ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Mellinger | Ex-GM Peterson ‘saddened’ by Chiefs’ situation (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266932)

GloryDayz 11-22-2012 01:12 PM

It is entertaining, but it also shows just how deep a three-ring circus Clark Hunt has made of this franchise. Truth be told, this is why one of Lamar's biggest mistakes was to think the fool he sired had the skills needed to run any sort of business, much less an NFL franchise. Had Lamar wanted him to run the Chiefs successfully, he'd have raised Clark with a less of a silver spoon in his mouth. Today that "Daddy will bail me out" (when it won't) mentality has made the fans of KC victims of snobbery's worst trait, nepotism. The bottom line is that Clark is a weak man and not a savvy business person. sure, he has plenty of coin in the bank, but his daddy put it there, and made sure it will remain their despite the fool that is is son.

DaWolf 11-22-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9141739)
It is entertaining, but it also shows just how deep a three-ring circus Clark Hunt has made of this franchise. Truth be told, this is why one of Lamar's biggest mistakes was to think the fool he sired had the skills needed to run any sort of business, much less an NFL franchise. Had Lamar wanted him to run the Chiefs successfully, he'd have raised Clark with a less of a silver spoon in his mouth. Today that "Daddy will bail me out" (when it won't) mentality has made the fans of KC victims of snobbery's worst trait, nepotism. The bottom line is that Clark is a weak man and not a savvy business person. sure, he has plenty of coin in the bank, but his daddy put it there, and made sure it will remain their despite the fool that is is son.

Well we'll see. Time will tell if that is the case. Remember, what we are seeing today was in a sense what Lamar had in place throughout the 70's and 80's.

Clark has had one hire, it looked good on paper but ended up failing miserably. All of these problems can go away if he gets the second hire right. If the second hire ends up failing as well, then all of a sudden we have a pattern developing and at that point I will be worried about Clark.

But if he does get rid of Pioli at the end of the year and does hire what looks like a smart football man and leader who can move this franchise forward, I think at that point credit needs to be given to Clark that he actually cares about wins and losses, which Lamar did not necessarily seem to care about as much as being loyal to his employees...

Hammock Parties 11-22-2012 01:32 PM

Jesus, Clark is an SMU valedictorian. They don't hand those out based on your family.

Come on, stop slamming Clark. He's his own man.

Rausch 11-22-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9141784)
Come on, stop slamming Clark. He's his own man.

So is the homeless guy on the corner.

Your father trusted his most prized possession to you. In a family where money grows on trees and you are born comfortable this is the only thing you have to be concerned with.

It was his legacy.

His pride and joy he wanted to live on long beyond him.

He trained you for YEARS to run this.

AND YOU HAVE FAILED HORRIBLY.

HORRIBLY...

L.A. Chieffan 11-22-2012 01:37 PM

Never should've drafted Blackledge Carl.

Hammock Parties 11-22-2012 01:43 PM

Clark only fails horribly if he proves he has no idea how to hire a GM with his next hire.

He went out and got the most highly praised candidate he could find for his first shot. I don't blame him. In hindsight it was horrible but it was kind of like drafting JaMarcus Russell. A lot of teams would have done it.

Rausch 11-22-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9141808)
Clark only fails horribly if he proves he has no idea how to hire a GM with his next hire.

He went out and got the most highly praised candidate he could find for his first shot. I don't blame him. In hindsight it was horrible but it was kind of like drafting JaMarcus Russell. A lot of teams would have done it.

He has already failed horribly.

Twice...

Hammock Parties 11-22-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9141812)
He has already failed horribly.

Twice...

No, he fired Carl at the first appropriate juncture.

How has he failed twice?

Rausch 11-22-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9141816)
No, he fired Carl at the first appropriate juncture.

How has he failed twice?

2 GM decisions and 3 HC decisions.

Not to mention the overall quality of the product (I don't care what you're selling the quality of the product is of the most importance) has decreased each and every year save one...

gblowfish 11-22-2012 01:50 PM

5 Attachment(s)
How soon we forget how much heat we put on to get King Carl de-throned. Carl just stayed about seven years too long. Some of my fave Carl pics from over the years:

gblowfish 11-22-2012 01:52 PM

Roasting Carl

2 Attachment(s)
Here's a few more:

Hammock Parties 11-22-2012 02:19 PM

The anger towards Carl wasn't nearly this bad.

I mean he had a soul. A black soul, but at least he had one.

Pioli is the closest thing to NFL evil there is.

Hammock Parties 11-22-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9141820)
2 GM decisions and 3 HC decisions.

Wrong. Clark did not hire Carl. Nor did he hire any head coaches.

He has made one mistake, Pioli.

Rausch 11-22-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9141929)
Wrong. Clark did not hire Carl. Nor did he hire any head coaches.

He has made one mistake, Pioli.

He can change that structure of power at any time...

Hammock Parties 11-22-2012 02:22 PM

Generally it's not a good idea for owners to hire head coaches.