ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Trade proposal. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=310744)

Direckshun 10-11-2017 11:36 AM

Trade proposal.

THIS TRADE WOULD OCCUR AT THE END OF THE SEASON.

Assuming things keep going the way they're going right now all season:

Tanoh Kpassagnon continues to learn but can't get on the field, and Zach Cunningham continues to be the 4th ILB behind Cushing, McKinney and Dylan Cole...

Do you make this trade?

Direckshun 10-11-2017 11:40 AM

This allows the Chiefs to brace for losing DJ and allows the Texans to brace for losing Watt.

threebag 10-11-2017 11:54 AM

No **** the Texans

Sandy Vagina 10-11-2017 12:01 PM

If KPass can't even shine in practice enough to usurp Zombo, it's a legitimate consideration. It's not really a decision or move that I would react to. It's just imposible to make a good call on this. Only the coaches watching them practice on the field and learn in the film room each day know wtf is up with these backups.

kcchiefsus 10-11-2017 12:36 PM

Kpass was a stupid ****ing draft pick

DaneMcCloud 10-11-2017 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Vagina (Post 13142400)
If KPass can't even shine in practice enough to usurp Zombo, it's a legitimate consideration. It's not really a decision or move that I would react to. It's just imposible to make a good call on this. Only the coaches watching them practice on the field and learn in the film room each day know wtf is up with these backups.

He's ****ing 6'7 and ridiculously long and lean.

He's not built like a 3-4 OLBer or a 4-3 OLBer.

He's a 5 tech down lineman.

DaneMcCloud 10-11-2017 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 13142362)
This allows the Chiefs to brace for losing DJ and allows the Texans to brace for losing Watt.

Oh, JFC.

Eligwe was drafted to replace DJ and kicked ass in the preseason.

Kpassagnon is a 5 tech, not an OLBer.

They have him listed as OLBer due to depth issues but once Ford, Hali and Nicolas return, it's likely he'll begin rotating on the defensive line.

The Franchise 10-11-2017 01:38 PM

No.

DJ's left nut 10-11-2017 01:55 PM

I'd do it because I was a big Cunningham fan and was damn disappointed to see him go off the board right before our pick.

I do like what we've seen from Eligwe but that's still a hell of a wild card; maybe more ceiling than Cunningham but his floor remains 'special teamer'. Cunningham could never progress a day further along than he is now and be a playable ILB in our scheme.

I know why they did what they did with K-Pass, but I still don't see it working out like they hoped. Especially not if they're committed to the OLB thing. As a replacement for Bailey I see some potential there but I just don't see the Julius Peppers kind of long freak of nature they seem to see.

Even Peppers wasn't exactly good as an OLB, though that was a late-career move that may have had as much to do with age as innate ability.

I'd take it.

Direckshun 10-11-2017 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13142617)
Oh, JFC.

Eligwe was drafted to replace DJ and kicked ass in the preseason.

Kpassagnon is a 5 tech, not an OLBer.

They have him listed as OLBer due to depth issues but once Ford, Hali and Nicolas return, it's likely he'll begin rotating on the defensive line.

Show you a lot in the preseason at DE, did he?

I believe in Britt Reid, I'm just offering an idea.

If Kpassagnon doesn't catch on, this is a contingency idea.

It's not for everyone, I get it. That's why I started the poll.

OldSchool 10-11-2017 06:13 PM

I would do it. He's a better football player than Kpass is right now and we actually need help at ILB.

booger 10-11-2017 07:07 PM

No. You have to look at him for what he is now in year one and what he will be in years 2,3,4 hopefully. Two different roles. He was never going to come in and have enough weight to be a full time 5 and 3 technique. He needs an offseason of work and diet to properly add good weight. He’s athletic enough to stand and fluid enough to turn and run. It’s not ideal but it allowed them to not waste a spot on the 53 with Rush or Okine or whoever was available at OLB cutdown time. Obviously got to be patient and year 1 hopefully he can get mentally comfortable and become part of the DL rotation on passing downs. Plus the KPL, Eligwe, and Ragland moves have to be given time to evaluate

DaneMcCloud 10-11-2017 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 13143299)
I would do it. He's a better football player than Kpass is right now and we actually need help at ILB.

Need help?

DJ, Ragland, Eligwe, KPL and Wilson.

WTF?

BryanBusby 10-11-2017 09:45 PM

I don't see the point. If they don't like how the inside backers are progressing, they should have the flexibility to get one in the draft.

Just keep Kpass.

OldSchool 10-11-2017 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13143428)
Need help?

DJ, Ragland, Eligwe, KPL and Wilson.

WTF?

Oh, so the run defense is fantastic and the ILBs on the roster are clearly getting the job done right? There's no way we can improve at the position? :rolleyes: