ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Flu/Cold relief (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269394)

MeatRock 01-27-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9356905)
Flu is a virus. Tamiflu only works very early on. Everything else is just palliative

Like Aids? Is that what i have? MOTHER OF GOD!! :hump::crybaby: :D

EagleRob 01-27-2013 08:56 PM

Might sound crazy but all I do when sick is stop eating and drink only water until the symptoms pass (water fast). I crash in bed all day and sleep, maybe crack a window and let some fresh air and sun in. I haven't taken an OTC med in almost three years. I only take a antibiotic when absolutely necessary. Had a A strain flu earlier this winter and it passed in 72 hours.

Carlota69 01-27-2013 09:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ginger tea. It helps push out infection and boost immune system. Ginger anything really. Ginger ale/beer will help with stomach as well. Lots of honey and lemon in your tea as well. Mucinex is also good. Theraflu. Also, a nurse friend if mine lives by the concoction in the pic. Maybe your wife should drink it as well. It's super tart. I added more honey in my batch

Floridafan 01-27-2013 09:38 PM

Get some zinc lozenges and suck on them. Zinc clips the polypeptide linkage that holds a flu virus together making it easier for the body to produce antibodies. Only the body can make the correct antibodies to rid the body of the flu. The above recommendations for the hot lemon with a splash of honey will open up your breathing and make it more tolerable if that's possible with the flu. Best of luck to you.

Carlota69 01-27-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Floridafan (Post 9357183)
Get some zinc lozenges and suck on them. Zinc clips the polypeptide linkage that holds a flu virus together making it easier for the body to produce antibodies. Only the body can make the correct antibodies to rid the body of the flu. The above recommendations for the hot lemon with a splash of honey will open up your breathing and make it more tolerable if that's possible with the flu. Best of luck to you.

Yes zinc. Lots of zinc. Airborne too.

MeatRock 01-27-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9357146)
Ginger tea. It helps push out infection and boost immune system. Ginger anything really. Ginger ale/beer will help with stomach as well. Lots of honey and lemon in your tea as well. Mucinex is also good. Theraflu. Also, a nurse friend if mine lives by the concoction in the pic. Maybe your wife should drink it as well. It's super tart. I added more honey in my batch

Will try this. Thanks

nstygma 01-28-2013 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9357199)
Yes zinc. Lots of zinc. Airborne too.

oh yeah forgot about that. i drink 2 airbornes in the morning and 2 at night when symptoms start, plus Zicam

ThaVirus 01-28-2013 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleRob (Post 9357027)
Might sound crazy but all I do when sick is stop eating and drink only water until the symptoms pass (water fast). I crash in bed all day and sleep, maybe crack a window and let some fresh air and sun in. I haven't taken an OTC med in almost three years. I only take a antibiotic when absolutely necessary. Had a A strain flu earlier this winter and it passed in 72 hours.

I'm gonna be honest, that sounds like a terrible plan.

EagleRob 01-28-2013 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9357650)

It's based on a practice called natural hygiene. No joke, I feel like crap when I'm sick but I go on the theory that my immune system can take care of the job and I just get out of its way. Symptoms are the evidence and output signaling that the immune system is winning so I don't take anything to block them. As for food, I don't force my body to exert any energy digesting and processing food so it can use that energy to heal. Certain antibiotics are there if I am losing the fight but I'm allergic or react negatively to most of them anyway so I found an alternative path.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-28-2013 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9357650)

Works for me. Threw up EVERYTHING in my system late Sat. night-Sun. morning. Dry heaved for HOURS. Went through spells of sweating my ass off and chills. Slept and drank only a little water and gatorade, a third of a very small can of soup the entire day yesterday. feel pretty solid this morning.

Dayze 01-28-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9356805)
do a line of comet

LMAO

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 01-28-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Floridafan (Post 9357183)

**** Zinc. Shit makes me feel like I have vertigo