ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto cool car pics thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267360)

lewdog 09-24-2014 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10945501)
Yup - I have the 335i and the 135i now - I'm no longer really in to Audi's that much. Ty though - I really appreciate the words, I love cars and seriously could talk about them for hours, sort of like you and BigCatDaddy talk about fitness. LOL

I'd rather have a BWM like you and not be a homo talking about working out like me.

stanleychief 09-24-2014 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10945550)
I've had more than one of both - and unless you're getting a r8 - they're not as solid as BMW (IMO) - Throw a tune on a 335i you will beat 90% of challengers out there - of course now - the only time I'll get crazy is on a track - however prior to my ticket I whipped an s4's ass - like bad in the 335 I have.

I put a JB4 and a DCI kit on my '08 335xi. Trying to figure out where to go from here. I think downpipes are the next recommended upgrade but on the xi it sounds like that requires some major work. Have you done that to your 335? If so, does it alter the sound much? I'm hoping it maintains a respectable sound rather than sounding like a fart in a coffee can.

DenverChief 09-24-2014 07:54 PM

Quote:

I've had more than one of both - and unless you're getting a r8 - they're not as solid as BMW (IMO) - Throw a tune on a 335i you will beat 90% of challengers out there - of course now - the only time I'll get crazy is on a track - however prior to my ticket I whipped an s4's ass - like bad in the 335 I have.

I love the S-line, but I really like the TDI - the 2106 Passat TDI is supposed to be 236 horses and 368 ftlbs of torque in AWD with the DSG transmission....that has got me excited - especially if they are giving the A4 TDI the same setup

DenverChief 09-24-2014 08:01 PM

Quote:

Also I'm not street racing with my personal vehicle - plenty of git up n go when I need it. They make police interceptors for street racing :D

Simply Red 09-24-2014 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanleychief (Post 10945590)
I put a JB4 and a DCI kit on my '08 335xi. Trying to figure out where to go from here. I think downpipes are the next recommended upgrade but on the xi it sounds like that requires some major work. Have you done that to your 335? If so, does it alter the sound much? I'm hoping it maintains a respectable sound rather than sounding like a fart in a coffee can.

i had the jb4 on the first grey sedan - I have the Cobb Access Port on the 09 black one - I prefer the 'built-into ECU' vs the piggy-back - though JB4 will give you slightly better pull. Tell you what - if you're using run-flats - next time try the Bridgestone s04's - they hook the road like nothing else - and are $980 per set versus those rip-off Mich. Super-sports which are $1150/set.

Tires are critical - You'll see tremendous gains if you simply buy some regular tires versus those crappy run-flats.

Simply Red 09-24-2014 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief (Post 10945628)
Also I'm not street racing with my personal vehicle - plenty of git up n go when I need it. They make police interceptors for street racing :D

link? LOL

Yeah the black one (not to brag) but it's pulling 428/torque rating. That's after the tune though. but that's what makes it feel like a little black demon :D

Simply Red 09-24-2014 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanleychief (Post 10945590)

The DP's will help your spool - they'll help it sound a tad more throaty, but it sounds smooth - it doesn't sound like a ricer, btw - I did also have AR catless downs on that other 07 335i gray sedan. That thing was faster than the black one - but felt a little less safe to be perfectly honest.

Dayze 09-24-2014 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10945404)

I thought you had a black BMW :hmmm:

TrebMaxx 09-24-2014 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10945846)
i had the jb4 on the first grey sedan - I have the Cobb Access Port on the 09 black one - I prefer the 'built-into ECU' vs the piggy-back - though JB4 will give you slightly better pull. Tell you what - if you're using run-flats - next time try the Bridgestone s04's - they hook the road like nothing else - and are $980 per set versus those rip-off Mich. Super-sports which are $1150/set.

Tires are critical - You'll see tremendous gains if you simply buy some regular tires versus those crappy run-flats.

I prefer the Continentals on my bimmer but I have heard good things on the Bridgestones.

Simply Red 09-24-2014 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10945893)

I do still - I traded in the black Audi which was my daily driver - the 335i is still owned by me and is my weekend baby.

Simply Red 09-24-2014 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10945893)

I will take a picture of them side by side this weekend. They are side by side in the garage photo - however you can't see the black bitch.

stanleychief 09-24-2014 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10945846)

Nice, I bought it last year and the dealership luckily had put new tires on it beforehand. When it is due for new ones I'll gladly switch over. I don't get much slip though because I'm in an XI, so AWD helps a lot.

Dayze 09-24-2014 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10945978)
I will take a picture of them side by side this weekend. They are side by side in the garage photo - however you can't see the black bitch.

Reported. :D

I think I remember a pic of it. I like the new one though too. One of my favorites since it came out.

Simply Red 09-24-2014 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanleychief (Post 10945989)
Nice, I bought it last year and the dealership luckily had put new tires on it beforehand. When it is due for new ones I'll gladly switch over. I don't get much slip though because I'm in an XI, so AWD helps a lot.

:doh!:

oh yeah - that's true - I didn't even think of that - but still will help.

Are you getting some nice pull from the JB4? I would add it to this one - however I have that same twin-turbo set up w/ much less weight - I just can't justify it - esp. after that ticket. :( This car would be much faster than the 335i if it TOO were tuned - but as for now - the 335 would demolish this stock version of it's smaller sibling.

Simply Red 09-24-2014 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10945993)
Reported. :D

I think I remember a pic of it. I like the new one though too. One of my favorites since it came out.

Oh well tyvm - I do too - it wasn't too pricey - I got a darned good deal on it - however it does have 80k mis - but that Audi had 121k.