ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Funny Stuff Does this commercial make anyone else laugh? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=167965)

Rain Man 08-18-2007 12:29 AM

Does this commercial make anyone else laugh?

There's a commercial on now for a new medical pill. It's called Aciphex. They talk a lot about Aciphex, and then they talk about the side effects and other features of Aciphex.

Aciphex. Say it fast. How did that name get through the focus groups? It sounds more like a side effect than a treatment.

Bob Dole 08-18-2007 12:41 AM

Did they hire Corona Research to do the market research or something?

Rain Man 08-18-2007 08:06 PM

Seriously, think about it. Throughout a ten-year cycle of development and testing, no one noticed that name?

Pharmacist: May I help you?

Customer: Do you have Aciphex?

Pharmacist: Only after I eat Mexican.

Doctor: I think you need some Aciphex.

Patient: But I have a tattoo there already.

ChiefaRoo 08-18-2007 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
Seriously, think about it. Throughout a ten-year cycle of development and testing, no one noticed that name?

Sometimes you are one strange dude Rain Man.

Rain Man 08-18-2007 10:07 PM

Announcer: The side effects of Aciphex may include flatulence, diarrhea, or other aciphex.

Simplex3 08-19-2007 05:05 AM

On a more serious note, WTF is with us that we think we require a pill for every damned thing in the world? How many friggin' drugs do you people take?

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-19-2007 05:40 AM

So I take it that the "A" is short?...Ass-effects...because when I read it the first 20 times I gave it a long "A".... and Ace-effects meant nothing to me.

An initial pronounciation key may have saved the humor for me.

Ultra Peanut 08-19-2007 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplex3
On a more serious note, WTF is with us that we think we require a pill for every damned thing in the world? How many friggin' drugs do you people take?

BY GOD BACK IN MY DAY IF YOU HAD AN UPSET STOMACH YOU JUST CUT OFF A FINGER TO TAKE YOUR MIND OFF IT

Lzen 08-19-2007 08:08 AM

Yes, it is ass effects.

milkman 08-19-2007 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen
Not to spoil your fun but I'm pretty sure that it is not Aciphex. I believe it is Acephex. And you pronounce the first part "ace", not ass. It isn't new, either. I used to take this medicine a few years ago. Trust me, if you have GERD, a.k.a. acid reflux these type of drugs are life savers.

Kiljoy

Lzen 08-19-2007 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman
Kiljoy

Yeah, sry. :D

Rain Man 08-19-2007 10:22 AM

Quote:

Not to spoil your fun but I'm pretty sure that it is not Aciphex. I believe it is Acephex. And you pronounce the first part "ace", not ass. It isn't new, either. I used to take this medicine a few years ago. Trust me, if you have GERD, a.k.a. acid reflux these type of drugs are life savers.

I dunno. On the commercial, it sounds to me like they're pronouncing it with a short a. Maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part, though.

Extra Point 08-19-2007 10:32 AM

I heard of a guy with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, and the incredible urge to blow up tunnels.

Ultra Peanut 08-19-2007 11:24 AM

Quote:

YOU GOT FINGERS WHATTAYA NEED DRUGS FER

TinyEvel 08-19-2007 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man

In two minutes, Rainman has just written a better commercial than them.
:clap: