ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Daboll - Why did we hire this guy again? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267501)

Rausch 12-09-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barney Stinson (Post 9194901)
well yeah, no disagreement about BD. But what about JZ? What if he was or were to be promoted to OC? What's the debate about him?

What's the worst that could happen?...

crazycoffey 12-09-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9194912)
What's the worst that could happen?...

I can't see that he'd be doing any worse than BD. I'd like to be optimistic that Zorn would be doing good enough to garnish HC talk after a few years of success.

Rausch 12-09-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barney Stinson (Post 9194949)
I can't see that he'd be doing any worse than BD. I'd like to be optimistic that Zorn would be doing good enough to garnish HC talk after a few years of success.

At least he has upside.

JCharles1981 12-10-2012 12:02 AM

Because he's Crennel's bitch. Wherever Crennel goes, so does Daboll.

Chief Roundup 12-10-2012 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9194963)
At least he has upside.

Hip Hip Hooray! Hip Hip Hooray! Hip Hip Hooray!

Chief Roundup 12-10-2012 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCharles1981 (Post 9195691)
Because he's Crennel's bitch. Wherever Crennel goes, so does Daboll.

Cool he can follow RAC to the scrap heap that is retirement.

jspchief 12-10-2012 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barney Stinson (Post 9194949)

Serious question: what has Jim Zorn ever done that makes you think he'd be a good OC or eventual HC candidate?

Deberg_1990 12-10-2012 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9195992)
Serious question: what has Jim Zorn ever done that makes you think he'd be a good OC or eventual HC candidate?

I guess some give him credit for Hasselbeck when he was in Seattle under Holmgren, and Flacco for 1 year.

Chief Faithful 12-10-2012 09:49 AM

I was excited with the Daboll hiring because I thought he was an OC that would call for downfield passing, but it seems we got just the opposite. The play calling is so bad I am left stunned. What happened to the "take what the defense gives you" statement? The Chiefs are the least attacking and least imaginative offense in the NFL. We don't even know if Quinn can throw or the receivers can catch a downfield pass over the middle.

htismaqe 12-10-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Faithful (Post 9196210)
I was excited with the Daboll hiring because I thought he was an OC that would call for downfield passing, but it seems we got just the opposite. The play calling is so bad I am left stunned. What happened to the "take what the defense gives you" statement? The Chiefs are the least attacking and least imaginative offense in the NFL. We don't even know if Quinn can throw or the receivers can catch a downfield pass over the middle.

The problem with that is that you assumed Daboll would be allowed to call anything other than a conservative passing game.

The #1 reason Daboll was brought in was because he would be a yes man.

He's calling the offense he's been told to call, plain and simple.

lcarus 12-10-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9192989)
He's Pioli's boy.

One more nail in the coffin.

However, I'm shocked that this guy is getting paid, literally, hundreds of thousands of dollars, to be this horrible at his job. How ****ing bad do you have to be to get fired from this organization? How ****ing bad do you have to be to continually get rehired for a position you have already shown massive incompetence for?

I am absolutely befuddled.

I didn't know much about him before we hired him. I didn't think he could be THIS bad. Wow.

Dayze 12-10-2012 10:08 AM

to respond to the OP.

....because we're the Chiefs, and we can't do anything right.
oh, and because we're reeruned.

HemiEd 12-10-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9196229)
The problem with that is that you assumed Daboll would be allowed to call anything other than a conservative passing game.

The #1 reason Daboll was brought in was because he would be a yes man.

He's calling the offense he's been told to call, plain and simple.

Yes, it sure looks that way. It is beyond disgusting, and makes me wish for the days of Paul Hackett and Jimmy Raye.

Calling time outs to get the ball back, then running a draw play speaks of someone having serious brain damage.

crazycoffey 12-10-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9196000)
I guess some give him credit for Hasselbeck when he was in Seattle under Holmgren, and Flacco for 1 year.

that, and he had a decent west coast offense in Washington, but shouldn't have been the head coach, like Romeo should just be a DC, where he has success. Although, now Romeo is getting too old and isn't my choice for DC next year. zorn learned offense from Holmgren and hasn't really gotten to be just an OC. I wonder why he wasn't promoted up and instead we went after Brian Dumbass.

Jimmy the Greek 12-10-2012 10:37 AM

I wish I knew why he got hired but I sure can figure out why he needs to be fired