ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs get Orton (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=252883)

DMAC 11-23-2011 03:25 PM

I hate this team. ROFL

DJ's left nut 11-23-2011 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8136210)
From yesterday in the other Orton thread:

If Pioli is committed to getting a new QB, he'll pay what it takes to move up for Barkley or whomever else he likes.

The best way to get him to commit to the new QB would be for a guy like Orton to come in and establish that it truly was a Cassel problem and not a line problem or a weapons problem or a coaching problem, blah blah blah.

Orton does nothing to preclude a 1st round QB, he may just make one slightly more expensive. In the process, he could also effectively slam the book shut on the Cassel era by playing quality football.

The Franchise 11-23-2011 03:25 PM

- It's not a guarantee that Orton is even going to report.
- Even if he does.....he won't be starting for at least one more game.
- If the FO doesn't draft a QB because they claimed Orton....then they never planned on it in the first place.

Valiant 11-23-2011 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8136135)
I don't like Orton, but when all you have is Tyler Palko and Ricky Stanzi, I think it makes some sense to add a veteran that's played in the league before.

No it does not. We are not going to the playoffs wth this team if we have rodgers qbing us this year.

The smart thing would of been to open the books to what stanzi wants to do and let him sling it to ourwrs. Give him an audition to compete for next year, then draft a starter and let them battle it out.

Orton wouldhave to win out and us get the playoffs for this to be worth it. But that solvs what? No way we win a playoff game with crennel and muir. They would get outcoached. Then add the fact orton would have to cheerlead the d players to not break all the time.

I mean playing our young guys for experience in a lostseason is dumb I guess. Would suck for them to get that and then add our injured players from this year to compete next. Well ad sme competent coaches.

****. This is dumb. I want all caches and egoli gone.

dirk digler 11-23-2011 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 8136217)
My position on that shit has never changed, but that's just me. It's stupid (and not much fun) to root for your team to suck. Period.

Sure it is just try it. Seriously **** this team. OTW is right on in his post.

RockChalk 11-23-2011 03:25 PM

Nothing to add. Just wanted in.

I'm interested to see if Orton shows up. Or perhaps we claimed him, with the goal of trading him to Chicago for a late-round pick? Can that even be done?

The Franchise 11-23-2011 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8136242)
If Pioli is committed to getting a new QB, he'll pay what it takes to move up for Barkley or whomever else he likes.

The best way to get him to commit to the new QB would be for a guy like Orton to come in and establish that it truly was a Cassel problem and not a line problem or a weapons problem or a coaching problem, blah blah blah.

Orton does nothing to preclude a 1st round QB, he may just make one slightly more expensive. In the process, he could also effectively slam the book shut on the Cassel era by playing quality football.

****ing this.

angelo 11-23-2011 03:25 PM

I am unclear on the whole waivers thing. Could we trade Orton to the Bears for a draft pick?

Ang

tooge 11-23-2011 03:26 PM

Is there a chance we get a compensatory pick for him when he becomes a free agent after this year? If so, then good business move. If not, then it is just another move for a non special player.

MoreLemonPledge 11-23-2011 03:26 PM

I BLAME CARSON PALMER

Chiefnj2 11-23-2011 03:26 PM

Did Stanzi finger bang Haley's wife at a restaurant or something?

MoreLemonPledge 11-23-2011 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelo (Post 8136249)
I am unclear on the whole waivers thing. Could we trade Orton to the Bears for a draft pick?

Ang

No, the trade deadline has passed.

BourbonMan 11-23-2011 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 8136237)
Pioli picked him up so McDaniels could chose between Cassel and Orton next year.

May cockroaches infect ur ass!!!

mcaj22 11-23-2011 03:26 PM

how the hell can we trade him when the deadline has passed lol

keg in kc 11-23-2011 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8136244)
No it does not. We are not going to the playoffs wth this team if we have rodgers qbing us this year.

The smart thing would of been to open the books to what stanzi wants to do and let him sling it to ourwrs. Give him an audition to compete for next year, then draft a starter and let them battle it out.

Orton wouldhave to win out and us get the playoffs for this to be worth it. But that solvs what? No way we win a playoff game with crennel and muir. They would get outcoached. Then add the fact orton would have to cheerlead the d players to not break all the time.

I mean playing our young guys for experience in a lostseason is dumb I guess. Would suck for them to get that and then add our injured players from this year to compete next. Well ad sme competent coaches.

****. This is dumb. I want all caches and egoli gone.

Playing Stanzi now is dumb in my opinion. And apparently the Chiefs lean my way.

We just see it different ways...

And this actually has nothing to do with Stanzi in my eyes. It's about Tyler Palko, and whether Orton's a better quarterback than he is. Although it would, presumably, be putting Stanzi back into the 3rd spot where I believe he belongs for now.

Stanzi's audition would be the next couple of preseasons. Not anytime in 2011. Because I think it's too soon to make a fair judgment on him.