ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Lounge (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life *.* NEW- 2014 General Fitness Thread *.* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285665)

Hammock Parties 04-14-2015 06:46 PM

OK, so serious question here:

My right achilles tendon is acting up every time I try to sprint on it recently. Do I just need to rest it for a week or something, or do I need to see a doctor?

I gave it about 3 days rest last week, and was able to go on a jog, but the next day it was ****ing killing me again. Ibuprofen helps, but I would really like to be able to sprint every other day, and right now it's not letting me.

Maybe I need new shoes.

Brock 04-14-2015 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams (Post 11436844)
Read a thing yesterday that said bench presses and traditional machine fly's are useless.

Recommended push-ups and cross-overs.

Thoughts?

LOL. Push ups are great. You can do them anywhere and if you do the Hindu variant, they're great for posterior chain flexibility. But if gaining strength is the goal? No ****ing way it's better than BP.

ThaVirus 04-14-2015 07:02 PM

I'd like to think I've built up quite a nice chest mostly on bench press, incline bench and machine fly.

el borracho 04-14-2015 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams (Post 11436844)
Read a thing yesterday that said bench presses and traditional machine fly's are useless.

Recommended push-ups and cross-overs.

Thoughts?

Useless with regard to what goal? Definitely not useless for strength. Not useless for building size in the chest, either, although there may be more effective exercises for this. Dips come to mind.

Silock 04-14-2015 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 11437011)
Leg drive or strict with locked knees?

Strict. I ended my strength cycle last month doing 155x5x3. I could do singles @ 185 pretty consistently.

Silock 04-14-2015 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numbah One (Post 11437016)
OK, so serious question here:

My right achilles tendon is acting up every time I try to sprint on it recently. Do I just need to rest it for a week or something, or do I need to see a doctor?

I gave it about 3 days rest last week, and was able to go on a jog, but the next day it was ****ing killing me again. Ibuprofen helps, but I would really like to be able to sprint every other day, and right now it's not letting me.

Maybe I need new shoes.

What's your stretching routine like?

Silock 04-14-2015 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams (Post 11436844)
Read a thing yesterday that said bench presses and traditional machine fly's are useless.

Recommended push-ups and cross-overs.

Thoughts?

Useless for what?

DaneMcCloud 04-14-2015 11:33 PM

I've decided to eat 831 pounds of cod this year in order to get in shape

:D

Silock 04-14-2015 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11437498)
I've decided to eat 831 pounds of cod this year in order to get in shape

:D

I've read that's super effective.

DaneMcCloud 04-14-2015 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 11437501)
I've read that's super effective.

LMAO

Hammock Parties 04-14-2015 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 11437493)
What's your stretching routine like?

Admittedly, fairly shitty. It's never been an issue before though.

Silock 04-14-2015 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numbah One (Post 11437505)
Admittedly, fairly shitty. It's never been an issue before though.

Age, bro.

Hammock Parties 04-14-2015 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 11437508)
Age, bro.

:crybaby:

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-15-2015 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 11437007)
That's ****ing retarded. That's simply looking for readers with bullshit like that.

Alright. So here's the deal: I have a shitty right rotator and can not bring the bar all the way down to my chest, and can only go 1/2. Am I reaping any benefit from benching, or should I just do the push up variations where I CAN come all the way down?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11437498)
I've decided to eat 831 pounds of cod this year in order to get in shape

:D

You should consult your physician before beginning any exercise program.

NewChief 04-15-2015 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams (Post 11436844)
Read a thing yesterday that said bench presses and traditional machine fly's are useless.

Recommended push-ups and cross-overs.

Thoughts?

The "new" trend in fitness is all the body weight, convict conditioning bullshit. There's nothing wrong with it, but expect to see a TON of broscience coming out about how "real" strength is built with body weight training.

And I'll admit that there is a ton of impressive stuff people are doing out there (planches, hand stand pushups, etc.. etc..) that is really attractive, but it doesn't time tested and true exercises.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.