ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto -- Which Costco/Sams/BJ's products do you buy, every trip there? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=235601)

chasedude 10-23-2010 03:04 PM

The local Sam's club sells a homemade tomato sauce from V's restaurant in the KC area. The local HyVee sells it too but nearly double the price.

I love their Sauce... Mmmm Mmmmm Good!

teedubya 10-23-2010 03:57 PM

Costco: Oranges. Stirfry veggies. Chicken breasts. Granola bars. Egg whites. Pineapples. Everytime.

I love the chipolte bean burgers, also.

BigOlChiefsfan 10-23-2010 03:58 PM

At Costco I buy Kirkland whole bean Coffee, if not every trip then pretty often. I also buy half-and-half there, baby spinach and mushrooms at least once a week. I buy their rotisserie chicken often, prefer theirs to any others I've tried. They're also my favorite place to buy cheese - the Dubliner rocks. And the cheapest place I've found to buy a case of Blvd pilsner.

Stewie 10-23-2010 04:01 PM

I quit paying a fee to Sam's and Costco a couple of years ago. It took me a while to figure out the deals aren't that great... especially on paper products. Scour the ads and shop at ALDI and Trader Joe's. You'll be miles ahead.

Buck 10-23-2010 04:10 PM

I didn't re-up my Costco membership last year, but I used to always get these Teryaki Chicken breasts.

ILikeBigTiddys 10-23-2010 04:14 PM

Fruit

Kerberos 10-23-2010 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7109134)
24 pack of Lo-Carb Monsters

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Rool (Post 7109189)
beef jerkey.

Always get a 24 of Low Carb Monster and I don't know if it is everywhere, but here in Nevada at Costco they sell "California Gold" Beef Jerky and it is DA'Bomb IMO. Best jerky I've had in a long time.

Of course like everyone else the TP and PT and garbage bags.

The wife and I also dig in the #10 cans of Planters mixed nuts.

I also buy whole Cry'o'vac KC-Strip and Lipon Ribeye (boneless).

BigMeatballDave 10-23-2010 05:56 PM

Sam's has some kick-ass chicken sausage.

yhf 10-23-2010 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigOlChiefsfan (Post 7109736)
At Costco I buy Kirkland whole bean Coffee, if not every trip then pretty often. I also buy half-and-half there, baby spinach and mushrooms at least once a week. I buy their rotisserie chicken often, prefer theirs to any others I've tried. They're also my favorite place to buy cheese - the Dubliner rocks. And the cheapest place I've found to buy a case of Blvd pilsner.

The whole bean coffee is a great buy and the Costco in MO has some pretty solid deals on liquor. On the whole though, I think that Costco is better for value shopping than budget shopping.

Simply Red 10-24-2010 08:45 AM

saul good, I'm new to apples, and their glory, so cut me some slack, I'll try those.

I like Costco's two pounder of Smoked Turkey cold-cuts. I just wishd like hell they'd slice it thinner, It's too damned thick.

Delano 10-24-2010 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 7109325)
BTW, anyone who eats Gala apples while Honeycrisps are in season need to examine their lives.

Someone needs to bump the Honeycrisp thread. Now that the ag patent, or whatever, has run out I'm seeing some crosses with honeycrisp. I've been eating an apple with a 2 week season called Sweet Tango that is great. It's a Honeycrisp and Zestar cross.

RJ 10-24-2010 09:34 AM

I don't have much need for bulk purchasing but always hear good things about Costco meat. How do their beef prices compare to chain grocers? Do they sell seafood?

Simply Red 10-24-2010 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ (Post 7111221)
I don't have much need for bulk purchasing but always hear good things about Costco meat. How do their beef prices compare to chain grocers? Do they sell seafood?

their beef tenderloin is phenomenal, comparable to that of a high-end specialy market, only you get a TON for the $$.

Yes, even Alaskan-Snow crab legs. Huge scallops, all are delightful. Never a bad experience.

Simply Red 05-21-2011 04:15 PM

Sams - Taquitos

Frazod 05-21-2011 04:22 PM

The frozen chicken breasts, which are good sized and individually wrapped. At worst they're half the price of what the local grocery stores charge (at least for the quality stuff). It's a good place to pick up frozen broccoli as well. We'll generally stock up on toilet paper and paper towels if needed, and other things that are not perishable or will keep for a long time. Because it's just the two of us, many of the ginormous-sized foot items just aren't worth buying.