ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Travis Etienne (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=326832)

O.city 11-19-2019 10:15 AM

Travis Etienne

So if the Chiefs are drafting in the late first round and he's sitting there, thoughts?

I'm usually anti RB early, but I've kind of changed my tune seeing what these dudes that can catch and run can do for an offense.

I think he can be a Kamara type dude and in this offense that would be fun.

Chief Northman 11-19-2019 10:44 AM

I prefer Taylor. Bigger, stronger, and better contact balance. I will admit Etienne is better in the passing game though.

O.city 11-19-2019 10:49 AM

Taylor has been given a lot of carries in that Wisconsin offense and isn't the pass catcher. No thanks.

BlackHelicopters 11-19-2019 11:09 AM

He won’t be available to us. Fits Andy’s offense though.

BryanBusby 11-19-2019 12:34 PM

#1. I think that's at least a good round too early.
#2. I'm not sure if he's a 3 down back.
#3. I don't like his running style.

I really like the depth in this RB class. Wouldn't get antsy to make a move like this at all.

O.city 11-19-2019 12:37 PM

I'd prefer to have him in the 2nd. If they could go CB, then him, that would be perfect. I'm afraid he'll end up testing too well though. Probably have to look elsewhere for a RB which is fine, but I think he could be a Kamara/ Mccaffrey type in this offense.

He's such a good pass catcher and in the open field, why couldn't he be a 3 down back and does that really matter anymore anyway?

Hoover 11-19-2019 12:42 PM

Nope. Sorry but as much as I'd love to take a RB there I just can't. We need to draft a CB, even with Fenton and Ward, and regardless of what we do with out FA.

Now in the 2nd or 3rd, I'd have no problem but we better be drafting some decent fatties too. This is where I think a Chris Jones trade can really help the Chiefs by not having to pay that contract and by getting us an additional 1st and probably 3rd round pick in a draft that should have some nice play makers.

O.city 11-19-2019 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 14608678)
Nope. Sorry but as much as I'd love to take a RB there I just can't. We need to draft a CB, even with Fenton and Ward, and regardless of what we do with out FA.

Now in the 2nd or 3rd, I'd have no problem but we better be drafting some decent fatties too. This is where I think a Chris Jones trade can really help the Chiefs by not having to pay that contract and by getting us an additional 1st and probably 3rd round pick in a draft that should have some nice play makers.

I was kind of thinking that. If you could trade Jones to say, the Cardinals for their first, you'd have to do that right? That's probably unrealistic though.

UChieffyBugger 11-19-2019 01:54 PM

IMO picking a quality RB early may be needed because our running game this year has totally stunk. Here are the backs to consider.

Taylor
Swift
Dobbins
Harris
Hubbard
Ettiene
Moss

Taylor has a lot of carries under his belt and is a proven runner who gets yards and can take it to the house on any given play..he would probably be the safest pick of the bunch.

Swift is so shifty and agile...very fast but a smaller kind of back. He can catch too and would fit well with our offense I think.

Harris is built like Gurley and doesn't have as much carries as the likes of Taylor. When he's in the mood he's a big threat both running and catching and I think he's a very intriguing talent.

Dobbins has it all imo. He can run hard between the tackles, run routes out of the slot etc..very impressive.

Hubbard is a new name on the scene and he's simply electric...probably the fastest guy on this list and is a home-run threat everytime he gets the ball..slim, agile and tall too. He's the sort of kid who could be a massive success or a bust I think.

Ettiene has a ton of yards and TD's and is a master in the redzone but his ability to catch the ball isn't proven yet but I think he'd do well here.

Moss has been compared to Hunt in terms of his build and running style

I think we have a huge opportunity to get a top class back and with Sammy likely departing I think this is critical in order to make sure our offense remains elite.

Hoover 11-19-2019 02:21 PM

If you have 2 first round picks, then by all means take one at the end of the first round.

BryanBusby 11-19-2019 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14608664)
I'd prefer to have him in the 2nd. If they could go CB, then him, that would be perfect. I'm afraid he'll end up testing too well though. Probably have to look elsewhere for a RB which is fine, but I think he could be a Kamara/ Mccaffrey type in this offense.

He's such a good pass catcher and in the open field, why couldn't he be a 3 down back and does that really matter anymore anyway?

He's really not such a good pass catcher. I mean he's okay, but I want someone that's more fearless running routes.

Quote:

“I don’t know, I feel like I feel nervous I guess,” Etienne said. “Cause the ball is coming, and I always feel like the defender is right there, so I run before I catch the ball and get spooked by my surroundings.”
I'm also not sure if he isn't mostly just benefiting from a light box that he won't see in the NFL and I don't like his running style. Give me someone who might be a little bit slower, but will catch passes and can pass block all day long over Etienne.

Buehler445 11-19-2019 03:05 PM

If we're going to pick a low value position in the first round, I'd rather it be an LB.

BryanBusby 11-19-2019 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14609051)
If we're going to pick a low value position in the first round, I'd rather it be an LB.

Speaking of linebackers. I really like the kid from Oklahoma and think he's going to be a star.

duncan_idaho 11-19-2019 07:19 PM

I’m still on the Ke’Shawn Vaughn train and think you can get him in the third or maybe fourth.

He’s got breakaway speed and catches the ball well (real screen game weapon), but what I really love is his balance. He’s a legit runner out of the shotgun because of it.

Chief Northman 11-19-2019 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 14609095)
Speaking of linebackers. I really like the kid from Oklahoma and think he's going to be a star.

There are 4 linebackers I think KC could/should target depending on what they value:

OLB
Isaiah Simmons - Clemson
The man can run, plays violent, and can do it all: blitz, stack/shed, cover and pursue. Problem is he is a top 20 pick and probably unattainable without a trade up.

Kenneth Murray - Oklahoma
Size, strength and a force in pass rush. A great 1 gap scheme linebacker. Violent player, but tends to tackle high and is limited in pass coverage. Not a guy you want in man coverage on elusive backs or tight ends. Probably still on the board in the mid-2nd round.

ILB
Malik Harrison - Ohio State
Best suited as a MLB thumper, but is smart, tough and would be a great 1 gap scheme backer. Prototype size and build. Makes plays as a blitzer, but earns his accolades as a dependable run stuffer. Projcted to go late 1st, early 2nd.

Jacob Phillips - LSU
Would be great in a read/react role as he diagnoses well and is a savvy player. Great pursuit and is quick to read keys. Not a devastating tackler, but solid. Good pass coverage ability considering he’s deemed an inside backer. Really sound in short to intermediate pass drops.

I’d be happy with any one of these guys. Simmons is the crown jewel, but likely will be gone by the time the Chiefs pick. Murray is just fun to watch, but is probably the most raw of this group.

kccrow 11-19-2019 10:17 PM

I'm alot partial to JK Dobbins. That said, the RB class looks pretty solid from top to bottom.

Tribal Warfare 11-20-2019 01:09 AM

Yep, DGAF KC must obtain a feature RB, and a good O-Line that'll keep Patrick's jersey clean.

Protecti PMII at any cost

Pitt Gorilla 11-20-2019 01:26 PM

Love Etienne, but I'd rather have a C/G.

Great Expectations 11-20-2019 04:09 PM

I’m an OU fan and Murray drives me nuts. He misses his read about 30% of the time. When he gets it right he is a stud, but his instincts or football acumen isn’t high enough.

I really like Jacob Phillips.

Out of OU I’d like Kennedy Brooks, he isn’t a burner, but makes guys barely miss, has great timing to the hole, very solid vision.

Chris Meck 11-24-2019 09:28 AM

the back ain't gonna matter if we line up with Rankin, Reiter, and LDT.

I don't think you all understand just how shitty we are at interior line play.

UChieffyBugger 11-24-2019 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14615901)

And surprise, Surprise the notorious running-back hater has made an appearance and is trying to pour cold water on the Chiefs getting a quality back in the draft!!!...I'M SHOCKED!!! ROFL

Tribal Warfare 11-24-2019 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 14609911)
Yep, DGAF KC must obtain a feature RB, and a good O-Line that'll keep Patrick's jersey clean.

Protecti PMII at any cost

Quote:

Chris Meck 11-27-2019 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 14617673)
And surprise, Surprise the notorious running-back hater has made an appearance and is trying to pour cold water on the Chiefs getting a quality back in the draft!!!...I'M SHOCKED!!! ROFL

Did I say that, you moron? My lord you're stupid.

The line is shit. You could line up any back you like behind that bullshit and they're going to look ordinary.

UChieffyBugger 11-28-2019 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14621664)
Did I say that, you moron? My lord you're stupid.

The line is shit. You could line up any back you like behind that bullshit and they're going to look ordinary.

IT'S THE SAME LINE THAT KAREEM FLOURISHED BEHIND YOU FECKING IDIOT!!..spin another record please, this one is very boring :rolleyes: .

Chris Meck 11-28-2019 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 14622238)
IT'S THE SAME LINE THAT KAREEM FLOURISHED BEHIND YOU FECKING IDIOT!!..spin another record please, this one is very boring :rolleyes: .

oh yeah? he lined up behind Erving, Rankin, and Rieter? I must've missed that.

****ing idiot.

UChieffyBugger 11-28-2019 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14622257)
oh yeah? he lined up behind Erving, Rankin, and Rieter? I must've missed that.

****ing idiot.

Er Kareem played with Mitch, Fish, LDT, Wylie and Reiter dummy...you keep harping on about the "line" BUT THOSE GUYS WILL BE STARTING ON SUNDAY YOU MELON!!!

Chris Meck 11-28-2019 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 14622728)
Er Kareem played with Mitch, Fish, LDT, Wylie and Reiter dummy...you keep harping on about the "line" BUT THOSE GUYS WILL BE STARTING ON SUNDAY YOU MELON!!!

You know, literally no one likes you.

UChieffyBugger 11-29-2019 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14623227)
You know, literally no one likes you.

Lol at this clown thinking I actually give a feck!!!.. ROFL

Chris Meck 11-29-2019 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 14623478)
Lol at this clown thinking I actually give a feck!!!.. ROFL

I don't know what I was thinking taking you off of block.

Back on ya go.

Dumb****.

UChieffyBugger 11-29-2019 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14623545)
I don't know what I was thinking taking you off of block.

Back on ya go.

Dumb****.

YESSSSSSS BYE DUMMY...NO MORE OF THIS OBSESSED IDIOT STALKING AND CRYING OVER MY POSTS WHENEVER I TALK ABOUT NEEDING A RUNNING GAME PBJ

Ebolapox 12-08-2019 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 14623757)
YESSSSSSS BYE DUMMY...NO MORE OF THIS OBSESSED IDIOT STALKING AND CRYING OVER MY POSTS WHENEVER I TALK ABOUT NEEDING A RUNNING GAME PBJ

Is this site even fun for you anymore?

O.city 12-28-2019 08:31 PM

Yeah I’d replace etienne with dobbins

Take him at the end of the first round

Pitt Gorilla 12-28-2019 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14680599)
Yeah I’d replace etienne with dobbins

Take him at the end of the first round

Dobbins would look great in our offense.

Tribal Warfare 12-28-2019 10:18 PM

If the Chiefs drafts a RB with elite potential I would be good with that

Chris Meck 12-29-2019 09:57 AM

I'm kind of liking Cam Akers from FSU actually, as a fit in Reid's offense.

Pitt Gorilla 12-29-2019 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14681116)

I'm just glad there are several legit options for the Chiefs. Many of these guys should be available when they pick in rounds 1-3.

duncan_idaho 12-29-2019 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14681116)

Yeah, I’m warming up to it a lot. Skill set fits, and he’s going to be available in the 3rd.

Chris Meck 12-30-2019 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 14684122)
Yeah, I’m warming up to it a lot. Skill set fits, and he’s going to be available in the 3rd.

RB in the 3rd round has been beddy beddy good to us.

Pitt Gorilla 12-31-2019 12:21 AM

Dobbins officially in.

UChieffyBugger 12-31-2019 04:00 AM

Dobbins, Taylor and Swift will likely be gone In the first or second rounds. Hubbard and Ettiene have a chance to go In the third. Ackers and Moss could sneak into the fourth imo. This class looks every bit as decent as the 2017 RB class which had Mccafrey, Fournette, Hunt, Kamara and Jones. The only one I'm not sure about is Najeee Harris..his physical statistics are off the chain so who knows? Another name to keep an eye on is Xavier Jones from SMU...he's got something about him that could be devastating if developed properly. Mike Warren from Cinci also intrigues me.

I think for us to have a chance to get one of Dobbins, Taylor or Swift we'd have to use a first...can't see them being there when he pick second tbh. Hubbard is still fairly new to the scene so I see him and Ettiene possibly still being there when we pick In the third although Ettiene may well be gone by them aswell. So I think we should either dive In for a top guy early or we'll likely be left with Ackers, maybe Hubbard, Moss and Jones. The good thing is most teams already have their three-down back so we do have a great chance to get one of the best backs early if we want.

Toad 12-31-2019 10:19 AM

Not saying I agree with this (Dobbins will go in the 1-2 round range) but here is Walter Football RB rankings...

1. D'Andre Swift, RB, Georgia
Height: 5-9. Weight: 215.
Projected 40 Time: 4.49.
Projected Round (2021): 1-2

2. Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin
Height: 5-11. Weight: 216.
Projected 40 Time: 4.54.
Projected Round (2021): 1-3

3. Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson
Height: 5-10. Weight: 200.
Projected 40 Time: 4.47.

4. Eno Benjamin, RB, Arizona State
Height: 5-10. Weight: 201.
Projected 40 Time: 4.50.

5. Kylin Hill, RB, Mississippi State
Height: 5-11. Weight: 215.
Projected 40 Time: 4.52.
Projected Round (2021): 2-4

6. J.K. Dobbins, RB, Ohio State
Height: 5-10. Weight: 214.
Projected Round (2021): 2-4

https://walterfootball.com/draft2021RB.php

Toad 12-31-2019 12:21 PM

Apologies...that was dated information. Here is the updated (although he still has Dobbins and Etienne projected lower than where I think they will go):

1. D'Andre Swift*, RB, Georgia
Projected Round (2020): 1

2. Chuba Hubbard**, RB, Oklahoma State
Height: 6-1. Weight: 207.
Projected Round (2020): 2-3

3. Jonathan Taylor*, RB, Wisconsin

4. J.K. Dobbins*, RB, Ohio State

5. Travis Etienne*, RB, Clemson

6. Cam Akers*, RB, Florida State
Height: 5-11. Weight: 210.
Projected 40 Time: 4.51.

7. Kylin Hill*, RB, Mississippi State

https://walterfootball.com/draft2020RB.php

kccrow 01-01-2020 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad (Post 14687466)
Apologies...that was dated information. Here is the updated (although he still has Dobbins and Etienne projected lower than where I think they will go):

1. D'Andre Swift*, RB, Georgia
Projected Round (2020): 1

2. Chuba Hubbard**, RB, Oklahoma State
Height: 6-1. Weight: 207.

3. Jonathan Taylor*, RB, Wisconsin

4. J.K. Dobbins*, RB, Ohio State

5. Travis Etienne*, RB, Clemson

6. Cam Akers*, RB, Florida State
Height: 5-11. Weight: 210.
Projected 40 Time: 4.51.

7. Kylin Hill*, RB, Mississippi State

https://walterfootball.com/draft2020RB.php

I like any of them but I don't see any of the top 6 making it to round 3. I think Hill does though.

I'd probably rank them
1. Taylor
2. Dobbins
3. Swift
4. Hubbard
5. Etienne
6. Akers
7. Hill

Theres alot of other later options too that I wouldn't be opposed to. I think Moss, Vaughn, Ragas, LeMay, Robinson, and Ward are guys to keep an eye on.

Pitt Gorilla 01-01-2020 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 14689436)
I like any of them but I don't see any of the top 6 making it to round 3. I think Hill does though.

I'd probably rank them
1. Taylor
2. Dobbins
3. Swift
4. Hubbard
5. Etienne
6. Akers
7. Hill

Theres alot of other later options too that I wouldn't be opposed to. I think Moss, Vaughn, Ragas, LeMay, Robinson, and Ward are guys to keep an eye on.

I'd rather have Etienne or Dobbins over Taylor, especially in Reid's offense.

UChieffyBugger 01-01-2020 11:35 PM

The key thing this year is most teams have a quality back already so won't be pushing hard to get another one.

Cowboys= Zeke
Vikings= Cook
GB= Jones
Panthers= Mccaffrey
Titans= Henry
Raiders= Jacobs
Giants= Barkley
Philly= Sanders
Ravens= Ingram
Saints= Kamara
Jets= Bell
Jags= Fournette
Tampa= Jones
Niners= Mosert
Denver= Lindsey
Seahawks= Carsen
Skins= Guice
Browns= Chubb
Bills= Singletery
Cinci= Mixon
Lions= Johnson
Colts= Mack
Bears= Montgomery
Steelers= Conner
NE= Michel
Zona= Drake
Chargers= Eckler
Rams= Gurley

Texans and Miami are certain to either get a back through FA or draft one imo. I also think the Rams, Pats, Chargers and maybe the Steelers could get involved In the draft. Taylor, Dobbins and Swift won't make it past the second round imo so Veach will have a decision to make.

RunKC 01-04-2020 09:39 AM

Such a good year to take a RB. There will be some good ones in the top 100 for us to nab

SAGA45 01-04-2020 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 14608860)
IMO picking a quality RB early may be needed because our running game this year has totally stunk. Here are the backs to consider.

Taylor
Swift
Dobbins
Harris
Hubbard
Ettiene
Moss

There's one missing from that list I'd like to add....If the Chiefs can nab Lamical Perine (Florida) late day 2 or on day 3, Im good. Perfect fit in the Chiefs offense. Productive behind a poor line. Versatile, 3-down back and would be an awesome value later in the draft permitting the Chiefs to address arguably more urgent needs (O-line, LB, CB etc)

RunKC 01-04-2020 09:56 AM

Quote:

LDT is pretty average these days, but he’s still a significantly better player than Wylie and Reiter.

I think you also need to watch Rankin again. That guy was rock solid in pass pro and he was very good with his feet with screens and zone runs, which is key to Andy’s offense.

I think it would be a really bad idea to just blow up 3/5 of the OL in one offseason with new starters who haven’t worked here before. Ideally I’d this would be my plan:

-cut Wylie
-cut Erving
-Allegretti becomes primary backup C
-sign either Wiz to a cheap deal or find another FA (preferably Wiz)
-keep LDT for 1 more year
-draft a starting C early
-draft another developmental OL in the mid rds

Fisher, Wiz/other FA, draft pick, draft pick, Schwartz, Rankin, Allegreti, LDT

Chargem 01-04-2020 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14693380)
LDT is pretty average these days, but he’s still a significantly better player than Wylie and Reiter.

I think you also need to watch Rankin again. That guy was rock solid in pass pro and he was very good with his feet with screens and zone runs, which is key to Andy’s offense.

I think it would be a really bad idea to just blow up 3/5 of the OL in one offseason with new starters who haven’t worked here before. Ideally I’d this would be my plan:

-cut Wylie
-cut Erving
-Allegretti becomes primary backup C
-sign either Wiz to a cheap deal or find another FA (preferably Wiz)
-keep LDT for 1 more year
-draft a starting C early
-draft another developmental OL in the mid rds

Fisher, Wiz/other FA, draft pick, draft pick, Schwartz, Rankin, Allegreti, LDT

I wouldn't cut Wylie just because he's an ERFA right so super cheap to keep, and you definitely want to carry more than 8 linemen. And your suggestion leaves no back up tackle at all?

O.city 01-04-2020 05:06 PM

I think you guys overrate Rankin, but if he's healthy, he's fine at LG. LDT hasn't been good in a couple years, move on there.

Chris Meck 01-04-2020 11:10 PM

center and left guard need upgraded badly.

LDT is mediocre but better than Wylie and Reiter.

If Rankin is an answer, great. I'm just not handing him the job just yet.

We need to upgrade 2/5 for sure.

kccrow 01-05-2020 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 14689493)
I'd rather have Etienne or Dobbins over Taylor, especially in Reid's offense.

Maybe, but Taylor is pretty special.

Wouldn't rule Hubbard out, kid is as fast as Etienne. Hubbard did run 10.55 100-m in high school. Etienne ran a 10.51. Neither are as fast as Charles was, but both are significantly faster than any backs KC has right now and Reid had no issues making use of Charles.

I do prefer Dobbins over all others, but there is so much talent in this year's crop of backs that it is hard to really just zone in on one guy as the fit because there are at least 10 that would. The Chiefs definitely don't need to go RB in round 1, and could probably even wait until the 3rd and still get a good one. I think the 2nd round is the sweet spot but that's my opinion.

Chargem 01-05-2020 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14694330)
I think you guys overrate Rankin, but if he's healthy, he's fine at LG. LDT hasn't been good in a couple years, move on there.

I don't really get the Rankin love either. I thought he seemed meh, not bad but not good either. Definitely someone I don't mind being in the mix for a starting job next year but not someone I want to crown as the starting LG.

ntexascardfan 01-05-2020 02:30 PM

The more I think about it, the more I think Hubbard would be a pretty ideal fit in our system.

Homerun threat with elite speed and can catch the ball out of the backfield.

SAGA45 01-05-2020 03:24 PM

I'll throw another unmentioned name into the mix...SMU RB Xavier Jones - https://www.facebook.com/12798964724...9644198746169/

Another potential mid-late round gem like Perine whom I mentioned earlier.

kccrow 01-05-2020 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAGA45 (Post 14699120)
I'll throw another unmentioned name into the mix...SMU RB Xavier Jones - https://www.facebook.com/12798964724...9644198746169/

Another potential mid-late round gem like Perine whom I mentioned earlier.

James Robinson out of Northern Illinois. Kid is good. Contact balance like Kareem. A bit beefier at 5'10" 220. He'll be in my next mock.

Buehler445 01-05-2020 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 14697620)
Maybe, but Taylor is pretty special.

Wouldn't rule Hubbard out, kid is as fast as Etienne. Hubbard did run 10.55 100-m in high school. Etienne ran a 10.51. Neither are as fast as Charles was, but both are significantly faster than any backs KC has right now and Reid had no issues making use of Charles.

I do prefer Dobbins over all others, but there is so much talent in this year's crop of backs that it is hard to really just zone in on one guy as the fit because there are at least 10 that would. The Chiefs definitely don't need to go RB in round 1, and could probably even wait until the 3rd and still get a good one. I think the 2nd round is the sweet spot but that's my opinion.

That's probably faster than Charles was by the time Reid got him. Thing about Charles wasn't ONLY his speed, his vision and balance coupled with his agility and lateral quickness were straight elite. Unfortunately most of that got wasted with Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards and Scott Franchise Killer Pioli. But by the time Reid got him, he was savvy as hell and could still make dudes miss and had good speed, but it wasn't the speed he had coming out.

I don't know anything about these dudes, but getting speed guys because Charles was generational isn't necessarily a good approach unless they've got other skills too.

kccrow 01-05-2020 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14699442)
That's probably faster than Charles was by the time Reid got him. Thing about Charles wasn't ONLY his speed, his vision and balance coupled with his agility and lateral quickness were straight elite. Unfortunately most of that got wasted with Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards and Scott Franchise Killer Pioli. But by the time Reid got him, he was savvy as hell and could still make dudes miss and had good speed, but it wasn't the speed he had coming out.

I don't know anything about these dudes, but getting speed guys because Charles was generational isn't necessarily a good approach unless they've got other skills too.

Both those dudes are phenomenal players and both should be 2nd round picks. For reference, Charles ran a 10.13 100m in college, which is Olympic caliber.

SAGA45 01-05-2020 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 14699211)
James Robinson out of Northern Illinois. Kid is good. Contact balance like Kareem. A bit beefier at 5'10" 220. He'll be in my next mock.

Nice!! He drew Fournette comparisons out of high school. Good size. Can be a big play guy and a 2nd half hammer to eat clock. Good find man! Looking forward to that mock

Buehler445 01-05-2020 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 14699485)
Both those dudes are phenomenal players and both should be 2nd round picks. For reference, Charles ran a 10.13 100m in college, which is Olympic caliber.

Right on. Let's be real here, if we land another Jamaal Charles, I'd dance a jig.

Toad 01-07-2020 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 14689436)

I'd probably rank them
1. Taylor
2. Dobbins
3. Swift
4. Hubbard
5. Etienne
6. Akers
7. Hill

Per your comment, I put my eye on some video of Moss. Kid looks good. Could be an option in round 3 if available.

Zack Moss, RB, Utah
Height: 5-10. Weight: 215.
Projected 40 Time: 4.55.
Projected Round (2020): 1-3.
Moss averaged six yards per carry for 1,416 yards and 15 touchdowns. He also had 28 catches for 388 yards and two scores. Some sources believe Moss is a second- or third-round pick as they feel he is a tough runner with a good build. Others who are really high on him think he could have late first-round talent. However, a good medical report leading up to the 2020 NFL Draft is needed as some teams have medical concerns about Moss. Moss was a workhorse for the Utes as a power runner with quickness and receiving ability. He put together an excellent 2019 season.

UChieffyBugger 01-07-2020 10:37 PM

Yes Moss is gonna be right there for us In round 3 or 4 imo and would be a decent option. Although tbh the more I look at it, the more I think we might get Akers In the middle rounds. Kid has first round talent imo and is good between the tackles, catching the ball and actually THROWS the ball as well which makes him an even bigger weapon for Andy to use.

DrRyan 01-13-2020 04:49 PM

In the latest Walter Mock he has KC drafting Etienne at 93, late 3rd round. That seems incredibly unlikely, no? Him lasting until 93 that is.

Wilson8 01-13-2020 06:00 PM

gbnreport.com has their top 20 RBs as -

1. Jonathan Taylor 5-11 219 4.44e Wisconsin JR Declared
2. D'Andre Swift 5-9 215 4.42e Georgia JR Declared
3. Travis Etienne 5-10 215 4.48e Clemson JR - Have 1 week after tonight's championship game to declare.
4. J.K. Dobbins 5-10 217 4.50e Ohio State JR Declared
5. Chuba Hubbard 6-1 207 4.38e Oklahoma State RSO - Returning to OKST
6. Zack Moss 5-10 222 4.55e Utah SR
7. Kylin Hill 5-11 215 4.49e Mississippi State JR Declared
8. Eno Benjamin 5-10 201 4.50e Arizona State JR Declared
9. Cam Akers 5-11 212 4.51e Florida State JR Declared
10. Trey Sermon 6-0 221 4.53e Oklahoma JR
11. Deshawn McClease 5-9 190 4.54e Virginia Tech JR Declared
12. Darrynton Evans 5-11 200 4.39e Appalachian State JR Declared
13. A.J. Dillon 6-0 250 4.58e Boston College JR Declared
14. Clyde Edwards-Helaire 5-8 209 4.50e LSU JR
15. Anthony McFarland 5-9 198 4.45e Maryland RSO Declared
16. Joshua Kelley 5-11 215 4.54e UCLA SR
17. Ke'Shawn Vaughn 5-10 218 4.45e Vanderbilt SR
18. Salvon Ahmed 5-11 193 4.39e Washington JR Declared
19. Michael Warren 5-11 222 4.56e Cincinnati JR Declared
20. Javon Leake 6-0 206 4.41e Maryland JR Declared

I could be completely wrong, but I do not see the Chiefs investing in an early round running back with Damien Williams, Darrel Williams, Darwin Thompson and also Elijah McGuire and Mike Weber currently on practice squad.

Big needs are CB, MLB, and so on...

DrRyan 01-14-2020 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilson8 (Post 14721978)
gbnreport.com has their top 20 RBs as -

1. Jonathan Taylor 5-11 219 4.44e Wisconsin JR Declared
2. D'Andre Swift 5-9 215 4.42e Georgia JR Declared
3. Travis Etienne 5-10 215 4.48e Clemson JR - Have 1 week after tonight's championship game to declare.
4. J.K. Dobbins 5-10 217 4.50e Ohio State JR Declared
5. Chuba Hubbard 6-1 207 4.38e Oklahoma State RSO - Returning to OKST
6. Zack Moss 5-10 222 4.55e Utah SR
7. Kylin Hill 5-11 215 4.49e Mississippi State JR Declared
8. Eno Benjamin 5-10 201 4.50e Arizona State JR Declared
9. Cam Akers 5-11 212 4.51e Florida State JR Declared
10. Trey Sermon 6-0 221 4.53e Oklahoma JR
11. Deshawn McClease 5-9 190 4.54e Virginia Tech JR Declared
12. Darrynton Evans 5-11 200 4.39e Appalachian State JR Declared
13. A.J. Dillon 6-0 250 4.58e Boston College JR Declared
14. Clyde Edwards-Helaire 5-8 209 4.50e LSU JR
15. Anthony McFarland 5-9 198 4.45e Maryland RSO Declared
16. Joshua Kelley 5-11 215 4.54e UCLA SR
17. Ke'Shawn Vaughn 5-10 218 4.45e Vanderbilt SR
18. Salvon Ahmed 5-11 193 4.39e Washington JR Declared
19. Michael Warren 5-11 222 4.56e Cincinnati JR Declared
20. Javon Leake 6-0 206 4.41e Maryland JR Declared

I could be completely wrong, but I do not see the Chiefs investing in an early round running back with Damien Williams, Darrel Williams, Darwin Thompson and also Elijah McGuire and Mike Weber currently on practice squad.

Big needs are CB, MLB, and so on...

Unlikely, and yes CB, LB and even more so, IOL are needs. Even WR qnd TE2 over RB once Sammy and possibly Robinson are gone. Etienne would be a perfect fit in this offense. As a strictly value proposition though, i would not hate CEH from LSU rounds later. Dude has shown great elusiveness, balance, quickness and vision in several games I saw him play this season.

duncan_idaho 01-14-2020 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrRyan (Post 14723101)
Unlikely, and yes CB, LB and even more so, IOL are needs. Even WR qnd TE2 over RB once Sammy and possibly Robinson are gone. Etienne would be a perfect fit in this offense. As a strictly value proposition though, i would not hate CEH from LSU rounds later. Dude has shown great elusiveness, balance, quickness and vision in several games I saw him play this season.

Yeah, Clyde Edwards-Helaire reminds me a lot of Maurice Jones-Drew. He’s a short, squatty, powerful guy. Might really just be a 3rd down back but has enough power he might be able to carve out a feature back role in the right systems.

Pitt Gorilla 01-14-2020 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14694330)

LDT was very good just last week.

Tribal Warfare 01-16-2020 12:33 AM

FYI guys, Etienne hasn't declared yet

Buehler445 01-16-2020 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 14726927)
FYI guys, Etienne hasn't declared yet

That would be...well, not the path I’d take.

KurtCobain 01-16-2020 11:05 AM

I've liked Akers as the perfect fit for us for a while now.

UChieffyBugger 01-16-2020 02:49 PM

I read an article about Etienne which had comments from his press conference after the LSU game...sounded like he was NOT going back to Clemson..so we'll see. IF he decides to stay he would probably be the number one back off the board and earn more money but I can't see him risking it tbh and I think he'd fit perfectly into our offense. The only question is do they go for it In the second or third round? He's not lasting beyond that imo.

Chris Meck 01-16-2020 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 14699485)

I think you may be overvaluing the position.

I don't think very many teams that DO overvalue running backs will be drafting them this spring (Dallas, Giants, Tenn)

I think you'll see a few go, but I'd just about guarantee that no more than 4 go in the first two rounds.

I could be wrong, but I'd just about bet that even picking at #32 (!!) in the 3rd we could have Benjamin or Akers.

O.city 01-17-2020 02:04 PM

He’s going back to Clemson

pugsnotdrugs19 01-17-2020 02:22 PM

So ****ing stupid. You’re a RB kid. Every extra carry/year is hurting your value.

Tribal Warfare 01-17-2020 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 14730460)
So ****ing stupid. You’re a RB kid. Every extra carry/year is hurting your value.

He may have promised his Mom or other family members that he'll graduate

Chris Meck 01-17-2020 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 14730470)
He may have promised his Mom or other family members that he'll graduate

cool, lots of guys graduate after they leave for the NFL. They go parttime during the offseason and take online classes and stuff.

No need to put another 300 carries on your legs.

Mecca 01-17-2020 02:49 PM

In a year of a ton of backs he's considered a niche back....he may think that he has better value in next years class.

Chris Meck 01-17-2020 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14730556)
In a year of a ton of backs he's considered a niche back....he may think that he has better value in next years class.

It's a HUGE risk.

Tribal Warfare 01-17-2020 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14730518)
cool, lots of guys graduate after they leave for the NFL. They go parttime during the offseason and take online classes and stuff.

No need to put another 300 carries on your legs.

That's the only reason I can assume

Wilson8 01-17-2020 03:20 PM

LSU's QB will be gone so lots of their Junior players are jumping ship. Clemson will still have QB Trevor Lawrence, so it seems like more of their players are staying for one more National Championship try.

Usually though bottom line is money, but I don't see Travis Etienne making more money by staying. He will probably be a 1st or early 2nd round pick either in 2020 or 2021. (If he doesn't get hurt)