ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Your OROTY is... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269626)

Fritz88 02-02-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9373646)
If they switched teams now, I would stil be saying that Wilson will have more SBs.

Okay old man. Enough for tonight.

I think Russell was better than both and should have been the winner. But he will win SBs because his team is a SB contender.

ThaVirus 02-02-2013 10:49 PM

Its like some of you never even watched Wilson play this season.

The dude has pinpoint accuracy, he makes all the throws, he makes great decisions, he shows poise in the pocket, he can extend plays while inside the pocket, he can run the ball extremely effectively, and most importantly, he knows when to tuck it and run/how not to take big hits.

There's no doubt in my mind that he was the most mature rookie QB this season as far as their play on the field would indicate. The only argument anyone has against him is his height (which he's shown means exactly jack and shit) and his strong supporting cast.

houstonwhodat 02-02-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 9373517)
Award wasn't for best expected career, yo.

I hear ya.

Just seems like the media picks someone and puts all their PR behind it.

threebag 02-02-2013 10:55 PM

And the midgets

spades 02-02-2013 11:04 PM

luck should have won it

the colts had 40 million in dead cap space. yet he took them to the playoffs. they had zero defense and no running game. wilson and rg3 had good to great running games.

arians also had luck throwing downfield every damn play. reeruned use of a qb with no oline.

Joe Seahawk 02-03-2013 01:15 AM

I would have loved to see Russel win it (BTW, how was he not the pro bowl MVP?) But, you cant go wrong with any of these 3 as OROTY this year.

I love how Wilson says "Go Hawks" at the end of every interview.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-honors...FL-Honors-red-

tk13 02-03-2013 02:02 AM

I've watched the midget play plenty of times. Get outta here with that. He did a great job. And most importantly he has a great work ethic, so he'll keep working as defenses start adjusting to the read option.

But Luck is a robot built to play QB. These comments I read on the internet claiming Wilson is so far ahead of these other guys or more mature don't know what they're talking about. Luck set rookie records for yards, yards in a single game, 300 yard games, game winning drives, and on and on. It's really kind of amazing that people have just glossed over it all because he doesn't run like Barry Sanders. It's almost like no one noticed. He probably had the best passing season by a rookie in NFL history. How can you argue otherwise? I don't know how you can say the QB who led the league in game winning drives didn't show poise. You look at other highly touted #1 QBs like both Mannings and Stafford, and they did not throw more TDs than INTs their first year. Luck not only did that but lifted an average (likely below average) team to the playoffs.

Matt Cassel averaged more yards/game passing than Russell Wilson did this year. Although Wilson did average about 30 yards rushing a game. Maybe it won't matter... you do have to have some semblance of a team. You need a franchise QB to win, but the best QB doesn't win every year. Russell Wilson with the #1 defense might have a better shot than Luck with a bottom third defense. That may be true. Joe Flacco certainly hasn't been the best regular season QB the last couple years but he's been a different guy in the playoffs. Meanwhile Rodgers and Brees both played out of their mind in 2011 and their teams bombed in the playoffs.

Bump 02-03-2013 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9373489)
Luck put up large portion of his numbers against prevent defenses.

To his credit, he produced in those situations, where others haven't.

But his rookie season wasn't as spectacular as most make it out to be.

nah, Luck is scary good. Once he stops making mistakes and gets it. It's gonna be ridiculous.

GoChargers 02-03-2013 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9373667)
Just seems like the media picks someone and puts all their PR behind it.

And they had been pimping Luck since his first day at Stanford practically. They finally had to change their tune once RG3 and Wilson started outplaying Luck in the NFL.

Sorter 02-03-2013 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 9373909)
And they had been pimping Luck since his first day at Stanford practically. They finally had to change their tune once RG3 and Wilson started outplaying Luck in the NFL.

To be fair, it isn't like Luck played at a poor level despite his TD/INT ratio and comp. %. It could very well be the case of possibly 3 future elite QBs. For Luck to have been outplayed by RG3/Wilson isn't a slight on Luck IMO. All 3 look like guys who will be in SB contention for a very long time.

Rasputin 02-03-2013 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spades (Post 9373687)
luck should have won it

the colts had 40 million in dead cap space. yet he took them to the playoffs. they had zero defense and no running game. wilson and rg3 had good to great running games.

arians also had luck throwing downfield every damn play. reeruned use of a qb with no oline.

I lean toward Luck as well, just for how much he was asked to throw this season and still produce at a high level. They are all good QBs. With RGIII injury prone being an issue I'd draft them Luck, Wilson then.... RGIII

ThaVirus 02-03-2013 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9373895)
But Luck is a robot built to play QB. These comments I read on the internet claiming Wilson is so far ahead of these other guys or more mature don't know what they're talking about. Luck set rookie records for yards, yards in a single game, 300 yard games, game winning drives, and on and on. It's really kind of amazing that people have just glossed over it all because he doesn't run like Barry Sanders. It's almost like no one noticed. He probably had the best passing season by a rookie in NFL history. How can you argue otherwise? I don't know how you can say the QB who led the league in game winning drives didn't show poise. You look at other highly touted #1 QBs like both Mannings and Stafford, and they did not throw more TDs than INTs their first year. Luck not only did that but lifted an average (likely below average) team to the playoffs.

This is actually a pretty good argument.

I'd still give my vote to RGIII though.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-03-2013 07:31 AM

IMO Russel Wilson got jobbed.

Mr. Flopnuts 02-03-2013 08:12 AM

So basically since everyone was too dumb to draft Russell Wilson before the 3rd round because of his height, he gets hosed out of OROTY. Got it. :shake:

Hammock Parties 02-03-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9374018)
So basically since everyone was too dumb to draft Russell Wilson before the 3rd round because of his height, he gets hosed out of OROTY. Got it. :shake:

I think it has more to do with media exposure than performance.

The media loved RGIII and loved the fact he was in DC.

That is why he won this award.

Luck was the better QB and Russell Wilson was roughly comparable.

I don't think RGIII or Russell Wilson take the Colts to 11 wins.

And for all the complaining about the weak schedule Indy played, the Redskins were 24th.

http://nfltraderumors.co/2012-nfl-strength-of-schedule/