ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Science For your enjoyment... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274235)

Dave Lane 07-01-2013 10:56 PM

For your enjoyment...

Sorry no poop or ninja's in here. Just science, the kind of science that can show you what a galaxy looks like. You have seen the pictures of galaxies from Hubble.

Now here's a shot Hubble can't get, a Galaxy from the inside. A interesting view of our Milky Way galaxy from the inside, from our neighborhood, in wide field views.

Our galaxy is #1!

'Milkyway **** ya!!!!

PS This is REQUIRED viewing at 1080p. Please and thank you.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NuKPaKx0xO8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

notorious 07-01-2013 10:57 PM

Great.

CP is morbid right now. Thanks for bringing something good to the table.

Dave Lane 07-01-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9787552)
Great.

CP is morbid right now. Thanks for bringing something good to the table.

Yeah kinda felt like we needed something other than half the threads on the front page :)

Sorter 07-01-2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9787566)
Yeah kinda felt like we needed something other than half the threads on the front page :)

I find thus offensive and my feelings are now hurt.

notorious 07-01-2013 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9787566)

I can watch/read info about the universe 24/7. I have always loved it.

One thing that I do not like is that shows are using way to much CGI now and you have to be careful on what images are real/fake in books anymore.

Give me a true-color image any day over fake garbage.

Dave Lane 07-01-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9787578)
I can watch/read info about the universe 24/7. I have always loved it.

One thing that I do not like is that shows are using way to much CGI now and you have to be careful on what images are real/fake in books anymore.

Give me a true-color image any day over fake garbage.

I'm totally with you on that. Sometimes we dont have a good picture of something because of distance so to take some artistic license then is totally fine with me.

notorious 07-01-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9787589)
I'm totally with you on that. Sometimes we dont have a good picture of something because of distance so to take some artistic license then is totally fine with me.

I guess I am upset that I purchased a book that I thought had amazing images in it only to read the fine print and discover that it is loaded with false color images.

Using that type of imagery to show details of Venus or Titan is fine, but this book took it too far.

Dave Lane 07-01-2013 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9787610)
I guess I am upset that I purchased a book that I thought had amazing images in it only to read the fine print and discover that it is loaded with false color images.

Using that type of imagery to show details of Venus or Titan is fine, but this book took it too far.

That sucks. most Hubble images are false color images. They are what is know as HSP (Hubble Space Palette) and are usually narrow band emissions. There is isn't anything wrong with them per se but they aren't "visible" light images.