ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life My wife and I need your help. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=178975)

BigRedChief 10-14-2011 05:36 PM

Interested in the Tampa/St. Pete area?

Gonzo 10-14-2011 06:16 PM

Sorry to hear about that man.

Good luck to you and the Mrs.
Posted via Mobile Device

Extra Point 10-14-2011 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 7994876)
"But we need to cut overhead so we can pay out bonuses to the shareholders."

How appropriate. If you're not in the family of the BOD, you're ****ed.

Sorry about your situation. Truly. At least, you have family, and that's what matters most, if that's any consolation.

OnTheWarpath15 10-14-2011 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 7995278)
Interested in the Tampa/St. Pete area?

We're interested in anywhere that is a good opportunity.

Thanks to everyone for your well wishes, and thanks to those of you who have PM'd or repped leads.

1ChiefsDan 10-14-2011 07:48 PM

Not sure what my company has available in business development, but we have jobs all over the us. Look at www.kindermorgan.com. It is oil, gas and petrochemical, but we are always building or buying - nature of an MLP.

Buehler445 10-14-2011 09:19 PM

Check your PMs.

OnTheWarpath15 10-15-2011 10:22 AM

Selfish bump.

Rausch 10-15-2011 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 7994908)
That's okay. My wife usually got mad at the mess the strippers left behind.

Only when you woke up the next morning and had to pay for 8 lap dances, 3 meals at Denny's, and $90 in cab fare that you don't remember...:evil:

TinyEvel 10-15-2011 10:35 AM

Damn, OTWP. Straight from the week's headlines. Sorry to hear that. Hopefully it will work out like before.

Can she avoid a pass rush and throw a football 50 yards? :shrug:

seriously, though, good thoughts for you and the Mrs.

TE

Stewie 10-15-2011 10:40 AM

Sorry to hear this OTWP. My boss of five years was let go yesterday. He was my boss from 2003-2008, then was promoted to VP of Operations. Then promoted again to Director of Global Operations. He bought a big new house with the promotions and pay raises. He was told yesterday they are reorganizing Operations and he's not in their plans. He has one kid in college and one that's a senior in HS. His wife is a substitute teacher. He's in panic mode.

OnTheWarpath15 01-03-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 7994876)
And here we are, almost four years later, and back in the same position. She was let go this morning.

They actually had the balls to look her in the eye and say, "this isn't due to performance, you've done everything we've asked of you and more. But we need to cut overhead so we can pay out bonuses to the shareholders."

I wish I was kidding.

So here we go again, late in the calendar year, in a shitty economy.

Everything in the OP is still accurate, and she now has 3+ years of selling architectural and engineering services on her resume.

If anyone, anywhere has a lead, please share. We're open to moving for the right position.

And damn near 15 months later...

She's just accepted an offer. Signed the contract about an hour ago.

Found a position with a great architecture/engineering firm located here in STL, with an office at Lake of the Ozarks and thinking of opening offices in KC and Dallas.

Paying more than what she was making with her previous company, 100% paid benefits, company credit card - you name it.

It's been a rough go, but things are looking good. Best of luck to those of you still looking - your day is coming.

The Franchise 01-03-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9275289)

Found a position with a great architecture/engineering firm located here in STL, with an office at Lake of the Ozarks and thinking of opening offices in KC and Dallas.

Paying more than what she was making with her previous company, 100% paid benefits, company credit card - you name it.

It's been a rough go, but things are looking good. Best of luck to those of you still looking - your day is coming.

That's awesome!

ChiTown 01-03-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9275289)

Grats to you and Mrs. OTWP. May 2013 bring you both much success.

RockChalk 01-03-2013 03:35 PM

You can't have my sperm. I know what you're up to!

RockChalk 01-03-2013 03:35 PM

In all seriousness though, congratulations! Glad to hear she finally found was sounds to be a pretty damn good job.