ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV best TV death scene (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270086)

Baby Lee 02-17-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle (Post 9410391)
Boy I had forgotten this episode. I remember every female that worked at my hospital ocame to work that next day red eyed from crying through the night.

What a great episode that was.

Was it a worse morning than the one after Grey's Anatomy aired 'Into You Like a Train?'

Probably the two best episodes of medical drama I've ever seen aired.

WilliamTheIrish 02-17-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9410414)
Was it a worse morning than the one after Grey's Anatomy aired 'Into You Like a Train?'

Probably the two best episodes of medical drama I've ever seen aired.

I haven't watched many episodes of Grey's Anatomy. The few episodes I've watched have been pretty much ridiculous. Perhaps it's because I've kind of soured on the entire genre of medical shows.

I recall St Elsewhere as one of my favs.

Demonpenz 02-17-2013 12:30 PM

Surprised there is no Six Feet Under references up in here.

Baby Lee 02-17-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle (Post 9410439)
I haven't watched many episodes of Grey's Anatomy. The few episodes I've watched have been pretty much ridiculous. Perhaps it's because I've kind of soured on the entire genre of medical shows.

I recall St Elsewhere as one of my favs.

In that one, there was a subway [or BART or whatever Seattle has] accident, and a steel pole rams through both a young white girl and middle aged black man, conjoining them through their chests. its obvious both can't survive. Pretty intense.

I'd submit that for all the Sopranos and The Shield did, ER was the genesis of the golden age of TV. And the first 2 seasons of Grey's Anatomy is epic TV, no matter how melodramatic it got subsequently. EPIC TV. I probably cried every 3 episodes at least. And I'm talking wailing and curling up on my bed. If you can suppress your souring on the genre, I'd recommend go back there.

Michael Chrichton and John Wells, the writing alone.

Then Shonda Rimes.

Titans IMO, up there with Milch and WAAAAAY the **** ahead of Sorkin.

Sully 02-17-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRock (Post 9406976)
Matthew Perry on Growing Pains

Good God...
I thought I was the only person on earth who remembered that.

Baby Lee 02-17-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 9410471)
Good God...
I thought I was the only person on earth who remembered that.

I did did recall that one, but if I was going with the titans of the industry, I'd pick this one over the other ones I did first

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/k1dV1lhmouA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A comedy where a lead actor's best friend was the Greek chorus for the whole episode, only to find out he;d been dead the whole time and the lead character was in denial the whole time. Great angle.

Silly and funny throughout than a gut punch at the end. Wow

"Where do think we are?" - ****ing WOW, that's a moment that simultaneously makes you want to curl in a corner and want it all to end and go out and express your love to everyone important in your life.

Baby Lee 02-17-2013 01:12 PM

That brings up other questions, do you seek catharsis in fictional death? And do you desire to activate an urge to seek out the important connections in your lives from them?

Or do you just want awesome gore?

WilliamTheIrish 02-17-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9410455)
In that one, there was a subway [or BART or whatever Seattle has] accident, and a steel pole rams through both a young white girl and middle aged black man, conjoining them through their chests. its obvious both can't survive. Pretty intense.

I'd submit that for all the Sopranos and The Shield did, ER was the genesis of the golden age of TV. And the first 2 seasons of Grey's Anatomy is epic TV, no matter how melodramatic it got subsequently. EPIC TV. I probably cried every 3 episodes at least. And I'm talking wailing and curling up on my bed. If you can suppress your souring on the genre, I'd recommend go back there.

Michael Chrichton and John Wells, the writing alone.

Then Shonda Rimes.

Titans IMO, up there with Milch and WAAAAAY the **** ahead of Sorkin.

That episode sounds fairly reminicent to the very early Homicide: Life On The Street episode (those were so good with Yaphett Koto) where a man is impaled on a subway. Probably the best show of the lot.

I had forgotten Crichton was one of the original writers. You have convinced me to give it a second shot.

Lumpy 02-17-2013 06:16 PM

The Walking Dead - The scene where Rick takes a machete and plants it into the prisoner's cranium.

Gruesome awesomeness!

(Don't click if you have a weak stomach)

PhillyChiefFan 02-17-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 9411085)
The Walking Dead - The scene where Rick takes a machete and plants it into the prisoner's cranium.

Gruesome awesomeness!

(Don't click if you have a weak stomach)

That was an awesome scene, cause everyone wanted Rick to do it

Baby Lee 02-17-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle (Post 9410740)
That episode sounds fairly reminicent to the very early Homicide: Life On The Street episode (those were so good with Yaphett Koto) where a man is impaled on a subway. Probably the best show of the lot.

I had forgotten Crichton was one of the original writers. You have convinced me to give it a second shot.

The guy trapped was Vincent D'Onofrio before L&O CI. Making his transfer from movie icon in FMJ to TV icon in L&OCI.

Valiant 02-17-2013 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9408976)
Edard Stark sets the standard for me. I hadn't read the books and didn't expect it.

Probably next up is Varos deathly Spartacus blood and sand. It was riveting.

Yeah, Varro's death had me cussing at work the next day in a bad mood.. That episode was great..

Dallas Chief 02-18-2013 01:54 PM

Four HBO deaths were striking to me, maybe not the best, but three that shocked me in the manner and timing of the show.

Christopher Moltisanti, Phil Leatardo, and Richie Aprile on the Sopranos.

and

Jimmy Darmody on Boardwalk Empire. Was not ready for that one and was unsure what it would do to the show. Not sorry if this spoils the show for some of you, it's been 18 months already!

keg in kc 03-07-2013 03:43 PM

Two that I've watched in the last couple of days:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qLshPiR0jyM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

(Couldn't find the whole scene for wes, with Illyria asking if it's time to lie to him, but it was a great full circle kind of scene - it ends when the crappy music comes in, obviously)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MPD7CN1xTfU?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lcarus 03-07-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9406959)
Gus - Breaking Bad

The guy Gus killed with a certain box knife was pretty cool too lol.