ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Organic food is a lie (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272182)

loochy 04-17-2013 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 9594786)
a few thoughts:

-ALL food is organic (i.e. carbon based). if it was ever alive and it was from earth; CARBON BASED LIFE). thus, the wording is bullshit (sorry--small pet peeve of mine). Now, if you want to call it 'natural' vs. unnatural food, maybe (what Frosty quotes isn't too far off--a lot of these things are naturally occurring, though we're definitely taking things to the extremes--which I'll address next)

-the MAIN issue at hand is one of simple human nature, though taken to extremes. I won't jump on a soap-box, but our species has many of the tendencies of a parasite. look at our explosive population growth. we are, to my knowledge, the only species on earth that doesn't fluctuate about the carrying capacity within our environment. we 'supposedly' haven't reached our carrying capacity (which is bullshit from the word go) for one simple reason: we keep raising our K-value (carrying capacity) by producing more and more food from less and less. we're too goddamned efficient. within 40 years there will be 2-3 MORE billion people. there are ALREADY too goddamned many of us. ever read up on how antibiotics are being overused and MRSA/VRSA and other drug resistant bacteria are losing susceptibility? that's just ONE issue we have to deal with as our population explodes.

too many mother****ers are alive and we just keep making more. at a certain point we need to look at the problems this causes. it's like having 30 people in a flophouse at the turn of the last century--it's made of wood and the slightest spark causes all 30 (or 29) to die horribly of horrible conditions. I'm not suggesting eugenics in any way, but we definitely need to decide exactly how to address this issue before it gets too late and we cause ourselves to go extinct (though I believe we're rather resilient--we likely won't go extinct, a VERY low percentage will likely survive). it's beyond unsustainable.

oh yeah? well i am

blaise 04-17-2013 07:57 AM

My wife is always reading these healthy eating books - she showed me one of them that said you could eat your own boogers as a natural immunity defense.

NewChief 04-17-2013 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9594800)
My wife is always reading these healthy eating books - she showed me one of them that said you could eat your own boogers as a natural immunity defense.

Works for me!

In all seriousness, I bet that book suggests placentophagy as well?

Frosty 04-17-2013 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9594804)
Works for me!

In all seriousness, I bet that book suggests placentophagy as well?

I was betting on urine therapy.

loochy 04-17-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9594807)
I was betting on urine therapy.

Crapatology is good for you too.

It's a great moisturizer and it tastes great (depending on what you ate yesterday)

MahiMike 04-17-2013 08:03 AM

Global warming is a farce!

loochy 04-17-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9594811)
Global warming is a farcefece!

FYP

MahiMike 04-17-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9594815)
FYP

I was kidding. Shoulda added the <sarcasm> tag...

penguinz 04-17-2013 08:15 AM

Does no one realize that the non-organic chickens are NOT full of hormones/steroids? It is illegal to do so in the US.

loochy 04-17-2013 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 9594827)
Does no one realize that the non-organic chickens are NOT full of hormones/steroids? It is illegal to do so in the US.

also, perhaps the effects of hormones and steroids are not all bad either

Fritz88 04-17-2013 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9594800)

Okay.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hoover 04-17-2013 08:28 AM

So not one comment on the boobs contained in the video?

Interesting....

allen_kcCard 04-17-2013 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 9594844)
So not one comment on the boobs contained in the video?

Interesting....

I opened it and scrolled right to them, still looking now in fact. Didn't listen to one second of anything in the video

Pasta Little Brioni 04-17-2013 09:26 AM

I don't have to drink my own urine, but I do!! It's sterile and I like the taste!!!/Organic eaters

Bump 04-17-2013 09:32 AM

organic food is pretty much a bunch of bullshit. It's still being mass produced and they are still going to do shady things for profits.

I'm at the point where I wish I was able to hunt my own food, because I have trouble trusting the food out of the grocery store.