ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Boardwalk Empire (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=229217)

gblowfish 09-21-2010 10:11 AM

Apparently, there's a rule on HBO that you must say the work fuck every 90 seconds or so.
It took approx 90 seconds for the first F-Bomb in Boardwalk. I always think HBO drops F-Bombs just because they can.

Also there must be gratuitous nudity at some point. There was, full frontal nudity in the funeral parlor scene. And Buscemi gets laid by a chick who keeps screaming Ride 'em Cowboy...

NTTAWWT.

keg in kc 09-21-2010 10:19 AM

Hell, Blowfish, what do you think got me watching ****ing HBO in the first ****ing place.

Red Brooklyn 09-21-2010 10:28 AM

****. I gotta watch this ****ing show. Like now. Like, ****ing, right ****ing NOW.

TrickyNicky 09-21-2010 10:36 AM

You really do. You really, really do.

Deberg_1990 09-21-2010 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 7024758)
I always think HBO drops F-Bombs just because they can.

Also there must be gratuitous nudity at some point. There was, full frontal nudity in the funeral parlor scene. And Buscemi gets laid by a chick who keeps screaming Ride 'em Cowboy...

NTTAWWT.

heh, ive often wondered about this myself. They have a rep to uphold. They probably feel that their audience demands it since they pay for the service.

keg in kc 09-21-2010 01:02 PM

Ratings are in, nearly 5 million viewers (7 million total including the night's reruns), biggest HBO premeire in 6 years.

2nd season already announced.

Red Brooklyn 09-21-2010 01:06 PM

Between this, Bored To Death and Game Of Thrones... I'm really considering getting HBO for the first time.

PhillyChiefFan 09-21-2010 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 7025230)
Between this, Bored To Death and Game Of Thrones... I'm really considering getting HBO for the first time.

I gotta say I really love HBO, I haven't regretted getting it.

keg in kc 09-21-2010 02:19 PM

They apparently really think they have something with Game of Thrones. Rumor is that the HBO brass loves it. I thought it was a good sign when they ended the promo before Boardwalk Empire with that long Sean Bean shot (plus it just looked cool).

Buck 09-21-2010 02:47 PM

**** I have been reading so many comics since Comic Con, (Late July) that I haven't picked my Game of Thrones book back up. I'm probably going to kick myself for not reading it.

keg in kc 09-21-2010 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinSmurf (Post 7025564)
**** I have been reading so many comics since Comic Con, (Late July) that I haven't picked my Game of Thrones book back up. I'm probably going to kick myself for not reading it.

I would say wait until after the show to read it. I know I'm holding up my re-read of the series until after the first season.

Red Brooklyn 09-21-2010 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7025855)
I would say wait until after the show to read it. I know I'm holding up my re-read of the series until after the first season.

Yeah, I'm actually pretty happy that I'll have some distance on it before the show starts. I don't want the book too fresh in my mind -- tends to damper the visual medium for me.

Lzen 09-21-2010 08:07 PM

Watched the pilot last night. Looks like a pretty good show. I love the setting. Not many movies/tv are set in that era. I won't be watching it, though, since I don't have HBO.

Reaper16 09-21-2010 09:03 PM

Dug the first episode. Kept getting reminded of Bioshock, which made some scenes pretty funny in my head. Love the Al Capone bits; there was an energy in that performance.

Anyone else see the Jimmy character and imagine Scorsese telling the HBO brass "Fine. If you guys won't give me Leo then at least give me a guy with Leo's haircut" ?

I don't have the concerns about Buscemi that DJLN does. I don't know where that's coming from.

Felt like a putting pieces into place sort of first episode. Eager to see how the show develops, and how (or even if) the other directors will try an incorporate Scorsese's visual style.

Great Expectations 09-22-2010 06:58 PM

I loved the show and Buscemi, but Buscemi and Benecio Del Toro are my two favorite actors making movies right now.

It is cool to watch how the mafia formed in this arena.