ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Peyton Manning on 610 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266927)

mr. tegu 11-21-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9139719)
boy this one dude is not the brightest. Doesn't think Manning would help the team exponentually. Doesn't think it would help out the D or make the players around him that much better. Doesn't think that our OLine is very good and Peyton wouldn't really improve their play either.

That was Pearson. I had to close it right away it was making me so angry how he could say such stupid things.

ghak99 11-21-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9139725)
then why the hell would we want to talk to him
?

Free Pizza? :shrug:

loochy 11-21-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghak99 (Post 9139730)
Free Pizza? :shrug:

Gravitational pull from his forehead?

Bowser 11-21-2012 02:34 PM

Pinched nerve in his neck that won't allow him to hang up the phone?

Chief Roundup 11-21-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9139727)
That was Pearson. I had to close it right away it was making me so angry how he could say such stupid things.

Thanks for the info...Jayce Pearson They just said. I am just blown away how anyone could think that Manning wouldn't improve all facets of the team. Or that with Manning we wouldn't be a playoff team.

Taco John 11-21-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 9139714)
I hope somebody confronts him with a hard-hitting question of some kind.

"Peyton, what gives you the right to, in the middle of filming a one-time-shot Papa John's pizza commercial with Papa John himself, promise customers 1 million more free pizzas than was originally agreed upon?"

Total douche move on the spot like that.

rabblerouser 11-21-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9139725)
then why the hell would we want to talk to him
?

exactly. We don't want to hear any of your standard, typical, diplomatic NFL double-talk.

Peyton's a pederast.

8 year olds, dude.

ptlyon 11-21-2012 03:34 PM

The reason he didn't sign with us is because he didn't want to deal with the wrath of the SOC

htismaqe 11-21-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9139719)
boy this one dude is not the brightest. Doesn't think Manning would help the team exponentually. Doesn't think it would help out the D or make the players around him that much better. Doesn't think that our OLine is very good and Peyton wouldn't really improve their play either.

Alot of the former players think the o-line is alot more important than it really is.

When asked about Cassel, the first thing Eddie Kennison says is "offensive line isn't very good".

Same for Trent Green, Len Dawson, Herm Edwards, Priest Holmes, and every other former player I've heard on the radio.

Hammock Parties 11-21-2012 03:46 PM

And yet Cassel is among the league leaders in time to throw.

Chiefnj2 11-21-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9139877)
Alot of the former players think the o-line is alot more important than it really is.

Maybe they know better than the fans.

CoMoChief 11-21-2012 03:58 PM

Oline isn't a problem.....except the Buffalo game. But everyone played like shit that game.

Our QB's are garbage. Good ones make the entire team better, Good QB's can see plays develop and can get the ball out before the defense can react.

Trent Green wasn't anything sepcial. he was a system QB that had one of the best Olines in the history of the NFL blocking for him. We prob won't ever see an Oline like that in KC again. We're all spoiled from the DV years and I think subconsiously we will always compare Oline play to that group during the DV era.

Hammock Parties 11-21-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9139903)
Maybe they know better than the fans.

Yeah, and Tony Gonzalez wanted to keep Herm as head coach with Thigpen at QB.

Players can be wrong. All the ****ing time. They live in their own little world and often don't see it as rationally as we do.

Chiefnj2 11-21-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9139909)
Yeah, and Tony Gonzalez wanted to keep Herm as head coach with Thigpen at QB.

Players can be wrong. All the ****ing time. They live in their own little world and often don't see it as rationally as we do.

They don't see it as rationally as you do? So when 4-5 former players say the same thing, they aren't being rational even though they are 8-10 years removed from the game?

Hammock Parties 11-21-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9139916)
They don't see it as rationally as you do? So when 4-5 former players say the same thing, they aren't being rational even though they are 8-10 years removed from the game?

When you have two of the top 20 tackles in the game your pass protection is not an issue.

The fact is that Cassel has always made offensive lines look bad...this dates back to New England.