ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs An NFL insider rips Pioli for letting quality players go (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266188)

rabblerouser 11-05-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9086415)
Berry actually plays up in a LB spot covering TEs typically, not in a safety position in our sub package, which we run quite a bit. Carr never did that.

He does that in run support too - when he's 100%, Berry is probably the most versatile player on that D. You'd figure that with Berry, Flowers and Carr in you D backfield, you would be set for a decade and able to run any Defense you want at anytime. Routt would've been a great nickel back and insurance policy.

not resigning Carr = major Pioli fail

Deberg_1990 11-05-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 9086401)
the reason Carr is so sorely missed is because this front seven blows.

Well yes that + no QB + an incompetent coaching staff = disaster

Buckweath 11-05-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9086160)
but the talent level is not fine. which is why we are 1-7, the worst in the league, getting blown out of games and is also the SUBJECT and theme of this very thread and the OP. Talent walking for nothing

if there was overall talent they would win some games. Like 5-11, 6-10, 7-9 type wins. Like teams with talent but bad coaching do. The 49ers, Dolphins, etc

we are Detroit Lions 0-16 bad or last years Colts or Rams bad. Where the roster not only will need a whole new staff and a young QB but a complete ****ing overhaul of talent like those teams did.

Ok do you really believe that this present Chiefs team is less talented than that 2010 team who finished 10-6??

This team is being killed by terrible QB play, terrible coaching and turnovers in bunch by any player really.

This defense without Berry played great for the second half of last year, playing the likes of Brady, Big Ben and Rodgers. I'm not concerned about the defense once the turnovers can stop and going forward the next few years. Now, get a QB and a HC who has a brain.

rabblerouser 11-05-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9086426)
Routt would get worked much worse on the inside. If you think he is playing horrible now, he would be that much more ineffective playing inside IMO.

Javier isn't the answer either. Don't think I'm saying that. We have no quality RCB or nickel/slot/inside corner (whatever term you prefer).

Javier is a LIABILITY in pass coverage, no matter where he lines up.

He's a decent special teamer...who we used a 2nd rd pick on...the we got in exchange for Tony G.

Buddha wept.

Sorter 11-05-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9086433)
He does that in run support too - when he's 100%, Berry is probably the most versatile player on that D. You'd figure that with Berry, Flowers and Carr in you D backfield, you would be set for a decade and able to run any Defense you want at anytime. Routt would've been a great nickel back and insurance policy.

not resigning Carr = major Pioli fail

Disagree with nickel, but definitely as insurance. I'm not sure any of our guys in Flowers, Routt, or Carr can play inside. Primarily because none of them have experience doing it extensively. It is an entirely different, unique position. Angles and techniques emphasized playing inside is totally different. The player also has to have fantastic lateral quickness.

Flowers is the only guy that might be able to play inside out of the 3 IMO. I wouldn't mind if we had started originally playing him inside on 3rd down like Ladarius Webb or Antoine Winfield or when teams move their #1's inside (Detroit does this with Calvin quite a bit). Now, this isn't something to experiment throughout the season typically, but since this season is lost, I would give it a shot.

Sorter 11-05-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9086442)
Javier is a LIABILITY in pass coverage, no matter where he lines up.

He's a decent special teamer...who we used a 2nd rd pick on...the we got in exchange for Tony G.

Buddha wept.

Yup. Except for the game against NE last year.

rabblerouser 11-05-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 9086437)
Ok do you really believe that this present Chiefs team is less talented than that 2010 team who finished 10-6??

Nope. The last place schedule and great conditioning combined with an amazing job by a (now largely departed) coaching staff was the reason.

There was a lack of depth on that team, too (remember what happened when Lewis was hurt and McGraw started at safety??)

The coaching staff in 2010 was just better at playing to the team's strengths and being WAY more imaginative in terms of manufacturing points.

This team now still has some real good top-end talent, with no roster depth, no coaching direction or a decent front-office.

rabblerouser 11-05-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9086447)
Yup. Except for the game against NE last year.

Yeah, I forgot about that.

It must've been an aberration.

Sorter 11-05-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9086458)
Yeah, I forgot about that.

It must've been an aberration.

Clearly. Welker was either tired or Javier turned into Revis. LMAO

Pasta Little Brioni 11-05-2012 01:01 PM

I tried to sugar coat them letting Carr go, but it was obviously dumb as hell. Team's YPA allowed has skyrocketed this year. Obviously the turnovers are directly leading to the blowouts and 1-7, but everything is just stacking up to be the perfect shit storm.

rabblerouser 11-05-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9086445)
Disagree with nickel, but definitely as insurance. I'm not sure any of our guys in Flowers, Routt, or Carr can play inside. Primarily because none of them have experience doing it extensively. It is an entirely different, unique position. Angles and techniques emphasized playing inside is totally different. The player also has to have fantastic lateral quickness.

Flowers is the only guy that might be able to play inside out of the 3 IMO. I wouldn't mind if we had started originally playing him inside on 3rd down like Ladarius Webb or Antoine Winfield or when teams move their #1's inside (Detroit does this with Calvin quite a bit). Now, this isn't something to experiment throughout the season typically, but since this season is lost, I would give it a shot.

Lots of teams move their #1's guys inside; I'd totally start moving Flowers inside, or even putting Routt manned up on the team's #2 exclusively while experimenting with rolling double coverages and zones to combat the #1 guy.

I honestly think RAC is too overwhelmed by being the HC on this sinking rat trap to be an effective DC; he's now just going through the motions as a DC, calling what may have worked last year.

Don't get me started on Daboll and this offense...

Pasta Little Brioni 11-05-2012 01:02 PM

Oh, and Slowmo should be negged to all hell for posting this crap.

rabblerouser 11-05-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9086468)
Clearly. Welker was either tired or Javier turned into Revis. LMAO

Then, midnight struck, his chariot turned back into a pumpkin, and he went back to being Javier Arenas.

Sorter 11-05-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9086491)
Oh, and Slowmo should be negged to all hell for posting this crap.

Incoming, captain!

Sorter 11-05-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9086495)
Then, midnight struck, his chariot turned back into a pumpkin, and he went back to being Javier Arenas.

LMAO