ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Anyone else have this really, really bad feeling... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266569)

RealSNR 11-13-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED (Post 9114989)
Good. Manti Te'o will help this team more than Smith or Barkley will. Hali and Houston on the outside with Te'o and Johnson in the middle. That has potential to be the best linebacking group in the NFL. I'll take that anyday over a spread QB or a USC QB.

You silly.

mr. tegu 11-13-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbything (Post 9115011)
I wonder what this means. Honestly, do you actually see Pioli taking advice from Marty? Especially as a consultant?

Nothing says "I have confidence in my GM" like hiring a consultant to give advice to your GM.

Pioli isn't getting advice from Marty. Clark is getting advice about the team and by extension Pioli, from Marty. Most of the moves lately are not Pioliesque.

gochiefss 11-13-2012 10:33 AM

we don't need a super elite franchise QB to be good. Even if the guy we drafted turned out to be an Andy Dalton type, that would be leaps and bounds better than what we currently have.

I'm not big on Teo. Taking non-rush LB's early in the first rd is never a good idea. Everyone thought Rolando McClain was going to be great, then Aaron Curry. These guys bust out a lot.

The guy you want to look at is Jarvis Jones or Star Lot?? whatever his name is to replace Dorsey as a 5-Tech.

bobbything 11-13-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9115019)
Pioli isn't getting advice from Marty. Clark is getting advice about the team and by extension Pioli, from Marty. Most of the moves lately are not Pioliesque.

Seems like a conflict of interest to me. May be a sign Pioli is on his way out.

POND_OF_RED 11-13-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 9114999)
prolly already been posted but i was watching NFLN earlier and on the bottom line headlines ticker i saw that Marty has been talking with the Hunts about a role of some capacity with the Chiefs.

Sign him to a 16 game coaching contract and then let someone else try when he gets us into the playoffs.

RealSNR 11-13-2012 10:35 AM

It must be True Fan Day at the ****ing Moron Corral

BigMeatballDave 11-13-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Good. Manti Te'o will help this team more than Smith or Barkley will. Hali and Houston on the outside with Te'o and Johnson in the middle. That has potential to be the best linebacking group in the NFL. I'll take that anyday over a spread QB or a USC QB.

:spock:

Do you watch today's NFL at all?

gochiefss 11-13-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9115026)

right, coupled with an awful d-line and shaky secondary, still not a good D

The panthers drafted Luke Kuechly last year, very similar prospect to Teo, and their D has been awful all year

Dayze 11-13-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9115025)
It must be True Fan Day at the ****ing Moron Corral

LMAO

Woodchuck 11-13-2012 10:38 AM

I have really wanted Marty to come in and be a consultant for several months. Now that it is happening, I am having my doubts about it. Originally, I thought Marty would come in and speak only to Clark and he would be a guy Clark could trust. I thought maybe he could teach Hunt about the business and police Pioli at the same time.

Unfortunately, now I don't think that's the case. This makes me think Pioli's clearly got Clark by the balls if Marty is telling Clark to be patient. I think Pioli has Marty by the balls. Pioli probably thought it was in his best interest to keep his enemy closer than his friends.

Pioli probably called Marty before Clark did. That's the way psychopaths work. It suprises me that so many still underestimate Pioli so much.

BigMeatballDave 11-13-2012 10:42 AM

Blackbob is so ****ing dumb, he brings the collective IQ down about 50%.

POND_OF_RED 11-13-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9115026)

Yes. I have watched tight ends burn our defense for how many seasons now because we have no linebacker who's good in coverage. We bring in Te'o I think he helps with that issue a lot then you have DJ to shoot gaps and stop the runs and Hali and Houston to rush the QB. How is this a worse option then bringing in the next Jamarcus Russell?

Brock 11-13-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED (Post 9115053)
Yes. I have watched tight ends burn our defense for how many seasons now because we have no linebacker who's good in coverage. We bring in Te'o I think he helps with that issue a lot then you have DJ to shoot gaps and stop the runs and Hali and Houston to rush the QB. How is this a worse option then bringing in the next Jamarcus Russell?

Is it worse than bringing in the next Aaron Rodgers?

ModSocks 11-13-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED (Post 9115053)

Stop trolling

notorious 11-13-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=I.49501...65463&pid=15.1