ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Rich Eisen on Chiefs' front office (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267453)

saphojunkie 12-07-2012 12:44 PM

Rich Eisen on Chiefs' front office

Did a search, and don't think this is a repost.

This morning on Dan Patrick, Rich Eisen was talking about the various coaching/GM changes coming at the end of the year.

He said that everyone knows that San Diego is going to have a complete regime change, as well as Philadelphia (let the Andy Reid to KC debate commence).

Additionally, he thought that Carolina was in line for a regime change, and "depending on how the next couple of weeks shape up, Dallas could be looking at a complete change, too." (I assume he means everyone but the actual problem, Jerry Jones.)

Then he said, "And, despite recent events, the situation of the last week, I think you're looking at a complete change in Kansas City. I'm not trying to be callous, it's just a football thing."

Dan Patrick gave a "yeah..." as in, "sucks, but...yeah."

The nice thing was that he was speaking in terms of what people around the league know/expect. This wasn't his opinion of what SHOULD happen, but what is going to happen.

I am hoping that we are all just nervous nellies, and the truth is no one keeps their jobs at 2-14. This season has been a spectacular failure in every meaning of the word and in ways no one has ever seen before. I have hope that we are looking at a total overhaul of franchise leadership.

And I, for one, do not think that Clark Hunt is the problem. I'm sure that puts me in the minority here, but I think the free agent cock-ups have been more about arrogance and bad talent evaluation than they have penny-pinching. That's just me. I think he knows what has to be done and will do it.

Besides, if you're Pioli or Crennel, at this point do you even WANT to stay?

Hammock Parties 12-07-2012 12:46 PM

You need to listen to BarrysKoolaid. He said Pioli signed a contract extension and will not be fired.

buddha 12-07-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9187821)

And I, for one, do not think that Clark Hunt is the problem. I'm sure that puts me in the minority here, but I think the free agent cock-ups have been more about arrogance and bad talent evaluation than they have penny-pinching. That's just me. I think he knows what has to be done and will do it.

Besides, if you're Pioli or Crennel, at this point do you even WANT to stay?

sophojunkie, it's not even debatable at this point that Clark Hunt is a HUGE part of the problem. Don't believe me? How many million are the Chiefs under the salary cap right now? That by itself indicates that Hunt isn't in this to win...he is in it simple to make a buck.

mcaj22 12-07-2012 12:47 PM

get paid top money to be one of the highest paid GMs in the league

do whatever you want like its a Madden video game and control a real NFL football franchise with your huge giant ego

I mean, why wouldnt Pioli want to stay. He has control of a whole cities sports franchise, he can wake up and walk into his office and on a grumpy day fire an employee under him to feel better about himself.

he can look at the roster and cut/add scrubs for sake of just being bored.

he gets paid a lot of money to pencil push and do what any guy off the street could do in four years and get the same results

why wouldnt he want to stay. he has a team by the balls and will never get a better situation, full control and power like this of an NFL franchise ever again

notorious 12-07-2012 12:48 PM

On "The Herd" they listed all of the upcoming coaching vacancies.

KC was not mentioned, but that's probably due to them not giving a **** about a shit franchise.

WV 12-07-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9187824)
You need to listen to BarrysKoolaid. He said Pioli signed a contract extension and will not be fired.

Doesn't everyone listen to Barry? LMAO

Red Beans 12-07-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

This comment needs to be rerouted to the "Meth is bad" thread.

Bowser 12-07-2012 12:49 PM

Truth of the matter is that this front office and coaching staff sealed their fates well before the whole Belcher incident.

If Clark chooses to retain everyone next year, he is flat out incompetent.

alpha_omega 12-07-2012 12:50 PM

The only sportscaster i hate worse than Rich Eisen is...Dan Patrick.

Bowser 12-07-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

He's one entertaining crackhead, for sure.

BigMeatballDave 12-07-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

I'd pay to spit in that dudes mouth and step on his sack.

**** him.

Red Beans 12-07-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Beans (Post 9187835)
This comment needs to be rerouted to the "Meth is bad" thread.

Because Barry loves the meth...

Red Beans 12-07-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9187841)
I'd pay to spit in that dudes mouth and step on his sack.

**** him.

http://i50.tinypic.com/263tqiq.jpg

Hammock Parties 12-07-2012 12:58 PM

Take a listen everyone. Pioli will be back. GUARANTEED.

http://i.imgur.com/rZiGS.jpg

Fast forward to 28:00 FOR THE TRUTH

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ONBEuF7SOos" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mojo Jojo 12-07-2012 12:59 PM

With all the lawsuits that go to trial in February against...that is going to cost Clark a lot of money, I think Pioli and Donovan are also named, so they will be forking out a lot of money too. I would think Clark would want to get those guys out of the way and settle his part.