ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life How much effort do you put into voting? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=287912)

stumppy 10-29-2014 12:42 PM

I try to vote in every one of Rainmans polls.

Molitoth 10-29-2014 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave (Post 11067074)
LMAO Sheep

lol I think your sarcasm meter is broken.

ptlyon 10-29-2014 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 11067195)
I try to vote in every one of Rainmans polls.

Party line guy, eh?

gblowfish 10-29-2014 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimidollar (Post 11067147)
I'm confused. How did shooting at Chinese in Korea protect your right to vote?

If you don't understand that, I can't help you.

stumppy 10-29-2014 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 11067211)
Party line guy, eh?

I am a patriot.

stumppy 10-29-2014 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 11067058)
This.

When I was 18, my dad made me go register to vote. He said he didn't freeze his ass shooting at the Chinese in Korea for his son not exercise the freedom he fought for.

I've made sure to vote ever since. Don't think I've missed a Presidential or Mid-Term election ever.

I'm with you on this. Although my Dad died when I was 6 months old I have always looked at voting as one of the ways I can honor what he did for our country. He fought in WWII and the Korean war.

-King- 10-29-2014 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 11067216)
If you don't understand that, I can't help you.

Eh. I don't get it either. Were the Chinese planing to take away our rights to vote or something?

mikey23545 10-29-2014 01:47 PM

I just got through last night doing online research on the judges that were up to be retained or not, as well as some of the state level candidates I was unfamiliar with.

I too voted by mail since I am still recovering from surgery that would make it difficult for me to stand in line for a long time like I did a couple of years ago.

DaFace 10-29-2014 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 11067346)
I just got through last night doing online research on the judges that were up to be retained or not, as well as some of the state level candidates I was unfamiliar with.

I too voted by mail since I am still recovering from surgery that would make it difficult for me to stand in line for a long time like I did a couple of years ago.

I honestly don't know that I would be able to put the same amount of effort into it if I didn't do mail ballot these days. I can't imagine trying to do all the research in advance and remember everything (though I suppose you could go in with a cheat sheet). Still, there always ends up being something on there that you weren't thinking of.

I just wish there were better information out there one some of the minor races. I hate just going with a party line, but there are some races where there's not much else to even go on.

The Franchise 10-29-2014 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 11067363)
I honestly don't know that I would be able to put the same amount of effort into it if I didn't do mail ballot these days. I can't imagine trying to do all the research in advance and remember everything (though I suppose you could go in with a cheat sheet). Still, there always ends up being something on there that you weren't thinking of.

I just wish there were better information out there one some of the minor races. I hate just going with a party line, but there are some races where there's not much else to even go on.

That's why we send out sample ballot books 30 days before the election. You're allowed to mark the "ballot" that is in the book and bring it with you.

MTG#10 10-29-2014 02:49 PM

I only vote in the major elections, and always vote third party...usually for the Libertarian candidates but not always.

vailpass 10-29-2014 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 11067396)
That's why we send out sample ballot books 30 days before the election. You're allowed to mark the "ballot" that is in the book and bring it with you.

Bingo. Bango. Bongo.

ptlyon 10-29-2014 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 11067508)
I only vote in the major elections, and always vote third party...usually for the Libertarian candidates but not always.

Bet you'll be excited when Ellen Degeneres runs

ClevelandBronco 10-29-2014 02:54 PM

How much effort do you put into voting?

The ballot will sit on my desk until the election is over. Then I'll destroy it. So some effort, but not a lot.

mikeyis4dcats. 10-29-2014 03:23 PM

I vote by mail. Generally I'm aware enough to easily decide on everything but judicial retention. For that I consult a guide published that gives survey results from attorneys and also from judges on each candidate. Those with a less than 75% ratng get looked into as to why they may be contentious.