ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Joe flacco (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269127)

GoChargers 01-21-2013 08:12 PM

Flacco's elite, not sure how anyone can dispute that at this point.

keg in kc 01-21-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 9340153)
Flacco's elite, not sure how anyone can dispute that at this point.

Two months ago people were talking about how they wouldn't take him if he was available next offseason. I wasn't one of them, but it's amazing how the tide has turned.

Sorter 01-21-2013 08:15 PM

We're beginning to see the transition from the old guard (Brady, Manning, Brees, Rivers, etc) to the new guard (Flacco, Kaep, Ryan, Wilson, etc).

O.city 01-21-2013 08:15 PM

Career path seems alot like Eli's. Yeah, I'd def. take him.

O.city 01-21-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9340156)
We're beginning to see the transition from the old guard (Brady, Manning, Brees, Rivers, etc) to the new guard (Flacco, Kaep, Ryan, Wilson, etc).

Geno?

Sorter 01-21-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9340158)
Geno?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_majujf6FwN1ro2d43.gif

crossbow 01-21-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 9339173)
I don't know why so many people dislike the guy. Is he one of the greatest playing today or ever? No on both counts, but he's really good. The Ravens have a very nice team and Flacco is coming into his own, so yeah - he's going to get paid and he's earned it.

That is easy to figure out. We hate all of the other team's quarterbacks because we are jealous. We pine for our own QB and they won't give us one. Well, it could also be jealousy bordering on rage.

Chiefshrink 01-21-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 9339173)
I don't know why so many people dislike the guy. Is he one of the greatest playing today or ever? No on both counts, but he's really good. The Ravens have a very nice team and Flacco is coming into his own, so yeah - he's going to get paid and he's earned it.

5 years in the league and 5 trips to the playoffs.
54-26 as a starter in the regular season.
8-4 playoff record. Lost the AFCW Title game in 2011, won it in 2012.

The guy has played really well and has some things to accomplish before he approaches Eli and Ben status, but he is far from horrible.

Totally get your point but let's face it Von Miller and Broncs D line were no where to be found last week and this weekend was the same from the Pats. Hell you give a big arm like that a ton of time he will eat you alive. That will change in the SB and dollars to donuts Flacco goes back to sh**ting his pants just like he always does when there is a decent pass rush on him. I will change my mind about Flacco IF handles the pass rush and wins.

Until then he is still a 5 o'oclock hitter in my mind. Had the Ravens lost their wildcard game Flacco would be getting axed. Flacco had to redeem himself since he was the one who actually got Cam fired because he was walking a very thin line all season(fans & FO) in Baltimore up to that point with subpar performance whether people realized it or not. So far it has benefited Flacco having no pass rush on him BUT we will see IF he can handle SF.

The Bad Guy 01-21-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9340158)
Geno?

No, not Geno.

Not in January of 2013. For christ sake let him play a down before you want to lump him into any group - especially those who are becoming NFL stud QBs.

O.city 01-21-2013 09:17 PM

I wasn't being serious there.

TheGuardian 01-21-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9340154)
Two months ago people were talking about how they wouldn't take him if he was available next offseason. I wasn't one of them, but it's amazing how the tide has turned.

You gotta remember this board was declaring that Alex Smith was a franchise QB last year because of a few good plays against a shitty Saints defense.

Flacco isn't elite, but he's having a hell of a nice run in a contract year.

crispystl 01-21-2013 09:40 PM

They can keep him as far as I'm concerned.

TheGuardian 01-21-2013 09:51 PM

Matt Ryan is also not a "new guard" QB. That guy is a major choke artist.

The Bad Guy 01-21-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crispystl420 (Post 9340426)
They can keep him as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah, who wants a QB that consistently wins in the playoffs anyway?

crispystl 01-21-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9340470)
Yeah, who wants a QB that consistently wins in the playoffs anyway?

Shoot for the moon not the horizon. Do you want to pay Flacco the money to come here? Seriously? If so be my ****ing guest. He's overrated and you know it.