ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Star Trek 12 Gets Release Date (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=221538)

Buck 01-11-2010 01:24 PM

Star Trek 12 Gets Release Date

I'm not sure if its Star Trek 12 or Star Trek 2, but the release date is June 29, 2012.

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2010/01/11...-nothing-else/

UPDATE: Paramount has confirmed to MTV that the projected release date for the "Star Trek" sequel is indeed June 29, 2012.

This counts as news, but there's not much to it. We all know there's a "Star Trek" sequel coming. Hell, Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, writers/producers of the May reboot, were talking about sequel possibilities as far back as the week after the first movie came out. Now we have a date to pin our hopes to: June 29, 2012.

Nothing else is known or announced, so don't ask. Maybe director J.J. Abrams will return to helm the sequel, maybe he won't. Maybe Khan will be the villain, maybe not. For all we know, the plan is to give us an epic "Star Trek Meets Star Wars" crossover. Could happen, right?

The news comes from a variety of sources, including Ain't It Cool News and Box Office Mojo, but there's no Paramount-issued press release that I can find. The information ran through some trustworthy sources, but we've yet to receive comment from the studio directly.

Regardless, there really hasn't ever been any doubt that we'd be seeing more "Star Trek." Abrams' take on the series made it friendly to an entirely new, much wider audience than its ever known before.

Were you anything less than certain that a "Star Trek" sequel was coming eventually? Where would you like the story to go from where it is now? Any specific hopes for the sequel?

Taco John 01-11-2010 01:28 PM

Awesome. A good six months before the world is ripped asunder. That means I'll have time to pick up the DVD and watch it a few times on my own time.

BigRedChief 01-11-2010 01:38 PM

What was it that got Kahn stranded on city alpha 5? Genetic manipulation and attempted takeover of kirk's ship, correct? If so the takeover of the enterprise by Kahn wouldn't seem to me to be big enough story for the next Star Trek. They would have to fill it out some.

I just don't see a Star Wars/Star Trek story line. Way too much hollywood political baggage connected to that idea.

Frazod 01-11-2010 01:40 PM

Three ****ing years between movies. Douchebags. 4321

Deberg_1990 01-11-2010 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 6434391)

Gives u plenty of time to re-watch Avatar again and again.

Hammock Parties 01-11-2010 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 6434391)

Just means they get it right instead of rushing through it for a quick cash grab.

pr_capone 01-11-2010 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 6434403)
Just means they get it right instead of rushing through it for a quick cash grab.

I would x10 rather them take their time and do it right instead of giving us another Star Trek: Nemesis.

The only thing that could have possibly been worse would have been if they had started a Voyager movie franchise.

keg in kc 01-11-2010 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 6435109)
I would x10 rather them take their time and do it right instead of giving us another Star Trek: Nemesis.

The only thing that could have possibly been worse would have been if they had started a Voyager movie franchise.

Even if it was r-rated with naked borg?

pr_capone 01-11-2010 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6435130)
Even if it was r-rated with naked borg?

Even if it was X rated and 6of9 was getting dp'd by Kim and Tuvok whilst B'Elanna sat on her face.

If it means having to put up with Janeway for 2.5 hours I am out.

keg in kc 01-11-2010 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 6435158)
Even if it was X rated and 6of9 was getting dp'd by Kim and Tuvok whilst B'Elanna sat on her face.

If it means having to put up with Janeway for 2.5 hours I am out.

Say, did you know that she voices Flemeth in Dragon Age?

:evil:

(seriously)

pr_capone 01-11-2010 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6435183)
Say, did you know that she voices Flemeth in Dragon Age?

:evil:

(seriously)

Yup... made killing her that much more enjoyable.

007 01-11-2010 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 6434386)
What was it that got Kahn stranded on city alpha 5? Genetic manipulation and attempted takeover of kirk's ship, correct? If so the takeover of the enterprise by Kahn wouldn't seem to me to be big enough story for the next Star Trek. They would have to fill it out some.

I just don't see a Star Wars/Star Trek story line. Way too much hollywood political baggage connected to that idea.

It hasn't happened yet in this universe. They can pretty much do whatever they want with Kahn now. I would still prefer they left it alone though.

Frazod 01-11-2010 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 6434403)

Yeah, because God knows Abrams couldn't produce a quality product quickly. It's not like he's produced a top TV show or anything.

:spock:

BigRedChief 01-11-2010 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 6435234)
It hasn't happened yet in this universe. They can pretty much do whatever they want with Kahn now. I would still prefer they left it alone though.

Yeah, they should leave Kahn alone and go with a full blown war with the Klingons

pr_capone 01-11-2010 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 6435979)
Yeah, they should leave Kahn alone and go with a full blown war with the Klingons

I'd like to see the Cardassians come into play.

[http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_AW8PsZE-L7...00/Trekkie.jpg]

The Cardassians were the most forthcoming with technology in the early days of the warp drive.

Quote:

2064: Zefram Cochrane's second flight, done this time to show off to potential buyers. This time it is noticed by a Passing Cardassian Socutship. Cardassians make first contact. This time, several important persons have come to see the warp drive, and this makes First contact far more official than just stumbling upon some simple settlement with a warp signature. The Cardassians being far more open minded than the Vulcans, have no problem with giving the humans technology. A massive cultural and technological exchange follows. The "Human Republic" is founded in North America. Although it is limited to the North-western region of North America, it will one day cover all of earth.

2070: The Human republic has grown, with Cardassian help, to cover the entire planet earth. Mining settlements are established through out the sol system.
In the old history we were friendly with the Cardassians and eventually it breaks into war. With the reboot, we could go to war with them much sooner.

[/http://andrearaimondi.files.wordpres...03/trekkie.jpg]