ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

Bump 09-18-2012 07:13 PM

I would love to get him. But do you honestly think a black QB could make it in KC? The first time he runs instead of passes CP will have a melt down of epic proportions.

SAUTO 09-18-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8924850)
*Pushes chips all in*

This.

Gotta sell the farm for this ****ing kid.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr_Tomahawk 09-18-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 8926332)
I think I will tentatively put him atop my list. Look, none of this year's prospects approach Luck/RG3 levels of love from me. But given that Wilson has concussion issues, Barkley is inconsistent and has an average arm, Landry Jones is a game-manager, and Bray has character issues, he seems like the best prospect to me. So add me to the roster.

Does Wilson have a history of concussions?

SAUTO 09-18-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8926334)
I would love to get him. But do you honestly think a black QB could make it in KC? The first time he runs instead of passes CP will have a melt down of epic proportions.

JFC.

Yeah no black people live in kc.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr_Tomahawk 09-18-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Dum.

RealSNR 09-18-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBob (Post 8926313)
Watch this highlight tape. Check out the last two TDs. His footwork is bad. Watch the play action pass movement. What the **** is that? Watch his feet on the last throw. He is jumping. He's not shuffling. Watch the throw. It is short and hangs because of the footwork.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EyPqRRVcRs

Watch the clemswon tape up there. When he starts hopping the pass always hangs and is bad. When he shuffles or crosses his feet, he is fine. This is going to be what the scouts are talking about. Half the battle with QBs is their feet.

First of all, when you're in the pocket making your reads, the appropriate technique is to do those short little inch-high hops with both feet. Smith is shuffling, which isn't the norm or what a QB coach would teach you to do.

However, there's nothing wrong with shuffling your feet like that when you survey the field. If his pro coaches have their periods about that, that is something that can be EASILY fixed by Smith over one offseason. He's not rebuilding his throwing motion or anything.

Footwork only matters when you drop back and when you plant and throw. Smith plants and throws every single time, and he does it correctly.

You're being an idiot again.

Nightfyre 09-18-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8926339)
Does Wilson have a history of concussions?

I believe he's missed time due to two now. I think if he fell to the second round I would jump ALL OVER that shit, though.

Chief_For_Life58 09-18-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

a black qb would be fully embraced in kc. Itd be a perfect place. I was really hoping we woulda drafted Freeman with our first pick when we had the chance being a home town guy it would of really excited the fan base but what do I know im just a lonely little chiefs fan that wants them to win a superbowl

Sorter 09-18-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

http://gifs.gifbin.com/sw50sw8sw578.gif

Chief_For_Life58 09-18-2012 07:39 PM

Lets get Geno and Tavon austin in the draft as a package deal

WV 09-18-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 8926372)
Lets get Geno and Tavon austin in the draft as a package deal

:thumb:

DeezNutz 09-18-2012 07:45 PM

Not sure why I have to post in this thread to be added to the list. I'm not one of the originators, but I've been talking about the kid for a minute now.

Black Bob 09-18-2012 07:47 PM

It's cool. I am just not going to commit to a guy like that just yet. I see flaws and I voiced them. If you don't, that's OK with me. Right now, I don't see him as a first round QB. I want to see more this year. The main knock on the guy will be his footwork. It is easy to see his footwork is messing him up. It's the same on almost every bad throw.

Also, Alabama had the best defense last year. LSU might have been better on paper but they weren't a better defense.

KCUnited 09-18-2012 07:48 PM

Like the majority on the list, I haven't watched enough of the guy to form an opinion. But put me down so I can say I was one of the first because that's the currency here.

Reaper16 09-18-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBob (Post 8926389)
It's cool. I am just not going to commit to a guy like that just yet. I see flaws and I voiced them. If you don't, that's OK with me. Right now, I don't see him as a first round QB. I want to see more this year. The main knock on the guy will be his footwork.

Also, Alabama had the best defense last year. LSU might have been better on paper but they weren't a better defense.

By all means, knock LSU's defense for only being a mere top 15 defense of all time when Alabama's that same year happened to be a top 5 defense of all time.