ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Science Vicodin, Does it work for you? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=215898)

Fairplay 10-10-2009 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack (Post 6157231)
Ask your doc for "Tramadol" It is not a "Class 2" narcotic and works much better for me. I've got some pretty bad arthritis in my feet. Not good for a retired workaholic. "Tram" really helps me make it through the day.

My experience with Tramadol is not so good.

It is was hard for me to concentrate and i felt stupid. After 10 pills or so i threw the bottle away.

Uncle_Ted 10-10-2009 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6156300)
The danger of taking too much Vicodin is that it has a shitload of acetaminophen (Tylenol) in it and if you take more than 4000mg of Tylenol a day for for too long, your liver will go to shit and I mean SHIT. FDA is about to change a lot of laws regarding combination meds (with Tylenol) due to massive amounts of liver failures. Percocet is the same except it has Oxycodone in it instead of Hydrocodone and that's pretty much like heroin. Take enough Oxycodone (chronic pain, years worth), there's no getting off that shit, the doctors will be increasing the doses until you're wearing patches (Fentanyl), sucking lollipops and popping pills 24/7 just to sustain the opiate addiction... the good thing is that opiate tolerance pretty much has no ceiling, the bad thing is that it gets really really expensive.

It's really scary.

Heavy drinking + acetominaphen = liver damage.

Also, taking it on a full stomach will reduce its effectiveness.

Jack 10-10-2009 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 6157292)
My experience with Tramadol is not so good.

It is was hard for me to concentrate and i felt stupid. After 10 pills or so i threw the bottle away.

Don't affect me, I'm retired

patteeu 10-10-2009 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle_Ted (Post 6157397)
Heavy drinking + acetominaphen = liver damage.

Also, taking it on a full stomach will reduce its effectiveness.

I saw one of the resident doctors on CNN talking about this a month or so ago. He said that the acetaminophen creates some kind of substance in your system that can be toxic to the liver. Under normal circumstances your liver has the ability to break this toxin down to prevent damage, but apparently when you drink, the alcohol suppresses whatever it is that breaks down the toxin so your liver gets hit pretty hard.

DenverChief 10-10-2009 01:47 PM

they gave me hydrocodone for some kidney stones a few years back and I was curled up on the kitchen floor with a 1000mg in me and still in extreme pain....when I showed up @ the ER they gave me hydromorphone which worked MUCH MUCH better

Fairplay 10-10-2009 03:59 PM

To bad we don't have 2 livers if one gets shot.

crispystl 10-10-2009 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 6158085)
To bad we don't have 2 livers if one gets shot.

For real!

steelyeyed57 10-10-2009 05:59 PM

Took a bunch after some dental work. Didn't feel a thing.

Easy 6 10-10-2009 07:54 PM

Only had them 2-3 times & they didnt seem to help at all.

Oxycontin on the other hand...i was given two 3-4 years ago while having a bad day at work...its easy for me to see how Favre, Limbaugh etc. got hooked on them...floating around on air, quite high, but every thought was crystal clear, no stumbly stuff, i didnt feel at all 'drugged'. It passed easily in a professional environment & actually helped my work attitude.

JohninGpt 10-10-2009 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief (Post 6157931)
they gave me hydrocodone for some kidney stones a few years back and I was curled up on the kitchen floor with a 1000mg in me and still in extreme pain....when I showed up @ the ER they gave me hydromorphone which worked MUCH MUCH better

Morphine makes kidney stones fun.

BigOlChiefsfan 10-10-2009 08:59 PM

Word to the wise - long term vicodin use? Buy some OTC stool softeners. Or you'll be like the accountant with a broken calculator...you'll have to sit down and work things out with a pencil.

DTLB58 10-10-2009 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 6156018)
:o I have herniated discs at the same spot. My L5-S1 is also protruding. It is fun when both legs go almost completely numb.

My right leg would go numb, but I felt tingling in both.

It's kinda ironic, everyone told me to only have surgery as a last resort but now that I have had it, I wish I would have done it a lot sooner. I feel about 80% better.

Buck 11-14-2012 08:06 PM

Doctors have me on Vicodin and Flexeril for a strained muscle. Was constipated for 4 days and finally just pooped. Felt good to poop again.

The vicodins really help my pain. I only need to take 1.

ROYC75 11-14-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 6158711)
My right leg would go numb, but I felt tingling in both.

It's kinda ironic, everyone told me to only have surgery as a last resort but now that I have had it, I wish I would have done it a lot sooner. I feel about 80% better.

Pain meds ? Never heard of them.:rolleyes:

I need the following surgeries, you tell me what you think I'm on ?
Back L-5
Both knee
Rotator cuff
Bone spurs on both feet

Plus arthritis in every joint
Severe Veracious veins in the legs & feet
Kidney stones, again......

Between the wife and I our house resembles a warehouse for all the local pharmacies.

NewChief 11-14-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9119457)
Doctors have me on Vicodin and Flexeril for a strained muscle. Was constipated for 4 days and finally just pooped. Felt good to poop again.

The vicodins really help my pain. I only need to take 1.

You keep taking them... you'll need more than 1.