ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Flanagan:McCluster could be Andy Reid’s secret weapon (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271813)

Hammock Parties 04-06-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9561635)
lol. Did you count the balls that went off bowe's hands and were ints as caused by Bowe as well?

Bowe is the 2nd chocolatiest penis on our team, so why is that relevant.

When a perfectly thrown ball hits McCluster in the hands and it turns into an INT, that's on him.

Now climb a burning AIDS tree.

SAUTO 04-06-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9561661)
Bowe is the 2nd chocolatiest penis on our team, so why is that relevant.

When a perfectly thrown ball hits McCluster in the hands and it turns into an INT, that's on him.

Now climb a burning AIDS tree.

it's relevant because if a ball goes off Mccluster's hands is int and that's on him it should be counted against Bowe in the same situation. Which you do not.

Hypocritical. Imo
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties 04-06-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9561675)
it's relevant because if a ball goes off Mccluster's hands is int and that's on him it should be counted against Bowe in the same situation. Which you do not.

Hypocritical. Imo
Posted via Mobile Device

Shame on Dwayne Bowe for the interceptions he causes.

Good thing he also, you know, makes plays.

You suck at debate.

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-06-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9561454)
I'd rather a guy like with some speed, some actual ability to make people miss, to read blocks, and to break a tackle every now and then, get those touches.

Sure wish we had someone like that on the roster.

Don't worry . we'll have Manziel soon.

Bowser 04-06-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9561683)
Don't worry . we'll have Manziel soon.

http://www.jerseyisnaked.com/wp-cont...gusted-gif.gif

Mother****erJones 04-06-2013 02:48 PM

McCluster is his secret weapon? :facepalm: FML

chiefzilla1501 04-06-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9561593)
I watched a shit load of You Tube stuff when McCluster was in wide open spaces with no one near enough to catch him, and he wasn't making anyone miss.

He got lost by defenders because of his stature.

He did nothing special.

And that has played out against the superior talent that he's faced in the NFL.

The idea that he was a playmaker and got as many yards as he did in the SEC because of purely unbelievably blocking and wide open space with no defender within a mile of him is disingenuous.

He was a highlight reel. On most highlights, he outruns a defender by a mile where many typical players get caught (it's what happens when one guy is holding a ball and looking for lanes/blocks, while the guy trailing can pure sprint). In many highlights, you see a very quick, sudden change of direction and that's backed by his outstanding 3-cone time at the combine.

I agree he hasn't been able to make it work on the NFL level yet. But there's a difference between saying it hasn't worked and that the talent never existed in the first place.

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-06-2013 02:53 PM

Remember what Dick Vermiel did for Dante Hall.

Reid will do that for McCluster.

Hammock Parties 04-06-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9561714)
The idea that he was a playmaker and got as many yards as he did in the SEC because of purely unbelievably blocking and wide open space with no defender within a mile of him is disingenuous.

He was a highlight reel. On most highlights, he outruns a defender by a mile where many typical players get caught (it's what happens when one guy is holding a ball and looking for lanes/blocks, while the guy trailing can pure sprint). In many highlights, you see a very quick, sudden change of direction and that's backed by his outstanding 3-cone time at the combine.

I agree he hasn't been able to make it work on the NFL level yet. But there's a difference between saying it hasn't worked and that the talent never existed in the first place.

Doesn't matter. He's had plenty of chances. Making excuses based on QB play or whatever is just assholery. Good players at least show flashes in bad situations. McCluster just sucks (good game against Atlanta though, jerk to that).

chiefzilla1501 04-06-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9561529)
He has no value. Guys who 1. Don't make plays and 2. Turn the ball over at an absurd rate are worthless.

He's also suffered horrible injuries two of his three seasons in the league. If you think that's going to get better as he gets older, roll another blunt.

He has to learn how to take care of the ball, become a better route runner, develop better receiving instincts, and show better hands. I will agree with you on all these fronts.

I don't agree with anyone who says because we have Charles, McCluster has no value. Charles is a pure screen receiver. McCluster is a guy who can comfortably play both RB and WR. That's especially important in a spread offense and on third downs, and could be very effective in the no huddle. In a pure spread, you have 4-5 WRs. With McCluster, one of those guys can comfortably flex into a RB position. Furthermore, when Weis used him, he was constantly motioning him around in the backfield to give off the illusion that we could be running the ball in a different direction. When a defense starts spying out a potential toss left to McCluster, and they end up handing off to Charles right, that is enough to keep the defense on their toes.

But to succeed... look I don't disagree that he has to get a LOT better. I think it's nonsense when people say the talent is not there. It's there, it's just not very well used, both because he often doesn't have space and when he does, he either isn't confidently running at full speed or doesn't yet know how to use his vision or moves to make people miss. Or when they say Charles does his job, but better. Of course Charles is and always will be a lot better, but when McCluster operated in Weis' offense, there was good reason for both to be on the field.

EagleRob 04-06-2013 03:02 PM

Just do yourselves a favor and take him in the last round of your fantasy draft and hold him for a few weeks to see what happens...

Hammock Parties 04-06-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9561737)
doesn't yet know how to use his vision or moves to make people miss.

ROFL

LOL at a guy coming into the league and getting better at making people miss.

Guys with that skill are as good as they'll ever be the minute they get in the league.

Dex is gonna suck ass for a 4th straight year and I'm gonna shove it up your bunghole.

SAUTO 04-06-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9561682)
Shame on Dwayne Bowe for the interceptions he causes.

Good thing he also, you know, makes plays.

You suck at debate.

you are a hypocrite. There is no debate
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties 04-06-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9561747)
you are a hypocrite. There is no debate
Posted via Mobile Device

No, I'm not a hypocrite.

While Bowe could improve by not causing INTs, he at least has value that somewhat makes up for those mistakes.

Dex does not.

chiefzilla1501 04-06-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9561745)
ROFL

LOL at a guy coming into the league and getting better at making people miss.

Guys with that skill are as good as they'll ever be the minute they get in the league.

Dex is gonna suck ass for a 4th straight year and I'm gonna shove it up your bunghole.

That is complete bullshit. Right now, he runs tentative at times and get overly cute other times. Good coaching can definitely help him to be smarter and more confident in how he approaches downfield running.

To your last comment... I don't think McCluster is a very good player right now, so don't know where you're going with that. I think there's a good chance he'll be average or much worse under Reid. I just don't buy the BS that there is zero chance he'll get better because there's nothing there to develop.

Hammock Parties 04-06-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9561767)
That is complete bullshit.

No it's not.

Players don't get quicker or faster as they age.

He's a worthless midget who can't make people miss and has no speed, and that's why he was taken off kick returns.

The effort to turn him into some kind of third-down dynamo last year was laughable.

He'll probably be on the NFL garbage heap in a season or two, if that.

scho63 04-06-2013 03:27 PM

When used CORRECTLY, McCluster is an excellent weapon. He is NOT the guy you give the ball to on a 3rd and 8 up the middle liked the morons last year tried numerous times with big fail results.

I've always liked him and not sure why so many haters.

Hammock Parties 04-06-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 9561786)
I've always liked him and not sure why so many haters.

When you produce 3 first downs for every turnover you cause, you're a shit player.

chiefzilla1501 04-06-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9561771)
No it's not.

Players don't get quicker or faster as they age.

He's a worthless midget who can't make people miss and has no speed, and that's why he was taken off kick returns.

The effort to turn him into some kind of third-down dynamo last year was laughable.

He'll probably be on the NFL garbage heap in a season or two, if that.

He is quick and has agility. He hasn't used it well in the NFL and maybe never will. It is absolute nonsense to claim he never had it.

I never said he was a third down dynamo. Who did? I'm saying there is a use for him, IF he develops into a better receiver.

Hammock Parties 04-06-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9561792)
He is quick and has agility.

He would be an excellent rec league player.

splatbass 04-06-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9561791)
a shit player.

Coming from a shit poster this means very little.

Hammock Parties 04-06-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9561931)
Coming from a shit poster this means very little.

McCluster fan, are ya?

splatbass 04-06-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9561934)
McCluster fan, are ya?

Not really. I just think you are an idiot.

Mother****erJones 04-06-2013 04:44 PM

DMC would be great at flag football

Hammock Parties 04-06-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9561944)

You agree with me then. ROFL

Christ, the guy was a horrible draft pick and just spent a season doing absolutely nothing after Week 1.

Stop whining.

Mother****erJones 04-06-2013 04:57 PM

Literally everytime McCluster gets the ball, I cringe in fear of him turning the ball over.

hometeam 04-06-2013 04:58 PM

McCluster could be Reids secret weapon.

Until he finds out he pretty much sucks.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-06-2013 05:07 PM

Causes more butthurt than any Chief player. Folks don't like midgets round these parts.

splatbass 04-06-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9561986)
You agree with me then. ROFL

Christ, the guy was a horrible draft pick and just spent a season doing absolutely nothing after Week 1.

Stop whining.

No, I don't agree with you. I think he is an ok player with some potential if used right. He will never be an elite player, but he can bring something to the team.

Hammock Parties 04-06-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9562022)
No, I don't agree with you. I think he is an ok player with some potential if used right. He will never be an elite player, but he can bring something to the team.

3:1 first down to turnover ratio is "ok?"

Pull the other one.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-06-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9562022)

Absolutely and it will be evidenced by making the team yet again and having a role in the offense under a new regime this time.

splatbass 04-06-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9562065)
Absolutely and it will be evidenced by making the team yet again and having a role in the offense under a new regime this time.

I think if he sucked as bad as Clayton thinks he does the new regime would have cut him already instead of talking about how they can use him.

Hammock Parties 04-06-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9562083)
I think if he sucked as bad as Clayton thinks he does the new regime would have cut him already instead of talking about how they can use him.

If he was a 5th round pick his ass would be gone already.

Cyrus Gray and Devon Wylie will both be better players than Dexter McCluster.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-06-2013 05:35 PM

Dex is to Andy what Geno is to SNR

FlaChief58 04-06-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9562090)

KEEP DOUBTING MINNIE MOUSE!!!!!

notorious 04-06-2013 05:51 PM

And once again, Clay wraps his mouth around the barrel of a 12 gauge shotgun.

Hammock Parties 04-06-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9562199)
And once again, Clay wraps his mouth around the barrel of a 12 gauge shotgun.

Seriously? ROFL

There is 0 chance of Dexter McCluster ever becoming any kind of threat on offense.

I will leave this board for a year if he makes a meaningful play in a big game.

splatbass 04-06-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Why would Reid and Dorsey give a shit what round he was drafted in by a previous regime? That draft pick is gone, it does not matter at this point. If he sucks you cut him and move on. Clearly they don't think he sucks.

Hammock Parties 04-06-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9562228)
Why would Reid and Dorsey give a shit what round he was drafted in by a previous regime? That draft pick is gone, it does not matter at this point. If he sucks you cut him and move on. Clearly they don't think he sucks.

You have no idea what they think. It's ****ing April.

splatbass 04-06-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9562239)
You have no idea what they think. It's ****ing April.

Reid has told us.

SAUTO 04-06-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9562224)
Seriously? ROFL

There is 0 chance of Dexter McCluster ever becoming any kind of threat on offense.

no you won't
Posted via Mobile Device

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-06-2013 06:05 PM

He is not quick and he has no agility. Stop slurping a narrative and watch the ****ing games. They play them on network television, so they aren't that ****ing hard to catch.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-06-2013 06:05 PM

He'll be the primary slot guy again and probably get a few carries causing much crying and moaning by those that didn't like the pick.

notorious 04-06-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Seriously? ROFL

LMAO

Just be careful if Reerun offers you a bet when it comes to McMidget again.

Hammock Parties 04-06-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9562254)
they aren't that ****ing hard to catch.

Neither is McCluster.

250 pound guys run him down with ease.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-06-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9562288)
LMAO

Just be careful if Reerun offers you a bet when it comes to McMidget again.

I'm waiting for him to strike like a Viper. Maybe a roster bet since everyone's so suuuure he's so bad.

Loser has to include various little people in every post.

Deberg_1990 04-06-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9561002)
I predict this thread to have no fewer than 12 pages.

Ill keep bumping until we get to 12.

Hammock Parties 04-06-2013 07:36 PM

when I post some ****ing gifs in here of the sawed off shit pile doing his little shimmy, the elastic waistband on this sucker is going to blow

Deberg_1990 04-06-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Seriously? ROFL

No you wont, and he already has. Raiders game at Arrowhead Dec 2011.

Hammock Parties 04-06-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9562694)
No you wont, and he already has. Raiders game at Arrowhead Dec 2011.

ROFL

That wasn't a big game.

Deberg_1990 04-06-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9562701)
ROFL

That wasn't a big game.

It would have kept us in the division/playoff hunt had we won.

Hammock Parties 04-06-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9562716)
It would have kept us in the division/playoff hunt had we won.

Low standards are why we have a legion of Dexter McShitster fans.

Deberg_1990 04-06-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9562730)
Low standards are why we have a legion of Dexter McShitster fans.

Im not a huge fan, but hes ok. I just realize what he is, a role player. Hes not spectacular, nor is he completely worthless. Hes not worth obsessing over one way or the other like you and alot of others do.

splatbass 04-06-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9562681)
when I post some ****ing gifs in here of the sawed off shit pile doing his little shimmy, the elastic waistband on this sucker is going to blow

You cherry pick the GIFs that show what you want and ignore the rest. Completely meaningless.

Simply Red 04-06-2013 07:59 PM

Andy Reid used to be an elite coach - we're so screwed. Hope I'm wrong. :shake:

Hammock Parties 04-06-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9562836)
You cherry pick the GIFs that show what you want and ignore the rest. Completely meaningless.

7 turnovers in only 60 touches isn't cherry picking shit.

That's a disgusting ratio.

The people cherry picking are the homers. I can think of 5 plays he made last year that were worth shit. And one of them was in garbage time in Oakland.

Hammock Parties 04-06-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9562752)
Hes not spectacular, nor is he completely worthless.

Anyone can do what he does. Anyone. He does absolutely nothing some slapdick off the street couldn't do.

His best attribute is "I try hard."

Simply Red 04-06-2013 08:10 PM

honestly - it's like he used all of his speed up on the ONE punt return, his first NFL game vs. The Chargers. Almost as if he murmured, that game: "this is what I CAN do" -- then the season started & sank in, and he spat: "this is what I WILL do" I hate that son of bitch, personally - and I regret buying his teeshirt off of his website.

chiefzilla1501 04-06-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Don't pull that bullshit. He cut Winston and Cassel (who is basically a second round pick) and didn't re-sign Dorsey. Reid and Dorsey haven't been shy about cutting guys from the previous regime. Nor have they sat there and sucked the nuts of people just because they're on the team.

If Reid is talking about him, it's because he wants to use him. Ridiculous to suggest that he's keeping him because of his draft status.

go bo 04-06-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9561944)

no, no, no...

it's "your and idiot" or something like that...

how long have you been in these parts, anywhoo?

RunKC 04-06-2013 09:30 PM

I'm gonna call it. McCluster is going to have a solid year and will look impressive like he did in flashes in 2010.

chiefzilla1501 04-06-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9562254)
He is not quick and he has no agility. Stop slurping a narrative and watch the ****ing games. They play them on network television, so they aren't that ****ing hard to catch.

The idea that McCluster has not played well is 100% true and maybe he never will. The idea people are selling that he's not quick or agile is just your typical CP "when I hate a guy, I hate everything about him."

go bo 04-06-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Seriously? ROFL

horsepucky!

Tribal Warfare 04-06-2013 09:33 PM

Reid has big plans for McCluster
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star
Andy Reid wanted to draft Dexter McCluster in 2010, when Reid coached the Philadelphia Eagles and McCluster was coming out of college at Mississippi.

The Chiefs got to McCluster instead, taking him with a pick early in the second round. But it’s no coincidence that one of Reid’s favorite topics since joining the Chiefs in January as their new coach is McCluster and what he can do for the Chiefs on offense as a receiver and a runner and on special teams.

“He’s not the biggest guy in the world, but he’s got a heart of a lion,” Reid said. “He’s got that … tremendous quickness and can catch. He’s pretty good at running the football, so there is a place for him. You line him up everywhere. You can move him around and kind of do some unique things with him.

“I like McCluster. I think he’s a good football player and he has a role on this football team. I’ve got some things in mind for him.”

This wouldn’t be the first time that the Chiefs had big plans for McCluster. But he has only infrequently lived up to them.

His signature play from his three seasons with the Chiefs came in his first regular-season game when he returned a punt for a touchdown to spark a victory over San Diego. Otherwise, McCluster has 119 catches, 657 rushing yards and four touchdowns, but few big plays of the game-changing variety.

Reid and offensive coordinator Doug Pederson may not be able to get anything more from McCluster, though it sounds as if they will try.

“I was interested in drafting him,” Reid said. “It just didn’t fall that way. But I did have some interest. I liked him as a football player. He’s a unique talent because he can do a couple, three different things for you whether it’s special teams as a returner or whether it’s offense as a receiver or a running back.

“His value … is that you can move him into different spots where you can utilize his talents the best. You saw what Charlie (Weis) did with him the one year when he kind of mixed him in the different positions offensively. He can handle it. He’s a sharp kid. Obviously he’s a talented kid.”

For his part, McCluster thought the Eagles might draft him in 2010. He said that at the time he had never met Reid and didn’t visit the Eagles in Philadelphia before the draft but “there were rumors circulating that he had some interest in me.”

Reid will be McCluster’s third head coach and Pederson his fourth offensive coordinator. While the others generally kept McCluster at a certain position for an entire season — he lined up mostly as a receiver in 2010 and 2012 and a running back in 2011 — the Chiefs don’t plan a specific role for McCluster.

That suits him well.

“Keeping the defense on their toes,” McCluster said. “Move me around, make a headache for the defense. He said he wants to use me in multiple places. That’s the type of player I am and that’s the type of player I’ve been. Now I have the opportunity to showcase what I can really do.”

McCluster said he’s as frustrated as anyone that he hasn’t delivered more big plays. He played in all 16 games the past two seasons and was the Chiefs’ second-leading rusher in 2011 and their second-leading pass receiver last season.

But he said a better test of what he was capable of would come this season.

“I would just say opportunity,” McCluster said when asked why he hasn’t been the player the Chiefs, and apparently Reid, envisioned when he was drafted. “Opportunity has been limited. I’m not a guy that’s always complaining how I want the ball and I need the ball. The chips are going to fall into place. I’ve been saying this for a couple of years now: When it’s my time, it’s going to be my time. That’s my mind-set. I’m going to go out there and I’m going to grind. The world will know when Dexter McCluster is out there.”

RunKC 04-06-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9562949)
The people cherry picking are the homers. I can think of 5 plays he made last year that were worth shit. And one of them was in garbage time in Oakland.

I'm sure his coaching staff and QB had absolutely nothing to do with this huh?

Hammock Parties 04-06-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9563291)
I'm sure his coaching staff and QB had absolutely nothing to do with this huh?

Again...good players can overcome.

milkman 04-06-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9563283)
The idea that McCluster has not played well is 100% true and maybe he never will. The idea people are selling that he's not quick or agile is just your typical CP "when I hate a guy, I hate everything about him."

Whether or not he is quick or agile in drills is irrelevant.

That hasn't trannslated to the field, whether he has someone on him the moment he gets the ball in his hands, or he has had space to work in.

He has been nothing short of pedestrian.

splatbass 04-06-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9563273)
Don't pull that bullshit. He cut Winston and Cassel (who is basically a second round pick) and didn't re-sign Dorsey. Reid and Dorsey haven't been shy about cutting guys from the previous regime. Nor have they sat there and sucked the nuts of people just because they're on the team.

If Reid is talking about him, it's because he wants to use him. Ridiculous to suggest that he's keeping him because of his draft status.

This.

splatbass 04-06-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go bowe (Post 9563278)
no, no, no...

it's "your and idiot" or something like that...

how long have you been in these parts, anywhoo?

Well, I've been here 12 years, but I am a slow learner....

chiefzilla1501 04-06-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9563302)
Whether or not he is quick or agile in drills is irrelevant.

That hasn't trannslated to the field, whether he has someone on him the moment he gets the ball in his hands, or he has had space to work in.

He has been nothing short of pedestrian.

It showed up on the field in college. Like I said, it hasn't translated on the NFL level. Maybe it never will. SOme of that is being put in poor situations to use that talent, and a lot of it is just not yet knowing how to attack open space -- he too often seems tentative or he gets too cute.

But the idea that he isn't fast or agile is laughable. Let's not get carried away here.

RunKC 04-06-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9563301)
Again...good players can overcome.

With an offensive coach that isn't a dumbass he can actually look promising as seen here.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/B76nh3VOChc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We also have an awesome ST's coach now. We'll see how much that helps.

Hammock Parties 04-06-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9563326)
With an offensive coach that isn't a dumbass he can actually look promising as seen here.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/B76nh3VOChc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We also have an awesome ST's coach now. We'll see how much that helps.

Dude...watch the video.

THERE ARE LIKE FIVE TOTAL PLAYS IN IT.

ROFL

FIVE PLAYS. FROM AN ENTIRE SEASON?! ROFLROFLROFLROFL

RunKC 04-06-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9563335)
Dude...watch the video.

THERE ARE LIKE FIVE TOTAL PLAYS IN IT.

ROFL

FIVE PLAYS. FROM AN ENTIRE SEASON?! ROFLROFLROFLROFL

And he's making people miss, not something any player off the street could do like you stupidly claim.

But it doesn't matter. Dex could score 2 TD's in a game and you would still say he sucks.

Hammock Parties 04-06-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9563361)
And he's making people miss, not something any player off the street could do like you stupidly claim.

But it doesn't matter. Dex could score 2 TD's in a game and you would still say he sucks.

I never said he had NEVER made a player miss.

He does it at a rate that is laughable, though. Players off the street can make a guy miss 1/100 times.

Dex will never score 2 TDs in a game, BTW.

Discuss Thrower 04-06-2013 09:56 PM

I doubt McCluster dresses for 16 games, let alone puts up 2010 level numbers.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-06-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9563283)

Again, when has he ever displayed either quickness or agility on a football field?

Hammock Parties 04-06-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9563395)
Again, when has he ever displayed either quickness or agility on a football field?

Didn't you see that play where he juked a guy who literally has 100 pounds on him?

chiefzilla1501 04-06-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9563395)

This is an impossible argument to win with someone who has a set opinion on him. There are a ton of college clips of him outrunning players where a trailing defender gets completely schooled, and there are plenty of clips between college and the NFL where he shows the ability to change direction sharply and on a dime.

He was a playmaker at Ole' Miss and unbelievably productive. The idea that he did that because he was short, undersized, slow, and had no moves but must have had the offensive line of the 2003 Kansas City Chiefs... c'mon, man.

Hammock Parties 04-06-2013 10:08 PM

You're making this too complicated.

Does he have a history of making plays? No.

Does he have a history of turning the ball over? Yes.

Can we do better? By a factor of millions.

I'm gonna piss fire in game threads every time this worthless ****stick catches another football and does nothing with it next season. He needs a god damn reckoning. The last remnant of the Pioli shitpile must be flushed.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-06-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9563406)
This is an impossible argument to win with someone who has a set opinion on him. There are a ton of college clips of him outrunning players where a trailing defender gets completely schooled, and there are plenty of clips between college and the NFL where he shows the ability to change direction sharply and on a dime.

He was a playmaker at Ole' Miss and unbelievably productive. The idea that he did that because he was short, undersized, slow, and had no moves but must have had the offensive line of the 2003 Kansas City Chiefs... c'mon, man.

The SEC is the best conference in CFB, but it's still an order of magnitude below the NFL.

Tim Tebow dominated the SEC. Danny Wuerfel dominated the SEC. Knowshon Moreno was a great back in the SEC.

What happened to them at the next level?

Some guys just aren't good enough to translate.

He's more Brian Shaw than Brian Westbrook.