 07-25-2013 10:55 AM

Money for Rios could be easily be what we paid for Frenchy and Chen/Hocheaver. So its a wash salary wise.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigCatDaddy 07-25-2013 12:21 PM

Per 810 George steps down as batting coach.

AndChiefs 07-25-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9833532)

Uhoh.

Mr_Tomahawk 07-25-2013 12:28 PM

TJ Carpenter‏@TJCarpenterWHB5m
George Brett stepping down as hitting coach. Will return to front office. Press availability at 4. #Royals

WhawhaWhat 07-25-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9833532)

What a quitter! :D

mr. tegu 07-25-2013 12:32 PM

So this means Hos will suck again and Gordon will go back to being good.