ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Brad Pitt & World War Z (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254622)

ThatRaceCardGuy 06-25-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 9774481)
saw it last night.
I liked it. very much. it's very surprising the LACK of gore and blood. a good story doesn't NEED it...but imo could be enhanced with a little EWWWWW. the things they show on Walking Dead.....good GRIEF!!!! nothing like that in this movie. good flick.....good story.
I'm the king of knowing who some dude is in a bit part....and I TOTALLY missed that Matthew Fox was in this albeit however briefly! :facepalm:

I did have to crack up when...

Spoiler!

Yah that was pretty funny. It was an entertaining movie but not great. Even for a apocalyptic zombie movie some things seemed too far fetched.

frankotank 06-25-2013 01:15 PM

OK!
nice!
hey everybody....old yeller gets killed at the end!

and now you don't need to go see the movie.

Fire Me Boy! 06-25-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 9774620)
OK!
nice!
hey everybody....old yeller gets killed at the end!

and now you don't need to go see the movie.

Huh?

Tribal Warfare 06-25-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thatguy (Post 9774539)
Brad Pitt dodging explosion , surviving airline crashes, and miraculously finding a WHO building after hiking for days while impelled with a shiv..oh did I mention he out ran zombies just three days after being impelled? ..movie was okay

This

Fairplay 06-25-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9774810)
Huh?

I interpreted that as he was giving away things in the movie instead of adding [SPOILER] tags like he should've.

Fire Me Boy! 06-25-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 9774942)
I interpreted that as he was giving away things in the movie instead of adding [SPOILER] tags like he should've.

That's kinda what I thought, but if he's concerned about spoilers, why is he in this thread after it was released?

DanBecky 06-25-2013 06:28 PM

Bought the book yesterday. Almost done with. GREAT read. Enjoyed every bit of it so far.

notorious 06-25-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanBecky (Post 9775190)
Bought the book yesterday. Almost done with. GREAT read. Enjoyed every bit of it so far.

There are some books out there that will knock your socks off.

Apocalypse Z is excellent, Day by Day Armageddon is OK (everything that happens is too convenient), Omega Days was fantastic.

I am in the middle of the sequel to Day By Day, and it is the same as the first. Decent, but things that happen are way too convenient.

frankotank 06-26-2013 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9775185)
That's kinda what I thought, but if he's concerned about spoilers, why is he in this thread after it was released?

hey I've already seen it.
most people don't give away a movie without using spoiler tags. that's the typical mo around here.
no big deal.
funny though, I'm surprised YOU didn't beat me to the implied complaint! :thumb:

guess it'd be fine if I go ahead and tell everyone how the movie ends.....

well, you see, ole Brad had the idea after seeing the zombies run right by some.....
ah nevermind.

jiveturkey 06-26-2013 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9775377)
There are some books out there that will knock your socks off.

Apocalypse Z is excellent, Day by Day Armageddon is OK (everything that happens is too convenient), Omega Days was fantastic.

I am in the middle of the sequel to Day By Day, and it is the same as the first. Decent, but things that happen are way too convenient.

I recently read Apoc Z and loved it. It looks like he's working on a sequel.

I'll have to check out Omega Days.

Fire Me Boy! 06-26-2013 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 9776222)
hey I've already seen it.
most people don't give away a movie without using spoiler tags. that's the typical mo around here.
no big deal.
funny though, I'm surprised YOU didn't beat me to the implied complaint! :thumb:

guess it'd be fine if I go ahead and tell everyone how the movie ends.....

well, you see, ole Brad had the idea after seeing the zombies run right by some.....
ah nevermind.

Hmm. I guess I've expected the Game of Thrones, Walking Dead thread rules. Once it's aired, it's fair game.

:shrug:

So if I don't want spoilers, I don't go in the thread until I've caught up. I still haven't seen this movie, but don't really care about it.

frankotank 06-26-2013 08:28 AM

well...it's surprisingly good imo.

especially the part where Pitts wife gets totally zombie raped.
AWESOME!

notorious 06-26-2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 9776245)
I recently read Apoc Z and loved it. It looks like he's working on a sequel.

I'll have to check out Omega Days.

It's quite a bit different than the other books. I like how he is fairly normal, and the situations are a lot more realistic (other than the zombies :))

Hammock Parties 07-04-2013 03:47 PM

Loved it.

Could have used a bit more of an ending though. Felt like the budget ran dry.

Movie made me CRAVE a World War Z RPG.

Bowser 07-04-2013 04:44 PM

As a movie of itself, it was fine. But there wasn't an ounce of the book in this movie.