ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football ****Official Free Agency Moves Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306501)

raybec 4 04-05-2017 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 12810648)
Looks like he's not getting the offers that he was hoping for. I bet that he ends up taking a 1 year deal somewhere, like Poe did, and tries to improve his value. I would like to see him come to KC, even if it is just a 1 year deal. It buys us time to find the long term answer at ILB.

I'd rather have him than Maualuga. That guy runs like he's carrying a piano.

Chief Northman 04-05-2017 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 12810648)
Looks like he's not getting the offers that he was hoping for. I bet that he ends up taking a 1 year deal somewhere, like Poe did, and tries to improve his value. I would like to see him come to KC, even if it is just a 1 year deal. It buys us time to find the long term answer at ILB.

Agreed.

The more tape I watch of the incoming ILB class, the less I like. Reuben Foster is the only sure thing, and virtually unattainable sitting at #27.

Guys like Cunningham, Davis, McMillan, Walker, Riley, etc. all have limitations to the degree that you question their ability to play 3 downs let alone start. Weaker class than I thought....

The Franchise 04-06-2017 09:56 AM

I think we'll sign either Hodges or Maualuga after the draft (if we don't draft one in the first two days).

RunKC 04-06-2017 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12812045)
I think we'll sign either Hodges or Maualuga after the draft (if we don't draft one in the first two days).

Honestly if Reddick, Davis, Cunningham and McMillan are all gone by our 2nd rd pick, I would go the route you mentioned.

None of the later guys in the draft appeal to me

-King- 04-06-2017 06:20 PM

Quote:

For a guy that's supposedly as good as Hodges is supposed to be, it's weird he hasn't signed to anyone yet. It's not like teams are going to have more money after the draft to sign him to.
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief 04-06-2017 11:06 PM

Quote:

I don't think it matters much where we draft one. More so who we are able to draft.

This isn't a very talented ILB draft, IMO. If the value is never there, they likely won't reach and have these 2 as plan b.

Mr. Laz 04-07-2017 02:08 PM

Hodges must be hoping that some team doesn't have much choice but to overpay him after the draft.

thabear04 04-07-2017 09:02 PM

San Francisco 49ers cornerback Tramaine Brock was arrested on suspicion of felony domestic violence on Thursday night, the Santa Clara (California) Police Dept. announced.

According to police, Brock was arrested a short time after officers responded to a report of a domestic violence incident. Upon arrival, officers found a woman who had visible injuries and learned she was dating Brock

Tramaine Brock released after domestic violence arrest

staylor26 04-13-2017 02:18 PM

The Colts signed Hankins. Bummer.

Simply Red 05-13-2018 01:42 PM

any new things going on? When is the second/final deadline?

Buckweath 05-14-2018 04:11 PM

I don't know if you guys have seen it but it seems like a vast majority of (fantasy) analysts are not high on Sammy Watkins going into next season. I have seen him ranked no higher than low 20s for WRs and many listing him in their low 30s, 40s and I have even seen in the 50s.

And then I see that he finished 32nd last season in what seemed like a terrible year for him, granted he had quite a few TDs.

I feel like it is not out of question that he could surpass Hill this season. I am surprised to see analysts are not high on him. It might be because there is so many mouths to feed to and he will be the no.2 WR but still..

Kiimo 05-14-2018 04:25 PM

It would be a great sleeper if I wasn't in leagues with a bunch of Chiefs fans.

KChiefs1 05-14-2018 08:56 PM

Colts bringing in a lot of safeties for a look.

Why Not? 05-15-2018 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 13556551)
I don't know if you guys have seen it but it seems like a vast majority of (fantasy) analysts are not high on Sammy Watkins going into next season. I have seen him ranked no higher than low 20s for WRs and many listing him in their low 30s, 40s and I have even seen in the 50s.

And then I see that he finished 32nd last season in what seemed like a terrible year for him, granted he had quite a few TDs.

I feel like it is not out of question that he could surpass Hill this season. I am surprised to see analysts are not high on him. It might be because there is so many mouths to feed to and he will be the no.2 WR but still..

Oft-injured, never been seen playing with a great QB(obviously jury is out on PMIII, but he definitely can be better than Goff), #2 WR. Low 20's to low 30's seems like a fair ranking, IMO.