ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Electronics New Apple Tablet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=222464)

Hootie 04-07-2011 05:27 PM

she's a ****ing adult and she's crying about not being able to purchase an iPad2? JFC...some people

AustinChief 04-07-2011 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unleash_the_Phury (Post 7546080)
While you can dislike Apple or debate their merits, what has apple released in the last 6 years that comes remotely close to a 'turd'?

6 years? what a strange and arbitrary number...

ok, got one, AppleTV (first version) was pretty turd like.

Hootie 04-07-2011 05:28 PM

that just disgusts me

I'd never be in a relationship with an idiot like that...

I'm just sickened after reading that.

Silock 04-07-2011 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 7546105)
^ years? what a strange and arbitrary number...

ok, got one, AppleTV (first version) was pretty turd like.

It was pretty good with Boxee on it, though, before WD Live came out and destroyed it.

OnTheWarpath15 04-07-2011 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meat Dragon (Post 7546103)
she's a ****ing adult and she's crying about not being able to purchase an iPad2? JFC...some people

Yeah, I thought I was in a ****ing Wal-Mart or something.

They looked like they couldn't afford to breathe, much less buy an iPad2. Then again, as an ex car salesman, I learned long ago not to trust appearances.

I remember this old farmer came into the dealership on afternoon in overalls and shit-covered boots. No one wanted to wait on him, so I took him.

An hour and a half later, he had bought two custom F-450's and paid cash.

Hootie 04-07-2011 05:35 PM

well I'm sure they couldn't afford it based off the story

but that isn't what bothers me

what bothers me is a grown adult older than a teenager (I'm assuming) was CRYING in a store because she couldn't purchase an ipad...

that's just embarrassing...

AustinChief 04-07-2011 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 7546112)
It was pretty good with Boxee on it, though, before WD Live came out and destroyed it.

Dude, it was nowhere close to pretty good.. it was a piece of crap. And didn't you have to hack it to get Boxee on it?

AppleTV was and iTurd and I know a ton of fanbois who bought it and made excuses for it... most of them finally gave up and admitted it was crap in the end.

KevB 04-07-2011 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 7546114)
Yeah, I thought I was in a ****ing Wal-Mart or something.

They looked like they couldn't afford to breathe, much less buy an iPad2. Then again, as an ex car salesman, I learned long ago not to trust appearances.

I remember this old farmer came into the dealership on afternoon in overalls and shit-covered boots. No one wanted to wait on him, so I took him.

An hour and a half later, he had bought two custom F-450's and paid cash.

The story goes that Sam Walton used to walk into various Wal-Mart stores dressed the same way to be sure he was treated well.

OnTheWarpath15 04-07-2011 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meat Dragon (Post 7546106)
that just disgusts me

I'd never be in a relationship with an idiot like that...

I'm just sickened after reading that.

I wasn't sickened, so much, but I was doing my best not to outright laugh in her face. I mean, this girl was probably in her late 20's or early 30's. It was embarrassing.

I'm glad I was able to find one, but Christ, it wouldn't have been that big a deal to order one and wait a month.

Silock 04-07-2011 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 7546120)
Dude, it was nowhere close to pretty good.. it was a piece of crap. And didn't you have to hack it to get Boxee on it?

AppleTV was and iTurd and I know a ton of fanbois who bought it and made excuses for it... most of them finally gave up and admitted it was crap in the end.

I'm just saying it was good with Boxee on it, not before that. Yes, you had to hack it to get Boxee on it. Not too terribly difficult, though, considering it was just a USB installer.

AustinChief 04-07-2011 06:45 PM

maybe not the perfect place for this... but if Google keeps moving in this direction, Android phones/tablets could easily be much better enterprise devices than even blackberry. As a former corporate IT Director, I can't stress enough how badass it would be to have a fleet of phones and tablets that were centrally managed and all using a product that is much much cheaper than anything else. (Google Apps vs Exchange). Google has a ways to go yet in the enterprise space.. but man, this is impressive.

http://googleenterprise.blogspot.com...-for-your.html

DaFace 04-07-2011 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 7546226)
maybe not the perfect place for this... but if Google keeps moving in this direction, Android phones/tablets could easily be much better enterprise devices than even blackberry. As a former corporate IT Director, I can't stress enough how badass it would be to have a fleet of phones and tablets that were centrally managed and all using a product that is much much cheaper than anything else. (Google Apps vs Exchange). Google has a ways to go yet in the enterprise space.. but man, this is impressive.

Yeah, they've been making a major push for the Enterprise market lately. I've been tempted to try and migrate our email over. I hate Exchange with a fiery passion.

AustinChief 04-07-2011 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 7546238)
Yeah, they've been making a major push for the Enterprise market lately. I've been tempted to try and migrate our email over. I hate Exchange with a fiery passion.

Tell me about it! I haven't looked at the recent improvements but if they are even close to being able to replace Exchange's functionality I would pull the trigger next time you are ready to get a new version of Exchange. Are you on Exchange 2010 now?

DaFace 04-07-2011 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 7546244)
Tell me about it! I haven't looked at the recent improvements but if they are even close to being able to replace Exchange's functionality I would pull the trigger next time you are ready to get a new version of Exchange. Are you on Exchange 2010 now?

Na, we're still back on 2003. We don't need much. But yeah, next time we're looking to dump some money into upgrading, it's definitely going to be a consideration.

NewChief 04-07-2011 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 7546226)

I'm a huge fan of google apps for education. Our district is wasting a shit ton of money on Microsoft Sharepoint for something that could be achieved with minimal cost for free from Google. On top of that, the "open-source" nature of google apps would allow for a much higher level of student interaction with the system. Imagine: all students have their iGoogle homepage set up. Students start developing their own applets for the homepage. Everyone is customizing on their own. People are using reader, shared calendars, and maps in connection with each other. The possibilities would be badass if there was a district move to it. Instead... we're going to be stuck with Sharepoint, and no one is going to know what to do with it.