ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Morehead State coach Sean Woods pushes player to tears with bench outburst (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266950)

demonhero 11-22-2012 11:00 AM

Grown men... nothing to see move on. Some of you jokers want to desensitize everybody and it ain't happening. You can see the black and white guys on the bench look over for a second and then look away.

SAUTO 11-22-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonhero (Post 9141382)
Grown men... nothing to see move on. Some of you jokers want to desensitize everybody and it ain't happening. You can see the black and white guys on the bench look over for a second and then look away.

would you be ok with it if the player had punched the coach?

Grown men and all...

Maybe the other players were embarrassed for the guy.
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 11-22-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 9141377)
Young men break down in sobbing fits during job performance reviews where the information is delivered in a normal tone too.

That kids was acting like a punk and was back talking his coach. He had an ass chewing coming from what I see.

Having trouble feeling bad about it for that kid who is essentially getting a free ride to college to do what that coach asks him to do. Every person is wired different and some people, particularly those who have never had it, need a boot in the ass once in a while to get results.

the kid was walking off the court. The coach was screaming at him. He went to walk to the bench coach pushes him. ANOTHER coach gets in players face, head coach comes back in screaming while other coach holds kid there to take it.

**** that. Sorry. If that had been my child, grown or not, I've got a ****ing problem.
Posted via Mobile Device

Iowanian 11-22-2012 11:12 AM

I wonder what he did? The crowd was booing him.

It looked to me like the coach told him to get his ass to the sideline and he ignored him and back talked and then moped over, and then back talked both of the coaches who got into his face.

demonhero 11-22-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9141388)
would you be ok with it if the player had punched the coach?

Grown men and all...

Maybe the other players were embarrassed for the guy.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes, and I would bet on the other players making him regret throwing the punch.

SAUTO 11-22-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonhero (Post 9141432)
Yes, and I would bet on the other players making him regret throwing the punch.

Lol. Yeah right. His teammates? Ok
Posted via Mobile Device

Iowanian 11-22-2012 11:25 AM

I once mouthed off to a ref in a fit of anger and then some people in the crowd got on me and I said something to them.

I was pulled off of the competition area by a 2 hand throat choke, lifted off the ground and screamed at like the Macho Man. I had every bit of it coming and I learned a lot about a better way to respond.

demonhero 11-22-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9141434)
Lol. Yeah right. His teammates? Ok
Posted via Mobile Device

Yep.... probably hold him up, so the coach can open up his ears and take that dazed wtf did I do coach look of his face. :hmmm:ROFL

In58men 11-22-2012 11:27 AM

What's the deal ****ing deal?

Rausch 11-22-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9141288)
When did football coaches being maniacal assholes become unacceptable?

This type of posting is unacceptable on Chiefsplanet.

We have the team name in the url and my daughter could click on this.

Shame.

FOR SHAME!

:shake:

ROYC75 11-22-2012 11:47 AM

From a coaching point of view, you never lay hands on a player in a hostile manor, " NEVER". It's bad policy, there are ways to get the kids attention, benching, running laps, game suspensions, etc.

Was the kid disrespectful to the coach, yes, but that happens and you can't stop this on the court yet you can handle it in house. The assistant coach started to step in and then stopped, but he handled it wrong. He should have be engaged in a way to defuse it, not add fuel to the heated exchange.

I was taught that as a HC or an Ass. coach here in some of the Jr Pro, MS,& HS I have worked is to separate the HC & the player, allow the HC to address the team, let things cool off and an assistant can handle the player or the coach can address him after the TO. It's how we did things here at the HS level, kids attitudes fuel quicker now days than when I went to school.

Always defuse the heated exchange and handle it in house, doing it on the court allows the world to see what type of asshole you are.

Rausch 11-22-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 9141505)
From a coaching point of view, you never lay hands on a player in a hostile manor, " NEVER".

This I'll agree with.

I've been called everything but Christian as a HS athlete but never touched. Not once, and I'd argue I had a very unstable coach who got away with a ton of shady $#it.

At the next level you should expect to hear more (you're an adult) and you better be able to take more.

That said, laying your hands on a kid even in a soft manner is crossing the new line...

Setsuna 11-22-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9141360)
Yeah this post makes no sense to me...
Posted via Mobile Device

I had a whole paragraph written out to refute your words then I looked him up realizing he is a senior. If he was a freshman than I would have posted what I had.

ROYC75 11-22-2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9141525)
This I'll agree with.

I've been called everything but Christian as a HS athlete but never touched. Not once, and I'd argue I had a very unstable coach who got away with a ton of shady $#it.

At the next level you should expect to hear more (you're an adult) and you better be able to take more.

That said, laying your hands on a kid even in a soft manner is crossing the new line...

This is true Brad, as an adult you have to take the high road.

ROYC75 11-23-2012 03:13 PM

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...tball/21106654

1 game suspension.