ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs to Work Out Geno Smith in KC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271509)

splatbass 03-31-2013 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9543107)
So who doesnt want the Chiefs to select Geno?

I don't see many that don't want it, I just see people saying it isn't likely that we will. I'm one of those. I would like it if they did, but I would also be surprised.

keg in kc 03-31-2013 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9543146)
I could see the Eagles making the trade for him possibly.

There is still that, yes. There have been rumors that a deal's already on the table, but, speaking just for me, I think it's way too early for that.

I still don't think there's any real chance that we take him, although we'll see what kind of news comes out (if any) about the workout.

I'd feel better about it if there was any indication that we're keeping Albert long term.

Ming the Merciless 03-31-2013 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9543153)
I don't see many that don't want it, I just see people saying it isn't likely that we will. I'm one of those. I would like it if they did, but I would also be surprised.

How many queensryche cd's do you own?

DTLB58 03-31-2013 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9543146)
I could see the Eagles making the trade for him possibly.

That's about the only scenario I see left also, unless the Jags really buy into the fact we are taking him. I lost track, have they said they are going with Gabbert or not?

Ming the Merciless 03-31-2013 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 9543157)
That's about the only scenario I see left also, unless the Jags really buy into the fact we are taking him. I lost track, have they said they are going with Gabbert or not?

I read that they were. , yep.

splatbass 03-31-2013 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9543156)
How many queensryche cd's do you own?

None. Why?

Chiefs Pantalones 03-31-2013 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 9543157)

Can't believe anything any team says at this point. Draft day is almost here.

DTLB58 03-31-2013 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9543151)
Competition is a good thing.

Depends. Some people react good to it. Some don't. Yes, Alex statistically was on fire last season with Kaepernick behind him but I'm not sure he thought he was ever pressed for the starting job and two, to put him right back in that Same situation again this season, it might break him. Ya never know. Personally, I don't think Reid is going to do that to him.

DTLB58 03-31-2013 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9543164)
Can't believe anything any team says at this point. Draft day is almost here.

And to think, Redskins and Rams had announced their trade by this time last year already I believe. Man, that was early for draft standards.

Lets get something going. :thumb:

penbrook 03-31-2013 01:17 AM

The Eagles have Vick/Foles/Dixon.

I doubt they draft Geno. I heard they really like Joeckel and Jordan.

Chiefs Pantalones 03-31-2013 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 9543166)
Depends. Some people react good to it. Some don't. Yes, Alex statistically was on fire last season with Kaepernick behind him but I'm not sure he thought he was ever pressed for the starting job and two, to put him right back in that Same situation again this season, it might break him. Ya never know. Personally, I don't think Reid is going to do that to him.

I think, actually I hope, that Reid knows that Harbaugh had to mind-hump Alex into submission to get him to even play up to game manager level. No way should we go into the season with him and Chase Daniel as the only QBs. Pushing Alex IMO is best.

keg in kc 03-31-2013 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9543151)
Competition is a good thing.

Yeah, it is. It's also a rarity in the NFL.

I don't think it's going to happen because I just don't believe they're going to spend 1:1, 2:2 and next year's whatever on two starting quarterbacks.

People try to equate this to giving up picks for Griffin and then drafting Cousins. But it's not. Cousins was a project most people though would be a stanzi-style career backup (and he still may be that). What we're talking about the Chiefs doing would be to spend at least 3 high round picks on two different starters at a position where only one player can actually be on the field. That would be pretty unprecedented. And one of them is going to be a backup for at least two years. That's an awful lot in draft value to spend on a backup, whichever Smith it is, without even considering the $$$ given to Chase Daniel (which I don't think is really an issue in any case).

I think it would be fine if they did it. I would probably think the picks for Alex Smith were an utter waste, but then again I'm going to think that whether Geno is here or not. I'd love having a young starter and a veteran backup though, or a veteran mentoring a young future starter. I just don't think it's going to happen. Too unconventional a move, especially for a franchise as traditionally conservative as this one.

I guess I'll believe we have the stones to draft a QB the day they do it.

Chiefs Pantalones 03-31-2013 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9543176)
Yeah, it is. It's also a rarity in the NFL.

I don't think it's going to happen because I just don't believe they're going to spend 1:1, 2:2 and next year's whatever on two starting quarterbacks.

People try to equate this to giving up picks for Griffin and then drafting Cousins. But it's not. Cousins was a project most people though would be a stanzi-style career backup (and he still may be that). What we're talking about the Chiefs doing would be to spend at least 3 high round picks on two different starters at a position where only one player can actually be on the field. That would be pretty unprecedented. And one of them is going to be a backup for at least two years. That's an awful lot in draft value to spend on a backup, whichever Smith it is, without even considering the $$$ given to Chase Daniel (which I don't think is really an issue in any case).

I think it would be fine if they did it. I would probably think the picks for Alex Smith were an utter waste, but then again I'm going to think that whether Geno is here or not. I'd love having a young starter and a veteran backup though, or a veteran mentoring a young future starter. I just don't think it's going to happen. Too unconventional a move, especially for a franchise as traditionally conservative as this one.

I guess I'll believe we have the stones to draft a QB the day they do it.

I just hope Reid was letting us onto something by saying he's rebuilding the QB position. Hopeful I know lol.

penbrook 03-31-2013 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9543181)
I just hope Reid was letting us onto something by saying he's rebuilding the QB position. Hopeful I know lol.

He also said he hopes to get Smith into the hall of fame at Alexs press conference. Could it be that the Smith he was talking about was Geno.

This could of been solved two weeks ago.

RealSNR 03-31-2013 01:29 AM

Would somebody fill me in on what TBG's source said so I don't have to look back many pages to find it?