ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Teicher's Garbage Part Deux: Star's Top 10 QB's (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269429)

Imon Yourside 01-29-2013 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkey (Post 9360980)
I seriously don't get the cock slobbering over Geno...he's not a number one pick..period. No. QB of the draft? Maybe but I'll reserve that opinion until after the combine. Reid and Dorsey have already stated quite clearly their drafting philosophy so unless Geno blows everyone away at the combine he's not going be the #1 pick if the draft.

I was reading up until this....

Deberg_1990 01-29-2013 07:55 AM

Quote:

I seriously don't get the cock slobbering over Geno...he's not a number one pick..period. No. QB of the draft? Maybe but I'll reserve that opinion until after the combine. Reid and Dorsey have already stated quite clearly their drafting philosophy so unless Geno blows everyone away at the combine he's not going be the #1 pick if the draft.

He might not even be at the combine.

Imon Yourside 01-29-2013 07:57 AM

I don't get all the cock slobbing over a LT when we already have one. #1 pick overrall for a LT? seriously? how ****ing stupid is it?

Rasputin 01-29-2013 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9360830)
Buts it is totally okay to draft the next Tim Couch, Matt Leinart, Colt McCoy, Brandon Weeden, Blaine Gabbert, Brady Quinn, etc.?

Its okay to bust on a 1st round QB, but its not okay to pass on a QB you aren't sure about?

That sounds backasswwards.

Cincy did just fine in 2011.

30 years of passing on first round tallent at QB. We have the luxury sitting #1 pick in the draft to pick the best prospect out of the class. Grow a set of balls and take that pick for the QBotf. Risk < reward if we hit gold. With the rookie scale makes it less of a risk anyways. Try again in a few years if it doesn't work out at least we put forth the effort, better than any retread **** we have had over the years.

munkey 01-29-2013 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9360828)
Whoa Whoa Whoa, just because Geno might be the #1 QB does not mean he is the #1 option on the big board for the Chiefs. While the QB is the most important position on the team, that doesn't mean the 21 other positions are useless. You don't see phenomenal QBs winning Super Bowls without decent teams around them. You do, however, see Decent QBs win super bowls with Phenomenal teams around them.

The closest we ever got to being a perennial playoff team and repeating our early success of our super bowl era, was under Marty Ball. We didn't have our own QB then, but we did have one hell of a team built, even when our QB wasn't named Montana. And some of you probably couldn't name off 3 QBs under Marty not named Montana, without having to go and google search it.

Also, you're forgetting that the McNabb draft was similar to this draft, there was shit for QB's coming out in that draft and Andy didn't have the #1 selection back then. For all we knew, Tim Couch was his #1 guy lol. My oh my how things would have been different for him.

The point here is, if Andy Reid thinks his guy has a 95% chance of being there in the 2nd, he's not going to draft him #1. He'l draft someone or trade out of the spot, and then trade back in or sit on the pick in the 2nd round.

He has so many options and all you guys can seem to grasp is that he has to take a QB #1 if he thinks that QB won't be there in the second.

I want to use a really good example of smart drafting.

Cincy in the 2011 draft. In a draft full of QB's where only one of them had separated himself as the #1 draft pick (like Geno), Cincy waited for their QB to fall into the second round, and took AJ Green as their first round pick at #4, arguably one of the most complete and physically gifted receivers in the game, rivaling Megatron with those honors. And with their second round pick, #35 overall, the Bengals picked up Andy Dalton. Pretty good ****ing QB if you ask me. Unlike Locker, Gabbert, and Ponder, who were all taken after Newton and before Dalton.

They were also the only team to have two pro bowlers from the 1st and 2nd round, might even be the only team to have two pro bowlers from that entire draft.

The point is, we have more needs than just QB, and if Andy Reid thinks we can get our guy in the second, I'm behind it, and against this idiotic push for a #1 overall QB "just because", especially in a year where the QBs suck compared to most years. This draft class has nothing but career backups and maybe 3 guys with potential to really be a true starter in the NFL, and not a Gabbert type starter lol.

This

Imon Yourside 01-29-2013 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkey (Post 9360990)
This

Well except for that 6 pro bowler thingie... carry on.

htismaqe 01-29-2013 08:11 AM

Quote:

If Geno isn't worth the #1 pick, who is?

Name them.

AussieChiefsFan 01-29-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9361008)
If Geno isn't worth the #1 pick, who is?

Name them.

^

Deberg_1990 01-29-2013 08:13 AM

Exoter175 sounds like the perfect true fan.

"We cant draft a QB, its too risky!"

"It might set this franchise back years!"

htismaqe 01-29-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Cincy in the 2011 draft. In a draft full of QB's where only one of them had separated himself as the #1 draft pick (like Geno), Cincy waited for their QB to fall into the second round, and took AJ Green as their first round pick at #4, arguably one of the most complete and physically gifted receivers in the game, rivaling Megatron with those honors. And with their second round pick, #35 overall, the Bengals picked up Andy Dalton. Pretty good ****ing QB if you ask me. Unlike Locker, Gabbert, and Ponder, who were all taken after Newton and before Dalton.

They were also the only team to have two pro bowlers from the 1st and 2nd round, might even be the only team to have two pro bowlers from that entire draft.

I'm am so ****ING SICK of hearing about Andy Dalton.

Andy Dalton SUCKS. He's a high-end game manager. They will NEVER win a Super Bowl with Andy Dalton at QB.

O.city 01-29-2013 08:20 AM

Name the last decent QB with a great team around him to win a SB?

notorious 01-29-2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9361027)
Name the last decent QB with a great team around him to win a SB?

Baltimore!

Tampa Bay!!!

/truefan

RealSNR 01-29-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

The point is, we have more needs than just QB, and if Andy Reid thinks we can get our guy in the second, I'm behind it, and against this idiotic push for a #1 overall QB "just because", especially in a year where the QBs suck compared to most years. This draft class has nothing but career backups and maybe 3 guys with potential to really be a true starter in the NFL, and not a Gabbert type starter lol.

Where's AJ Green in this draft? He's around as an OT, which is worthless to us. This draft's passrushers suck. Do you want us to take a ****ing CB at #1 overall?

That strategy only works when there's an elite non-QB at the very top of the draft. There isn't one of those players there this year, and the hole at QB is far too large to risk waiting until the 2nd round.

Also, **** Andy Dalton.

RunKC 01-29-2013 10:03 AM

I too must admit I have a bad feeling in my stomach that we are not going to take a QB at 1.

I pray to God I'm wrong.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-29-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

shut your dirty whore mouth.
Posted via Mobile Device