ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****Official 2013-14 Missouri Tiger Football Repository Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271290)

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-18-2013 11:56 PM

****Official 2013-14 Missouri Tiger Football Repository Thread****

We have two things to look forward to this year:

1) The potential beginning of the Maty Mauk Era. Mauk represents the best chance for this program to get back to a level of respectability after horrendous QB play cost us multiple games last year.

2) The last year of the Gary Pinkel era. Pinkel's entrenched cronyism won't play in a conference this competitive, especially if he couples his abysmal gameday coaching with lackadaisical, worst-in-conference recruiting. Pinkel was the formerly adequate meal that has now turned into a four pound bowel obstruction. It's time to jam a Fleet's enema up our collective asses.

Here is the schedule. We dodge Alabama, LSU, and Arkansas in the west and the Non-con is decidedly weaker than years past.

8/31: Murray State
9/7: Toledo
9/21: @ Indiana
9/28: Arkansas State
10/5:@ Vanderbilt
10/12: @ Georgia
10/19:Florida
10/26: South Carolina
11/2:Tennessee
11/9: @ Kentucky
11/23: @ Ole Miss
11/30: aTm

Looks like 6-6. Undefeated in non-con, 2-6 in league play.

I will eventually update the OP with a list of high profile in-state recruits that decide to go elsewhere after a half-assed attempt to gain their services. The inevitable cavalcade of *** rejects, skeezers, skanks, and scalliwags we get will fill out the ranks.

Razors, cyanide capsules, and Jonestown Kool-Aid are available in the break room. Second door on the left.

Since every Mizzou thread eventually dies of AIDS, I recommend starting anti-retroviral therapy immediately. I believe Walgreens covers Express Scripts.

Premium In-State Players:

Roderick Johnson: **** OT, Florissant, MO.
Monte Harrison: **** WR, Lee's Summit, MO.
Jimmy Swain: **** LB, Lee's Summit, MO

Commitment List: From :facepalm: to :hmmm: and possibly PBJ

Spoiler!

KurtCobain 03-19-2013 12:11 AM

I'll go ahead and request a razor.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-19-2013 12:13 AM

Let's speed up the process, I'll give you a rAIDSor

KurtCobain 03-19-2013 12:16 AM

I probably do deserve a painful contraction of aids for my continued support of shit sports teams.

Mizzou_8541 03-19-2013 06:00 AM

Hamas - you can put your first recruiting failure in the OP. Rivals 100 OL Andy Bauer from St. Louis committed to Ole Miss.

CoMoChief 03-19-2013 06:35 AM

Another hilarious selection on non-conf opponents.

OmahaChief 03-19-2013 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 9512989)
Hamas - you can put your first recruiting failure in the OP. Rivals 100 OL Andy Bauer from St. Louis committed to Ole Miss.

This is a huge fail. A position of need, chance to start right away and yet he flees to Ole Miss? Pinkel is a lame duck coach it seems and I would not doubt coach will use this as a recruiting tatic against him.

CoMoChief 03-19-2013 06:43 AM

Quote:

Pinkel's been having trouble getting the high profile in-state kids. That's a must if he's wanting to compete in the SEC. MO isn't a HS recruiting hot bed by any means so you gotta get what you can...and he's been unable to do that. I mean he was able to get DGB and a couple others...but there's a lot of STL talent that he's been unable to snatch up.

DeezNutz 03-19-2013 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmahaChief (Post 9513012)
This is a huge fail. A position of need, chance to start right away and yet he flees to Ole Miss? Pinkel is a lame duck coach it seems and I would not doubt coach will use this as a recruiting tatic against him.

Absolutely. The negative recruiting going on against Pinkel and company has to be impressive to say the least.

For the '14 class, Rivals lists one top-100 player in the state of MO, and Mizzou cannot lock him up? Shameful.

Gary, you built something. Got the program on its feet. But now you need to get the **** out before you reduce it to the rubble it was before you arrived.

Prison Bitch 03-19-2013 08:26 AM

I cannot believe the MU fans, partic the big money alums, are going to tolerate that garbage non-con slate at home. Surely Alden will have hell to pay for that total nonsense.

BourbonMan 03-19-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9513019)
Absolutely. The negative recruiting going on against Pinkel and company has to be impressive to say the least.

For the '14 class, Rivals lists one top-100 player in the state of MO, and Mizzou cannot lock him up? Shameful.

Gary, you built something. Got the program on its feet. But now you need to get the **** out before you reduce it to the rubble it was before you arrived.

I agree, but also disagree. Until we start winning games consistently and start being more competitive, we will not get the highly rated recruits.

patteeu 03-19-2013 08:58 AM

That seems like a really favorable schedule. I sure hope Mauk is enough of a spark plug to energize this team.

duncan_idaho 03-19-2013 09:00 AM

Bauer is a weird case. I know a guy who's close to the family, and apparently he's a gigantic mama's boy.

From that perspective, I guess choosing Ole Miss over Bama or LSU makes sense. Much easier to get from West County to Oxford.

Otherwise, it makes little sense to me, considering the offers this kid had. I know that Pinkel's job security has been a consideration for Bauer in the past.

It's hard to imagine them pulling in a great recruiting class after the disappointing 2012 season.

And I think, ultimately, Pinkel's legacy will be defined by his refusal to upgrade his staff. His stubborn and blind loyalty SEVERELY crippled his upside and ruined some chances for him to win bigger at Missouri.

Keeping guys like Brian Jones, Bruce Walker, Matt Eberflus around is just criminal. Hiring Alex Grinch looks like a disaster.

Prediction: the 2014 recruiting class will end up reminding Missouri fans an awful lot of the 2011 basketball recruiting class...

DJ's left nut 03-19-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9513229)
Bauer is a weird case. I know a guy who's close to the family, and apparently he's a gigantic mama's boy.

From that perspective, I guess choosing Ole Miss over Bama or LSU makes sense. Much easier to get from West County to Oxford.

Otherwise, it makes little sense to me, considering the offers this kid had. I know that Pinkel's job security has been a consideration for Bauer in the past.

It's hard to imagine them pulling in a great recruiting class after the disappointing 2012 season.

And I think, ultimately, Pinkel's legacy will be defined by his refusal to upgrade his staff. His stubborn and blind loyalty SEVERELY crippled his upside and ruined some chances for him to win bigger at Missouri.

Keeping guys like Brian Jones, Bruce Walker, Matt Eberflus around is just criminal. Hiring Alex Grinch looks like a disaster.

Prediction: the 2014 recruiting class will end up reminding Missouri fans an awful lot of the 2011 basketball recruiting class...

Damn.

What's that say about the 2013 recruiting class? Because that thing was a warmed over piece of crap in its own right.

duncan_idaho 03-19-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9513274)
Damn.

What's that say about the 2013 recruiting class? Because that thing was a warmed over piece of crap in its own right.

The amount of OL talent in-state in 2014 is extremely rare and potentially transformational.

It's not just Bauer. Several other guys, including Roderick Johnson.

DJ's left nut 03-19-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9513319)
The amount of OL talent in-state in 2014 is extremely rare and potentially transformational.

It's not just Bauer. Several other guys, including Roderick Johnson.

Ah, I see.

So 2014 will remind us of 2011 basketball whereas 2013 will remind us of 2012 basketball.

They both sucked, but 2011 sucked worse because there was a lot of great talent to be had that we didn't get.

I get it.

OmahaChief 03-19-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9513134)
I cannot believe the MU fans, partic the big money alums, are going to tolerate that garbage non-con slate at home. Surely Alden will have hell to pay for that total nonsense.

I think that fans will understand that schedule considering we play SEC teams the rest of the year. I would think most would be more interested in getting some wins than seeing tough OOC teams come into Columbia considering our failure of a season last year.

duncan_idaho 03-19-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9513335)
Ah, I see.

So 2014 will remind us of 2011 basketball whereas 2013 will remind us of 2012 basketball.

They both sucked, but 2011 sucked worse because there was a lot of great talent to be had that we didn't get.

I get it.

Yeah, that's about it.

Though Pinkel and co. don't have the excuse of coming in late to a new job and recruiting with an NCAA cloud over their heads like Haith and co. did.

2012 basketball class would have included Rodney Purvis if Nevin Shapiro never mentions Frank Haith's name.

Pinkel and co.'s recruiting results are just what you can expect when over 1/2 the staff is average at best at recruiting, and you're carrying at least 3 guys who suck at recruiting (Jones, Walker, Grinch).

I am torn. I want Maty Mauk to be awesome. But I also would almost rather they miss a bowl game this year and just make over the staff and start fresh than suffer through another 3-4 years of Pinkel slide into retirement.

kepp 03-19-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9513441)
Yeah, that's about it.

Though Pinkel and co. don't have the excuse of coming in late to a new job and recruiting with an NCAA cloud over their heads like Haith and co. did.

2012 basketball class would have included Rodney Purvis if Nevin Shapiro never mentions Frank Haith's name.

Pinkel and co.'s recruiting results are just what you can expect when over 1/2 the staff is average at best at recruiting, and you're carrying at least 3 guys who suck at recruiting (Jones, Walker, Grinch).

I am torn. I want Maty Mauk to be awesome. But I also would almost rather they miss a bowl game this year and just make over the staff and start fresh than suffer through another 3-4 years of Pinkel slide into retirement.

I'd vote for this. It would sting, but we would still have two years with Mauk and DGB to get things going with a new staff.

duncan_idaho 03-19-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 9513490)
I'd vote for this. It would sting, but we would still have two years with Mauk and ONE YEAR WITH DGB to get things going with a new staff.

Fixed your post

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-19-2013 12:17 PM

Tried to update with all Mizzou offers, but the server keeps shitting itself.

Here's the skinny: there are a ton of good OL prospects in state this year; we won't get any of them.

DaKCMan AP 03-19-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9512840)
10/19:Florida

When does the NFL schedule get released?

If there's a Chiefs home game 10/20 DaKCMan AP may look into traveling up for both.

bowener 03-19-2013 01:34 PM

Diapers are needed. MU is going to get its shit pushed in all season long. They aren't going to shit right for a year.

Prison Bitch 03-19-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9513961)
Diapers are needed. MU is going to get its shit pushed in all season long. They aren't going to shit right for a year.

:hump:

bowener 03-19-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9513969)

This is going to be an awful ****ing year. Another year of Pinkle, another year of Haith, and now Alex Smith and the true fans. ****.

duncan_idaho 03-19-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9513969)

If we need tips, we'll ask you. You certainly have the experience with it.

Mr_Tomahawk 04-08-2013 10:04 AM

Interesting.

I just found out that before MU got their new turf last season, they had been playing on 99.25 yard field...not 100. [obviously not including endzones, they surveyed out to be regulation.]

Carry on.

kepp 04-08-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9567792)
Interesting.

I just found out that before MU got their new turf last season, they had been playing on 99.25 yard field...not 100. [obviously not including endzones, they surveyed out to be regulation.]

Carry on.

And we still couldn't score from the 5.

BourbonMan 04-08-2013 10:21 AM

COLUMBIA — The questions never stop coming for Henry Josey. It’s been nearly 17 months since he suffered a traumatic knee injury that threatened to end his playing career, and people still can’t help themselves.

How did it feel then? How does the knee feel now? Why aren’t you wearing a brace?
Josey, who spent the entire 2012 season conquering a trying rehab process that has tested his mental and physical limits, has grown weary of the latter question. Josey, a junior running back, figures that with all he’s been through, it must be part of some divine plan, anyway.
“If I’m going to get hurt, I’m going to get hurt,” Josey said. “The brace isn’t going to stop me from getting hurt. When people ask me that question, I just look up at God like, ‘He’s got me.’ I wouldn’t be back out here for no reason, so why would I put a brace on?”
By all accounts, Josey has inspired and surprised coaches and teammates alike with the progress he’s made since he tore the MCL, ACL and patellar tendon in his left knee against Texas in November 2011. And after a year-long wait, he finally got a chance to show his stuff in Missouri’s first scrimmage of the spring on Saturday, as he gained 28 yards on eight carries.
But the scrimmage — a full-contact affair which the defense won 24-10 — was not about stats or even the final score, at least for Josey. It was about regaining his mojo.
“Honestly, I didn’t know what to expect,” Missouri coach Gary Pinkel said of Josey’s recovery. “But he’s really close.”
To what? According to Pinkel — who says Josey recently ran a 4.4 40-yard dash — the 5-foot-10, 190-pounder from Angleton, Tex., isn’t that far away from resembling the back that took Columbia by storm in 2011, when he came off the bench to rush for 1,168 yards and nine touchdowns on 145 carries (a ridiculous average of 8.1 yards per rush).
“By the season, I would expect him to be (back to normal), based on what I see now,” Pinkel said.
He showed flashes of it on Saturday. His trademark burst shone through on his first carry of the day, a 15-yard run that drew yells from his teammates. He also showed agility, stopping and starting and cutting off the knee with little hesitation. And he showed the ability to take a hit, repeatedly popping up off the ground after.
“It was like old times,” Josey said afterward. “I’ve been waiting for this moment.”
So has Pinkel, whose affection for Josey becomes evident whenever someone brings up the back’s arduous journey back to the field.
“He’s just a really special person,” Pinkel said of Josey. “The stories of (linebacker) Will Ebner sleeping in the hospital with him for three straight weeks every night, putting sugar or salt on his food and putting milk in his cereal … then the multiple surgeries — (it) was as bad an injury as you can have. But his attitude has been remarkable.”
Josey remembers sleeping only two hours in the 24 hours after he got hurt, the pain of the injury and the nagging question of why it happened to him almost too much to bear. He often wondered if he’d ever play football again, let alone return to being the player he once was.
“They were telling me I was going to play again, but that was the last thing on my mind,” said Josey, who had his doubts. “I just felt like I was in a dream. I found myself asking why.
“You always ask yourself — why? Why? Why me?” Josey said.
But Josey credits his teammates and coaching staff — particularly team physician Pat Smith and trainer Rex Sharp — for helping him overcome those negative thoughts.
“It took me a while to get out of that state of mind,” Josey said. “I had a lot of support … it took me a while to get up on my own and actually do something for myself. But once I did that a couple months after, I finally started dealing with the rehab. So I’m here now, and I’m blessed to be here.”
He’s back, he says, a changed man, one who has since learned to rely on his faith and trust in God.
“What I went through is a big lesson for me about taking a lot of things for granted,” Josey said. “That fast, He can take it from you. He took it from me that fast, and I didn’t know how I was going to live without (football). (But) just believing in God like I needed to and showing how I’m in love with Him and my faith, that just brought it all back and made things easier.”
This revelation has also come with another; an answer to the question why the injury happened to him in the first place. To inspire others, including Pinkel.
“Coming back from something so bad, that’s negative, that’s a positive now … it’s an inspiration for a lot of people, not just him,” Josey said of Pinkel.
But make no mistake about it. Josey is grateful to be back for himself. So grateful, in fact, that he jokes he doesn’t complain about anything anymore. And whenever a notable athlete — such as South Carolina running back Marcus Lattimore or Louisville basketball player Kevin Ware — suffers a knee injury, he feels for them, because he knows how it feels, and he knows the journey back isn’t an easy one.
Thing is, Josey’s isn’t done yet. There will be plenty more work to put in, plenty more questions about the state of his knee. But you’d be hard-pressed to find anyone who isn’t rooting for him.
“It’s a great story,” Pinkel said. “And by the end of next season, I want it to be a remarkable story.”

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/04/06...#storylink=cpy

BourbonMan 04-08-2013 10:24 AM

COLUMBIA – — There’s still a long way to go in Missouri’s three-man quarterback derby, obviously, but redshirt freshman Maty Mauk on Saturday showed some of the promise that made him a highly touted prospect in the Class of 2012.

In the Tigers’ first scrimmage of the spring, Mauk completed 11 of 19 passes for a team-high 140 yards. He also showed a willingness to scramble out of the pocket — he ran for a team-best 81 yards on eight carries — and finished with a touchdown rushing, a touchdown passing and an interception.
“Maty’s mobility, that’s just kind of the way he is; that’s a part of his makeup,” said Tigers coach Gary Pinkel. “He’s got great feet, he can run, he’s got good speed. You can buy time and extend the play and make things happen.”
Pinkel added that Mauk has a tendency to always want to make the big play, which sometimes leads to mistakes. But quarterbacks coach Andy Hill said there’s a fine line between helping a player and stifling his creativity, and the staff is conscious of that with Mauk.
“He’s smart enough to know if it’s there or not,” Hill said. “I think when you do have a good set of legs as a quarterback, you do have a tendency to want to get out quicker than normal. But I think he stays in the pocket pretty well.”
Mauk is competing this spring against incumbent James Franklin, who completed 13 of 22 passes for 115 yards, a touchdown and an interception on Saturday. His touchdown pass, a 25-yard strike to a streaking Dorial Green-Beckham down the sideline, came just moments after his interception, which pleased Hill.
Redshirt freshman Corbin Berkstresser, the other man in the three-way competition, completed eight of 22 passes for 52 yards.
Hill said all three players shared the same number of reps with the first-team offense. And though he was pleased with some of the things they did, he noted that as a group, his quarterbacks were not as “sharp” as they had been in recent practices.
“There were flashes of very good things,” Hill said. “But at the same time, we’re going to be judged by how many times we turn the ball over. And all three of the guys made decisions where you’d want them to have the ball back. We’ve been better than that in our practices up to this point, so it’s kind of disappointing today that we had so many turnovers.”
Tempo a key in new offense
Saturday’s scrimmage provided the first glimpse of what Missouri’s offense will look like under new coordinator Josh Henson. There was a clear emphasis placed on increasing the tempo, as plays seemed to be called faster and players got to the line quicker than they did last year.
“It’s a huge change,” said redshirt freshman linebacker Michael Scherer. “The tempo, it will get to you defensively ... you get out there, and maybe the first two plays you’re alright. And then you’re out there huffing and puffing. When they go tempo, it will be a good thing for our offense.”
There were also very few empty sets — a staple of last year’s offense — in the scrimmage. The MU quarterback was often flanked by a running back and four receivers, with one being a tight end split out wide.
Speaking of Scherer …
One player who made a pair of standout plays on defense was Scherer, who intercepted two passes. On the first, he came down with the ball after cornerback John Gibson tipped it into the air. On the second, he said he read Franklin’s eyes and broke on the ball.
Scherer, who was third on the depth chart at middle linebacker (behind seniors Andrew Wilson and Michael Brennan) entering the spring, said he’s striving to earn his coaches’ trust so he can see some playing time in the team’s base packages.
“I’ve got to work on with my coverage,” Scherer said. “I had a pretty good day today in zone, but my man coverage needs to improve a lot.”
O-line takes shape
The first-team offensive line looked like this: Evan Boehm at center, Connor McGovern and Max Copeland at guard and Justin Britt and Mitch Morse at tackle. Ole Miss transfer Mitch Hall, a sophomore, rotated in for Copeland on the left side while sophomore Brad McNulty rotated in for McGovern.
Medical report
With senior Randy Ponder sitting out due to injury, sophomore David Johnson and redshirt freshman John Gibson rotated at first-team cornerback opposite senior E.J. Gaines. All three finished with two pass breakups apiece.
• Redshirt freshman linebacker Torey Boozer and senior tight end Eric Waters also sat out with injuries.

MISSOURI SCRIMMAGE STATS
(For Saturday, April 6)
DEFENSE 24, OFFENSE 10
SCORING PLAYS
•Greg White 27 run
•Maty Mauk 13 run
•Dorial Green-Beckham 25 pass from James Franklin
•Miles Drummond 30 pass from Maty Mauk
PASSING
Maty Mauk – 11-19, 140 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT
James Franklin – 13-22, 115 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT
Corbin Berkstresser – 8-22, 52 yards
Eddie Printz, Jr. – 6-7, 47 yards
Trent Hosick – 3-7, 14 yards
RUSHING
M. Mauk – 8 carries, 81 yards, 1 TD
Greg White – 4 carries, 42 yards, 1 TD
Marcus Murphy – 7 carries, 38 yards
Tyler Hunt – 8 carries, 28 yards
Henry Josey – 8 carries, 28 yards
Morgan Steward – 5 carries, 24 yards
Russell Hansbrough – 3 carries, 19 yards
Andrew Stevens – 2 carries, 7 yards
Miles Drummond – 3 carries, 5 yards
C. Berkstresser – 1 carry, 2 yards
J. Franklin – 1 carry, 0 yards
RECEIVING
Dorial Green-Beckham – 7 catches, 82 yards, 1 TD
Levi Copelin – 5 catches, 31 yards
Sheldon Gerau – 4 catches, 17 yards
L’Damian Washington – 3 catches, 20 yards
M. Drummond – 2 catches, 38 yards, 1 TD
Marcus Lucas – 2 catches, 27 yards
James Driskell – 2 catches, 11 yards
Tyler Hanneke – 2 catches, 11 yards
Brandon Colbert – 2 catches, 8 yards
Jimmie Hunt – 1 catch, 28 yards
Sean Culkin – 1 catch, 20 yards
Darius White – 1 catch, 17 yards
R. Hansbrough – 1 catch, 12 yards
Wesley Leftwich – 1 catch, 12 yards
Jaleel Clark – 1 catch, 10 yards
T. Hunt – 1 catch, 10 yards
M. Murphy – 1 catch, 6 yards
Bud Sasser – 1 catch, 6 yards
Gavin Otte – 1 catch, 1 yard
Andrew Stevens – 1 catch, 1 yard
Morgan Steward – 1 catch, 0 yards
FIELD GOALS
Andrew Baggett – 1-2, make from 26, miss from 45
Blake Owens – 1-1, make from 43
Nick Coffman – 0-1, miss from 26
INTERCEPTIONS
Michael Scherer – 2 for no gain
TACKLES FOR LOSS
Kentrell Brothers – 1
Matt Hoch – 1
Keric Lickerman – 1
Steven Mack – 1
Michael Sam – 1
Andrew Wilson – 1
SACKS
Matt Hoch – 1.5
Michael Sam 1.5
Markus Golden – 1
PASS BREAKUPS
E.J. Gaines – 2
John Gibson – 2
David Johnson – 2
David Sowell – 2
Brayden Burnett – 1
Kony Ealy –1
Daniel Easterly – 1
RECOVERED FUMBLES
Michael Sam – 1
FORCED FUMBLES
Michael Sam – 1

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/04/06...#storylink=cpy

BlackHelicopters 04-08-2013 10:51 AM

Ice pick please.

DJ's left nut 04-08-2013 10:56 AM

I'm fairly certain that Berkstresser really does suck.

pkane 04-08-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9567918)
I'm fairly certain that Berkstresser really does suck.

Yup.

I think they will make Franklin the starter but Mauk as the #2. Should be a short leash on Franklin.

BlackHelicopters 04-08-2013 11:00 AM

Franklin has nice hips and a nice wrist.

Frazod 04-08-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pkane (Post 9567928)
Yup.

I think they will make Franklin the starter but Mauk as the #2. Should be a short leash on Franklin.

I don't even want Franklin on the sidelines passing out Gatoraid. Holy shit, Tiger Cassel needs to GTFO. 4321

rageeumr 04-08-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9567932)
I don't even want Franklin on the sidelines passing out Gatoraid. Holy shit, Tiger Cassel needs to GTFO. 4321

Sadly, this.

I think James Franklin is probably a really good dude.

But if Mauk isn't good enough to win the starting spot convincingly, we're in even deeper shit than I feared.

Frazod 04-08-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rageeumr (Post 9567941)
Sadly, this.

I think James Franklin is probably a really good dude.

But if Mauk isn't good enough to win the starting spot convincingly, we're in even deeper shit than I feared.

I think we're ****ed until Pinkel is flushed regardless.

KurtCobain 04-09-2013 07:04 AM

FIRE PINKEL & HAITH FOR BETTER TOMORROW -saveourtigers.com

BourbonMan 04-10-2013 09:03 AM

COLUMBIA — After starting all 13 games at left tackle as a sophomore in 2011, it’s safe to say Missouri senior Justin Britt didn’t see the 2012 season unfolding for him the way it did.

“You see someone go down with an ACL or something like that and you say no, that will never happen to me - I’ve never had an injury in my life,” Britt said. “And then I have two surgeries in one year, so it can happen.”
The first came last summer, when Britt opened preseason camp in a boot due to a foot fracture he suffered during conditioning. He returned for the season opener and proceeded to start Missouri’s first nine games at right tackle until he was lost for the season when he tore his ACL against Florida.
“Some people take it harder than others,” said the 6-foot-6, 320-pound Britt. “The first couple of days were hard on me. Then I realized it’s not the end of the world, I still had another year, things could still work out as planned. So I stayed in Columbia over the Christmas break, and I was here everyday with (trainers) Rex (Sharp) and Casey (Hairston). I haven’t skipped a day…and they’ve been awesome.”
The hard work has paid off, too. Britt rejoined his team on the practice field last week, and got some action in the Tigers’ first scrimmage of the spring on Saturday.
“It was good to get (him) out there,” said Missouri coach Gary Pinkel. “He’s still rusty.”
Britt knew this would be the case – he even said so before the scrimmage, when he estimated his knee was feeling about 80 or 90 percent.
“I do have to improve a lot,” Britt said, “but that’s expected after not playing football for a while.”
Regardless, Britt is excited to be back at left tackle, where he feels most comfortable. He moved to the right side last season to accommodate Elvis Fisher – a four-year starter who missed all of 2011 with a knee injury – and though he was beaten a few times, was generally happy with the way he performed.
In last year’s offensive scheme – which featured plenty of five-wide and empty sets – Britt and Fisher were often asked to hold up on the edge with little help against some of the biggest, most athletic defensive linemen the country has to offer. That includes South Carolina star Jadeveon Clowney, who jumped into the nation’s consciousness with this hit in the Gamecocks’ bowl win over Michigan.
“We battled for a half before he got his first sack,” Britt said of Missouri’s 31-10 loss to the Gamecocks last September. “It definitely was a learning experience…I went into it as a challenge, and I think I did well.
“I feel a lot more confident this year. My knee is feeling stronger and stronger, more strong than it was.”
Now, Britt – and his coaches – hope he's ready to build on that experience.
“Left tackle is where I’ve wanted to be since I came here, and once again I’m back,” Britt said. “Let’s hope it stays that way.”

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/04/09...#storylink=cpy

BourbonMan 04-10-2013 09:04 AM

MISSOURI SPRING FOOTBALL NOTES
•Missouri’s ongoing quarterback competition between senior James Franklin, sophomore Corbin Berkstresser and freshman Maty Mauk continues to intensify, with Mauk surpassing Berkstresser for No. 2 in Tuesday’s pre-practice stretch lines, an indication of the current depth chart.
The switch was likely a result of the first scrimmage of the spring on Saturday, which Mauk starred in while Berkstresser struggled.
However, Missouri coach Gary Pinkel quickly shot down the notion Tuesday that any of the quarterbacks had separated themselves from the pack.
“I don’t discuss evaluations in the spring,” Pinkel said. “We’ll just see where it goes…that kind of competition, that’s our business right now, nobody else’s business. I don’t know where it’s going to end up, and that’s OK. We’ve got three talented guys competing, and I’m in no rush to make a decision. Generally, it takes care of itself. We will set the depth chart after spring ball.”
•Pinkel went out of his way Tuesday to state that several young players have shown enough growth this offseason to emerge as possible contributors. Two of them, it appears, are sophomore guard Connor McGovern and sophomore cornerback David Johnson, both of whom he praised for their rapid improvement.
“This is the time of year when you see young players…and you say, this guy is close to being ready to play,” Pinkel said. “It’s nice to see we’ve got a lot of guys that fall into that category. It makes you sleep a little better…you normally have four or five. I think we have 10 or 11 now. Other than learning plays and the system, that’s what spring practice is about.”
•Pinkel said freshman tight end Sean Culkin, who wore a red non-contact jersey, has a hip pointer, while senior tight end Eric Waters has a foot injury.
“Other than the tight end position, we’re pretty healthy,” Pinkel said.
Pinkel noted that walk-on sophomore Clayton Echard, who is listed at 6 feet 5 and 260 pounds, has moved from defensive end to tight end. With Waters and Culkin as the only scholarship tight ends on the roster, Pinkel had previously said Missouri will need to find a third tight end somewhere, whether it be incoming freshman Jason Reese (who will arrive this summer) or someone like Echard, who has apparently impressed Pinkel.
“He runs well and he’s 257 (pounds),” Pinkel said. “He caught the ball well and I was stunned. We’re looking at different options.”

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/04/09...#storylink=cpy

warpaint* 04-10-2013 09:28 AM

It's a slow burn.
6-6 or 7-5 is easily attainable w/ this schedule and given the way MU and Alden operate that means yet another underwhelming season for Pinkel.
It's a very depressing time as a fan for me. Little hope now and little hope for the future under this regime.

BourbonMan 04-10-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 9574369)
It's a slow burn.
6-6 or 7-5 is easily attainable w/ this schedule and given the way MU and Alden operate that means yet another underwhelming season for Pinkel.
It's a very depressing time as a fan for me. Little hope now and little hope for the future under this regime.

I agree, but you never know what might happen....If we do end up with another 6-6 or 7-5 record...Pinkel should be gone and probably Alden too.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-11-2013 04:14 PM

duncan_idaho, the Mercury of MU football, just informed me that it's best to not even look at Mizzou recruiting this year...it will be that bad.

warpaint* 04-11-2013 04:23 PM

Yep. It's gonna be slow until the fall and the teams on field success will drive any kind of recruiting successes we may have. So don't hold yer breath.

There is a rumor flying around we got a commitment today from a ESL safety named Greg Taylor.

BourbonMan 04-12-2013 09:20 AM

COLUMBIA — Lucas Vincent was frustrated and angry, two emotions he’s dealt with plenty over the last nine months or so. He needed to vent, so like so many other people his age, he took to Twitter.

“I can’t afford to have another day like today,” Vincent typed. “THIS IS MY YEAR DAMN IT.”
This happened shortly after Missouri’s first spring football scrimmage Saturday. Vincent, a junior defensive tackle from Olathe North, remained atop the depth chart, but his performance fell short of his own expectations, which have grown after a disappointing 2012 season in which he endured a painful chest injury and lost his starting job.
“I wasn’t making enough plays, so I wasn’t happy with myself,” Vincent said. “I set myself at a really high standard, and if I don’t go out and achieve that standard, I’m not going to be satisfied with myself.”
The fact Vincent, 6 feet 2 and 295 pounds, expects so much is a good thing for Missouri, which needs to replace standout defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson, a projected first-round NFL Draft pick.
“I have a high expectation level for him — I want him to think of overachieving,” Missouri coach Gary Pinkel said of Vincent. “That’s kind of my push with him. He’s got a lot more in him than what we’re getting, but we’re seeing a lot more now, and that’s good.”
Particularly after last season. Vincent entered spring practice as the starter, but sophomore Matt Hoch flew past him on the depth chart in the summer. In July, Vincent suffered a torn pectoral muscle while bench pressing.
“It just felt like a knife with an electric current cut me from under my armpit all the way to the top of my shoulder,” Vincent said of the injury. “I could tell how bad it was, the way (trainer) Rex (Sharp) was looking.”
Vincent healed in time to play in 12 games, but he only made three tackles in limited action behind the gifted Richardson and ever-improving Hoch, who finished with 36 tackles and two sacks.
“I’m really glad (about) the way Matt played,” Vincent said. “He came into his own. In the same way, it was frustrating for me … I felt like it was my turn. But it was Matt’s.”
Hoch is expected to start again at one tackle spot. But Vincent has done everything he can to make sure nothing will derail him in a competition with talented redshirt freshman Harold Brantley for Richardson’s spot. Vincent’s bench press is around 440 pounds and rising — he could lift 500 pounds before his injury — and he is also working on his hand strength and placement.
“I’ve got (guys) at my heels, so I’ve just got to keep going,” Vincent said. “Harold is a great athlete — he’s going to be good here. Marvin (Foster) is a senior, it’s his last year so of course he’s motivated. So I’ve got to set myself apart from them.”
Pinkel has repeatedly spoken highly of Brantley, an athletic 6-3, 292-pounder from Hershey, Pa., who says he played running back, defensive line and even returned kicks at around 275 pounds in high school.
“I don’t think the surprise came until they saw me running full-speed,” Brantley said of his high school opponents. “They were like ‘Yeah, they’ll put a big guy back there to break a few tackles.’ But in the open field, I’ve got a little boost.”
Brantley said he’s been begging Missouri’s coaches for a chance to play fullback — “I don’t think that’s going to happen,” he said with a laugh — but is serious about overtaking Vincent for the starting position at defensive tackle.
“He’s definitely a big strong guy,” Brantley said of Vincent. “And people don’t know it, but he’s pretty fast, too. It won’t be easy … we’re both fighting for the No. 1 spot, and that’s going to make each of us better.”
Both players are clearly embracing the challenge.
“I want to be talked about the same way they talk about Sheldon,” Vincent said. “This is my time.”

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/04/11...#storylink=cpy

BourbonMan 04-12-2013 09:21 AM

Pinkel on Hoch and Brantley

Missouri coach Gary Pinkel says defensive tackle is a concern this season, because after all, you can’t really replace a surefire first-round NFL Draft pick in Sheldon Richardson.
But Pinkel speaks highly of returning starter Matt Hoch, a 6-foot-5, 295-pounder who finished 2012 with 36 tackles and two sacks and will be counted on to be more of a playmaker this year.
“Matt Hoch is a different player right now, an entirely different player than he was last year,” Pinkel said. “He’s playing at a whole different level, and losing a guy like Sheldon, that’s certainly a plus for us.”
Pinkel is also high on the potential of redshirt freshman Harold Brantley, who Pinkel says could have played last year but redshirted because of the Tigers’ depth.
“I think everybody can see he’s got a lot of ability,” Pinkel said. “He’s got great speed and quickness for a defensive lineman.”
While initially stunned by the staff’s decision to redshirt him last season, Brantley said he eventually embraced his role on the scout team and used it to improve as a player.
“It hurt me at first, especially because I come from a little town (where) I play three sports and I’m good at all of them … and then I come here and they tell me I’m not good enough to play, I have to be on scout team,” Brantley said. “But I talked to some people, some of the older guys, and they helped me. It’s all in how you look at it. It was just a year I could get better, a year for me to work and get stronger and I think I did it.”
Brantley said he has improved his bench press from around 340 pounds to 420 since he arrived at Missouri, and is ready for the challenge of filling Richardson’s shoes.
“Everybody wants to be the next big guy, the next big name to fill Sheldon’s spot,” Brantley said. “I don’t think anybody can fill his spot right away — I think it’s going to take us working together on the D-line. But it definitely makes it more fun, more competitive.”

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/04/11...#storylink=cpy

duncan_idaho 04-12-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9578614)
duncan_idaho, the Mercury of MU football, just informed me that it's best to not even look at Mizzou recruiting this year...it will be that bad.

If they start the year well, things might start changing in October or so...

But falling flat in year 1 and keeping the same crappy recruiting coaching staff largely intact have made things ugly.

Also have heard some things that indicate the staff is being, perhaps, too honest with potential recruits about the staff's long-term prospects in Columbia, and that this has scared some guys off.

DJ's left nut 04-12-2013 10:31 AM

I'm still at a loss for how one pisses away every drop of momentum gained from the move into the SEC and the DGB recruiting coup.

It's just inconceivable to me that you can get zero bump from that a mere 14 months later.

This staff is just awful.

warpaint* 04-12-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9580192)
If they start the year well, things might start changing in October or so...

But falling flat in year 1 and keeping the same crappy recruiting coaching staff largely intact have made things ugly.

Also have heard some things that indicate the staff is being, perhaps, too honest with potential recruits about the staff's long-term prospects in Columbia, and that this has scared some guys off.

I've read some of that but I'm not sure I believe it. Other coaching staffs using it, no question. But it's counter-intuitive to think kids are getting it from our guys. I would imagine they're all roses, sunshine, and pixie dust about how things are

duncan_idaho 04-12-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 9580365)
I've read some of that but I'm not sure I believe it. Other coaching staffs using it, no question. But it's counter-intuitive to think kids are getting it from our guys. I would imagine they're all roses, sunshine, and pixie dust about how things are

What I heard was from a family friend of a fairly prominent recruit. Wasn't something I read.

warpaint* 04-12-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9580452)
What I heard was from a family friend of a fairly prominent recruit. Wasn't something I read.

:hmmm:

That doesn't make sense to me why someone on our staff would say that

In fact if what you were told is true it's idiotic

Thanks for sharing

duncan_idaho 04-12-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 9580494)
:hmmm:

That doesn't make sense to me why someone on our staff would say that

In fact if what you were told is true it's idiotic

Thanks for sharing

Agreed. This was worthy of instantly firing the coach, in my opinion.

warpaint* 04-12-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9580543)
Agreed. This was worthy of instantly firing the coach, in my opinion.

Uhhh....ya. Absolutely. Might as well be trying to talk him out of committing to play for your employer. A defeatist attitude breads defeat when the battle has hardly begun.

DJ's left nut 04-12-2013 12:27 PM

Wait a minute....this is secretly brilliant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crony coach that is soon to be fired

"Yeah, everyone on this coaching staff is shockingly bad at our jobs around here. Our coach is a hard-headed jackass that hires cronies. Our OC is an under-qualified power-lifting coach. Our DC believes he can coach with the same complexity he would coach a HS team, but there's definite good news. We've gone into the most powerful conference in the country. We're expanding our stadium. We're building up the weight rooms, training complexes, all that neat stuff.

Really - there's one downside to the University of Missouri. Us. How the hell else could a team with this much talent have somehow missed a bowl? It certainly isn't the facilities or the prestige that comes from being in the SEC. Nope - it's raw incompetence from the coaches and we'll all be gone soon. Once Gary, myself and the rest of the hideously overmatched coaches on this squad get broomed and we go full Arkansas, there will be energy and opportunity unmatched in the history of this program.

So come to Mizzou! Where the idiots that are holding you down - namely me and my peers - will all be gone soon enough!"

It's just crazy enough to work...

DJ's left nut 04-12-2013 12:33 PM

Seriously - isn't that how you would recruit a top guy if he had a car break down and was just sitting in your living room?

"Look, Andy Bauer, I know Pinkel and crew are ****wits. But seriously - just stick it out for one more year. You'll have a red-shirt year and in 2014 the whole staff will be new, competent and ready to mold you into an NFL superstar...."

Given the 'strengths' of this coaching staff and how impossible it would be to sell them on these lame-duck idiots over the actual competent, qualified staffs in the SEC, they might as well recruit against themselves in the hopes that the talent they bring in serves to drag them to an 8 win season despite themselves.

duncan_idaho 04-12-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9580580)
Wait a minute....this is secretly brilliant.

It's just crazy enough to work...

Methinks the coach in question might have been attempting to better situate himself for life after Mizzou. He's one of the few that other coaches actually want on staff.

DJ's left nut 04-12-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9580595)
Methinks the coach in question might have been attempting to better situate himself for life after Mizzou. He's one of the few that other coaches actually want on staff.

Well...until they find out that he negatively recruits his own employers, anyway.

Wait, nevermind. This is the SEC. Saban and the ol' ball coach will give him an attaboy and a pay raise.

But for the record, I still think my idea has merit.

Pepe Silvia 04-12-2013 01:34 PM

Pinkel needs to go yesterday. I have no hope for the future with this stubborn drunkin' mule in charge. Watching his spread offense against an SEC defense is cringing.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-12-2013 01:52 PM

All of these roaches scurrying from the light are dragging down the entire program because Alden knows that if he unloads a can of Raid on their ass he's doing it to himself as well.

The board should be intelligent enough to see this.

warpaint* 04-12-2013 02:03 PM

Although he needs to be (yesterday), I don't believe Alden's getting fired regardless of Pinkel's fate 7-8 months from now.

Pepe Silvia 04-13-2013 12:34 AM

Never liked Alden either, he can take a ****ing hike as well.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-13-2013 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 9580738)
Although he needs to be (yesterday), I don't believe Alden's getting fired regardless of Pinkel's fate 7-8 months from now.

He used every drop of remaining capital he had to bring in Haith. Given the disappointment of that hire, and the publicity brought by the SEC move, how could he survive three straight years of declining-stagnant performance in football?

Jerm 04-13-2013 12:52 AM

Be interesting to see what kind of coach they target once Pinkel is inevitably fired...and I believe that happens after this season.

warpaint* 04-13-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9582517)
He used every drop of remaining capital he had to bring in Haith. Given the disappointment of that hire, and the publicity brought by the SEC move, how could he survive three straight years of declining-stagnant performance in football?

I am not an Alden fan. I just don't get the feeling his seat is remotely warm w/ respect to GP. He's been there long enough many fans view the tenure as a success overall and aren't going to blame MA bc his run is done as it happens to every coach eventually.

Haith flaming out will get him canned but there are plenty of fans that at this time based primarily off last season think he's a good coach and he's escaping trouble w/ the NCAA to boot. Another underwhelming/declining hoops season will turn up the heat IMO.

Pepe Silvia 04-13-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Seriously, why the **** is everyone committing to Ole Miss all of a sudden? Cheating mother****ers.

BourbonMan 04-20-2013 06:30 PM

COLUMBIA — While evaluating the state of his football program after a largely disappointing 2012 season, Missouri coach Gary Pinkel received some interesting feedback from his returning players.

“They’d like our leaders to say more,” said Pinkel, whose Tigers finished 5-7 last year.

So in response, Pinkel put an emphasis on vocal leadership this offseason by holding meetings with the individual classes.

“We (went over) some concepts and fundamentals of teaching skills and vocal leadership,” Pinkel said, “so if you don’t want to lead vocally, guess what — we need you to lead and this is how you do it. And we’ve never done that before. So I think it’s something that’s very favorable.”

Two players the staff will surely be looking at, specifically, to become more vocal are Kansas City-area seniors Andrew Wilson and E.J. Gaines.

Gaines, a cornerback from Fort Osage, and Wilson, a linebacker from Raymore-Peculiar, have been two of the MU defense’s most productive players since they arrived on campus, and are slated to be three-year starters this fall. But while Wilson has opened eyes with his bone-crushing hits and Gaines has done the same with his overall coverage skills, neither has a reputation for being a chatterbox on or off the field.

Now might be a good time for Wilson. After spending the last two seasons at middle and strong-side linebacker, he finally assumes the full-time role in the middle, where he feels most comfortable and immediately becomes the voice of the defense.

“He doesn’t talk as much as some guys I’ve had,” defensive coordinator and linebackers coach Dave Steckel said, “but he talks more than others.”

Steckel added that Wilson has done a good job of talking and setting the defense, but Wilson knows he must start leading off the field as well.

“I tried to talk a little bit last year, but you don’t want to be overbearing with some of the older guys,” Wilson said.

But now that he has seniority, Wilson feels ready to help assume the leadership mantle left by Sean Weatherspoon, Jacquies Smith, William Moore, Ziggy Hood and Kenji Jackson, all of whom Wilson named specifically as players who showed him how to lead.

“I think there’s a fine line between talking too much and not talking enough, and I’m just trying to balance that line and say what needs to be said when it needs to be said,” Wilson said. “It’s easy to lead when everything is going good, but when adversity hits, that’s when you’ve really got to lead.”

To that end, cornerback coach Cornell Ford said Gaines will be charged with the same duty, just by nature of his talent — Ford sees Gaines as a future pro — and impressive practice habits, which Pinkel is fond of praising.

“He had a great year, one of the best years for a defensive back I’ve seen since I’ve been here,” Ford said of Gaines’ 2012 season. “But if anything, he’ll have more on his plate this year. He’s a very competitive guy, but quiet. He’s always been a leader by example, but we need him to be a more vocal leader this year.”

Gaines, who said he received a fourth-round grade from the NFL Draft advisory board, elected to come back to school to finish up his degree and work on some of the finer points of his game, such as zone coverage, ball skills and technique. But among his goals for 2013 — which include becoming a first-round pick and all-conference player — is rising to the challenge of being a vocal leader for a team that very much needs it.

“We have all kinds of leaders on the team,” Gaines said. “We need to be more consistent, and that falls on the seniors’ shoulders.

“Now it’s our turn to be vocal and lead our team to more wins.”

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/04/19...#storylink=cpy

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-21-2013 10:12 AM

Sounds like Mauk played like hammered ass and Berkstresser was Berkstresser. As a result, the job is securely Franklin's until he gets a piece of apple skin between his teeth and can't play due to the pain.

Pepe Silvia 04-21-2013 03:43 PM

This season is going to be horrible. Kentucky will even be able to out coach and out recruit them. All I have to say is Missouri better make a homerun hire in football after Pinkel is gone or football might be done in Columbia for a looooong time.

BourbonMan 04-24-2013 12:38 PM

Missouri coach Gary Pinkel revealed his depth chart at quarterback Wednesday during the Southeastern Conference spring coaches teleconference.

After the Tigers’ spring practices ended Saturday with the annual Black & Gold Game, Pinkel said senior James Franklin would be listed No. 1 followed by redshirt freshman Maty Mauk and redshirt sophomore Corbin Berkstresser on the post-spring depth chart.
Franklin, who completed nine of 15 passes for 80 yards in the spring game, made eight starts in an injury-plagued junior season in which he threw for 1,562 passing yards and 10 touchdowns.
Mauk completed only six of 17 passes for 72 yards and two interceptions and Berkstresser, who backed up Franklin last season and made four starts, completed nine of 18 passes for 93 yards.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/04/24...#storylink=cpy

bowener 04-24-2013 01:00 PM

God, we're ****ed. Why am I a fan of these teams?

kepp 04-24-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9620745)
God, we're ****ed. Why am I a fan of these teams?

I'm just glad I don't follow baseball, because then I'd have to put up with the Royals also.

Sully 04-24-2013 01:37 PM

Lets wait two years, sell our soul to the devil, and hire Chip Kelly.

siberian khatru 04-24-2013 02:00 PM

Journalism musical chairs:

Dave Matter leaving Columbia Trib to replace Vahe covering MU sports at Post-Dispatch

kepp 04-24-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9620902)
Journalism musical chairs:

Dave Matter leaving Columbia Trib to replace Vahe covering MU sports at Post-Dispatch

That could be helpful to have more positive coverage in St. Louis.

DJ's left nut 04-24-2013 04:54 PM

Well that sucks. Matter was actually good.

duncan_idaho 05-14-2013 11:11 AM

Couple of recruits committed last night.

OL from the KS of KC metro. Decent enough prospect.

The second is a tiny DB/WR/RB from Tennessee that was viewed as a backup plan by Memphis.

It's bad, folks.

Good news is that I heard some good things about the next coaching targets and big boosters' willingness to spend over the weekend.

Worst case scenario: Pinkel wins 7 in regular season and the bowl game. They will stay with him in that case.

6 or less, and he's out.

8 or more, and he's obviously still in.

It seems the divorce wiped out some serious cash reserves for him, so he might stick around longer to build those back up.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-14-2013 11:34 PM

I saw Elvis Fisher and another MU OL at TGI Friday's on Saturday. As I left I moved swiftly by Elvis' left shoulder, just like most SEC DL.

Jerm 05-15-2013 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9681531)
Couple of recruits committed last night.

OL from the KS of KC metro. Decent enough prospect.

The second is a tiny DB/WR/RB from Tennessee that was viewed as a backup plan by Memphis.

It's bad, folks.

Good news is that I heard some good things about the next coaching targets and big boosters' willingness to spend over the weekend.

Worst case scenario: Pinkel wins 7 in regular season and the bowl game. They will stay with him in that case.

6 or less, and he's out.

8 or more, and he's obviously still in.

It seems the divorce wiped out some serious cash reserves for him, so he might stick around longer to build those back up.

When Pinkel is toast after this year there's no doubt they're going to have to bring in a legit, culture changing hire to turn this around and make us competitive in the SEC.

I just don't trust Alden to do it....

Pepe Silvia 05-15-2013 12:59 AM

Damn it, I just don't think I can take another year of Pinkel and James Franklin, ugh. Its one thing to lose but **** we are going to get demolished in this league, its just not good.

KCinNY 05-15-2013 11:36 AM

The SEC defenses love Pinkel's sad devotion to that gimicky offense of his.

It's criminally stupid to leave any OT on Mizzou's roster one on one against Javedon Clowney. Any coach with half a brain will help his OT against that monster. Pinkel the other hand....