ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2013 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267564)

Prison Bitch 12-11-2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9200919)
Everyone of those pitchers have potential to be #1 or #2 starters on a playoff team. They all have 6 years of control left to their "owners". Thats as expensive as trades get.

Of course, Colby Rasmus also projected as a 3-hitter in the bigs. #5 (2009) and #3 (2010) overall in the BBAmerica prospect rankings. Hit 37 doubles & 29 HR as a 20 year old at AA before coming up. And hit 28 doubles & 23 HR as a 23 year old regular in the Cardinals lineup before being dealt.

And what was he dealt for? 1/2 season of Edwin Jackson and Octavio Dotel. So we see how Cardinal "can't miss prospects" do in fact miss. He's been atrocious in Toronto.

tk13 12-11-2012 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9201458)
The more I think about the Royal's transactions, the more I begin to think that this is about creating a winning environment for the youngsters. The fact is that they need to have hope going into the season that they can contend. I mean, you could see the pressure that losing was creating on the younger guys last year.

Dayton Moore has pretty much openly said this. One of these interviews he did this week, he told a story from a couple years ago where apparently Greinke asked him why he couldn't trade some of these prospects for major leaguers and make this team better. DM said he didn't think it was time for that yet... but now it is.

Prison Bitch 12-11-2012 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9200891)
No way Mo our GM can expect a Calixte for a utility player. :

Well he traded Skip today for a utility player who is not even ranked in the Dodgers top-10:

Top Dodgers' Prospects

1. Zach Lee RHP
2. Corey Seager SS/3B
3. Yasiel Puig CF/RF
4. Joc Pederson CF
5. Chris Reed LHP
6. Blake Smith RF
7. Garrett Gould RHP
8. Alex Castellanos 2B/OF
9. Scott Van Slyke OF/1B
10. Shawn Tolleson RHP

SPATCH 12-11-2012 11:55 PM

Came here for some info/opinions on the sherrill and wheeler signings... was disappointed

duncan_idaho 12-12-2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 9201523)
Came here for some info/opinions on the sherrill and wheeler signings... was disappointed

Sherrill is a sneaky little signing. Wheeler less so (though bullpen depth is always helpful).

If Sherrill comes back healthy, he could be a really nice LOOGY. They're planning to slot Donnie Joseph there, and I think he works out nicely, but it's good to have insurance at that spot if Joseph's control continues to be a major problem.

KC_Connection 12-12-2012 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9200177)
I was thinking of J.P. Ricciardi.

Keith Law doesn't like Ricciardi at all, BTW. He's taken regular shots at him since he left the Jays organization. Doing so hasn't helped his MLB employability, I'm sure.

KC_Connection 12-12-2012 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9200407)
I always have a hard time keep him and De Podesta straight. Not sure why.

Brainfart moment.

The two worked together under Beane in Oakland. So was Ricciardi the huge asshole that you talked to or was it still De Podesta?

kcxiv 12-12-2012 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9201480)
Well he traded Skip today for a utility player who is not even ranked in the Dodgers top-10:

Top Dodgers' Prospects

1. Zach Lee RHP
2. Corey Seager SS/3B
3. Yasiel Puig CF/RF
4. Joc Pederson CF
5. Chris Reed LHP
6. Blake Smith RF
7. Garrett Gould RHP
8. Alex Castellanos 2B/OF
9. Scott Van Slyke OF/1B
10. Shawn Tolleson RHP

I think another team can trade for Zach Lee, imo, he's going to be really really good.

Puig is the only guy that imo is untradeable. they paid alot for the kid and he has enormous talent. He's gonna be a beast.

duncan_idaho 12-12-2012 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9201553)
The two worked together under Beane in Oakland. So was Ricciardi the huge asshole that you talked to or was it still De Podesta?

It was De Podesta, definitely.

It was in the middle of baseball preview season, so I was doing a lot of random calls. Probably why the two blurred together for me.

Great Expectations 12-12-2012 09:30 AM

Are we still in talks with Dickey? He isn't much more expensive than Hoch is this year and will cost around 12 per year for a 2 year extension.

Toadkiller 12-12-2012 09:48 AM

They are playing the press conference for our new guys on 610. Starting to get a bit excited. I love their attitudes that is for sure. Ned brought me down when he said he feels like Hoch is going to turn a corner this year.

Great Expectations 12-12-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toadkiller (Post 9202061)
They are playing the press conference for our new guys on 610. Starting to get a bit excited.

If you want to get excited read this:

http://www.royalsreview.com/2012/12/...rting-pitching

stevenidol 12-12-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toadkiller (Post 9202061)
They are playing the press conference for our new guys on 610. Starting to get a bit excited. I love their attitudes that is for sure. Ned brought me down when he said he feels like Hoch is going to turn a corner this year.

James Shields has a great personality and you can tell he definitely expects to win. Wade Davis seemed like a pretty quiet guy, and Shields even answered a question for him at one point.

I am so excited for this season, and I will definitely be giving the team a standing O when they hit the field on opening day.

Strongside 12-12-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 9202072)

Woa. This is going to be a fun summer if they get even close to that.

mr. tegu 12-12-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 9202072)

94-68! Woohoo! He was only 2 games off last season and he actually predicted 2 games worse than what we finished.