ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Music Real Life School Of Rock? (Aaron Okeefe) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278969)

Lzen 11-26-2013 10:40 AM

Real Life School Of Rock? (Aaron Okeefe)

I first saw this a coupe weeks ago. It's being shared a lot on FB. Just thought I'd share in case anyone hasn't seen it. I will post vids in the first post. Or you can look for Aaron Okeefe vids on Youtube. Apparently, he must run a pretty amazing music school up there in Ohio.

aaronokeefe.com

Lzen 11-26-2013 10:42 AM

This is a pretty good cover of Dream Theater. Admittedly, some of the guitar and keyboard parts are a bit simplified but impressive nonetheless. The drummer is pretty darn good, as well. But what really blows me away is this little 11 year old girl. Her vocals are amazing.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Eqiotc_fKQ4?list=PLVRBbXvAwlq7pNpWO2RMNWLrEiFl9IHQs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lzen 11-26-2013 10:43 AM

And here is their version of Tool's 46 and 2 off the album, Aenima. This is a different drummer but this kid is also pretty incredible. Really the whole band is amazing in this one. Once again, the little girl does a fantastic job with the vocals. She does all the inflections very well, IMO.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mYKLvYGqaC0?list=PLVRBbXvAwlq7pNpWO2RMNWLrEiFl9IHQs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lzen 11-26-2013 10:48 AM

One more. This just shows how soulful and gifted this little girl's vocals are.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Zx6LhBvo8Ms?list=PLVRBbXvAwlq7pNpWO2RMNWLrEiFl9IHQs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hometeam 11-26-2013 10:49 AM

Obligatory I can see this down at any local music shop etc

DMAC 11-26-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 10226263)
This is a pretty good cover of Dream Theater. Admittedly, some of the guitar and keyboard parts are a bit simplified but impressive nonetheless. The drummer is pretty darn good, as well. But what really blows me away is this little 11 year old girl. Her vocals are amazing.

That was awesome. Nice to hear vocals that DONT ruin that masterpiece.

otherstar 11-26-2013 11:08 AM

I found them yesterday myself. Those kids have done some great work!

Radar Chief 11-26-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 10226274)
And here is their version of Tool's 46 and 2 off the album, Aenima. This is a different drummer but this kid is also pretty incredible. Really the whole band is amazing in this one. Once again, the little girl does a fantastic job with the vocals. She does all the inflections very well, IMO.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mYKLvYGqaC0?list=PLVRBbXvAwlq7pNpWO2RMNWLrEiFl9IHQs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is in the Epic Win topic too.
That kid is the Rowdy Roddy Piper of drummers.
“I came here for two things:
1. To pound the shit out of a drum set and,
2. To chew bubble gum.
And I’m all out of bubble gum!”

Dayze 11-26-2013 02:55 PM

Pull Me Under was kick ass. Kick as song in general, but they killed it.

I probably would've passed out if the guitarist nailed Petrucci. lol

It's good to see exposed to 'music' that isn't engineered by a record company based on appearances of the 'artist'.
So cool this music teacher does this. Epic.