ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alexander Douglas Smith: 2016 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=302290)

Mr. Flopnuts 09-17-2016 10:44 AM

Alexander Douglas Smith: 2016

We wouldn't we want to roll out another Alex Smith thread?!?!? Listen, for the Clay haters, this will probably be the thread that gets him banned. He can't help himself, right? Let's go!!!

First off, as many of you know, I have been very critical of Alexander Douglas Smith. Wasn't happy with the trade, HATED the extension, and have burned him to the ground from the beginning. So ****ing sick of the retread QB's.

So, that said Alex Smith is my Daddy. I mean, I just have to own that at this point. Here's why. He's never had continuity in a system. That guy had a new offensive coordinator just about every year until Jim Harbaugh showed up. And he flashed a little bit. That said, it sure looks like San Fran traded their best QB to us in favor of some douche that's starting some thing all over the league, while riding the bench to a guy named Blaine Gabbert.

Alex is now in his 4th year of the same system and it's showing. He's getting better. Why is he my daddy now all of a sudden though? Because he proved that he's more than just a game manager. He made some ****ing incredible throws against the Chargers last week. The back shoulder Maclin throw, the Maclin throw where Jeremy was almost killed, The Spencer Ware throws. Twice he hit him downfield (like, way more than 8 yards!), and then finally the Kelce throws.

People can give Spencer Ware a lot of credit, he is deserving of it after the monster game he had. Make no mistake about it though, Alexander Douglas Smith personally put this team on his back and willed them to victory. 1 play at a time. 1 throw at a time. He's a leader, and it reflected in the locker room after that game. They trust Alex now. They trust that he has what it takes to will them to victory in any game.

Alex isn't just a game manager anymore. He's a game changer, and a leader. This team could go 6-10 this year and I'll say the same thing. He has the ability and he's proven it. Now let's see where they go with it. I'm officially a YUGE Alex fan. What do you think? I'll take your comments off air.

KChiefs1 09-17-2016 10:45 AM

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...42ea7a58ca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeyChuckles 09-17-2016 10:48 AM

I wholly support this movement. Lure them in and draw them out, it won't be long now.

bishop_74 09-17-2016 10:48 AM

http://i.imgur.com/jyLb3rl.gif

Mr. Flopnuts 09-17-2016 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeyChuckles (Post 12431036)
I wholly support this movement. Lure them in and draw them out, it won't be long now.

Clay is a good friend of mine IRL. I would hate to see him banned, but I have zero to do with his moderation on this site because we are friends and I'd be partial to just let him do what he does around here.

Coochie liquor 09-17-2016 10:52 AM

Hoping your daddy can do it more times than one! He's shown us he CAN do it last week. Now he needs to show us he can continually do it on a reg basis. I want to believe he can, but the other factor that may come into play is Andys play calling. I'm tired of not throwing into the endzone on a and goal to go situation. Andy needs to LET Alex do it.

Hammock Parties 09-17-2016 10:52 AM

Alex will have an eye-opening year. Can't wait!

RealSNR 09-17-2016 10:53 AM

I said last year that I would stop abusing Alex for being what he is (a backup game manager that we acquired in an expensive trade from a team, when the last horrific QB experiment we had was the exact same ****ing deal) if he won a playoff game in his 3rd season with the team. He did, so I've stopped.

Yes, there's still the occasional benchmark he needs to reach. He can't start sucking. There's also the expectation that maybe he'll win more playoff games in the future. But for finally freeing this team of its playoff win drought, he's proven that he is, in fact, a giant upgrade from what Cassel was, not just a moderate and underwhelming upgrade.

What he did Week 1 was show that he's capable of growing beyond my expectations for him. I won't expect him to do it every week, or even again at all this season. But the point is that it's possible. And I did not see that coming.

Sofa King 09-17-2016 10:56 AM

Whoo!!!

Mr. Flopnuts 09-17-2016 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12431049)
I said last year that I would stop abusing Alex for being what he is (a backup game manager that we acquired in an expensive trade from a team, when the last horrific QB experiment we had was the exact same ****ing deal) if he won a playoff game in his 3rd season with the team. He did, so I've stopped.

Yes, there's still the occasional benchmark he needs to reach. He can't start sucking. There's also the expectation that maybe he'll win more playoff games in the future. But for finally freeing this team of its playoff win drought, he's proven that he is, in fact, a giant upgrade from what Cassel was, not just a moderate and underwhelming upgrade.

What he did Week 1 was show that he's capable of growing beyond my expectations for him. I won't expect him to do it every week, or even again at all this season. But the point is that it's possible. And I did not see that coming.

Well said.

Bowser 09-17-2016 10:59 AM

https://memecrunch.com/meme/7LUOJ/le....gif?w=500&c=1

Mr. Flopnuts 09-17-2016 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smellway (Post 12431047)
Alex will have an eye-opening year. Can't wait!

ROFL I like how you're doing this.

Hammock Parties 09-17-2016 11:10 AM

You should be careful about invoking a quarterback's middle name though. Bad juju.

beach tribe 09-17-2016 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 12431045)
Clay is a good friend of mine IRL. I would hate to see him banned, but I have zero to do with his moderation on this site because we are friends and I'd be partial to just let him do what he does around here.

Same here.
Banning is some pussy shit IMO.
Its funny as hell anyway. Hs losing streak in his bets is remarkable and he just keeps coming.
He actually makes you root for the team even harder with his antics and the people who bitch are the ones who CONSTANTLY quote his posts. its hilarious.

beach tribe 09-17-2016 11:13 AM

I can just picture them mashing the shit out of the keyboard buttons.