ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ***Official 2012-13 Mizzou football repository thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256647)

Saul Good 03-07-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8425138)
It's not too difficult to "scour" one page. But if thinking about KU is the only thing that is going to get interest in Mizzou football going around here then I guess we'll just have to play along.

It would be very easy for me to scour the Wichita State thread. I don't, though...because I don't care.

Meanwhile, you respond immediately to things posted in Mizzou threads...because you care a lot.

That's okay, though. I'm glad you're so into Mizzou. Granted, it's hard not to be when they have been at the center of the biggest story in college athletics over the past few years.

|Zach| 03-07-2012 01:21 PM

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8eECpc7G5a4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

beer bacon 03-07-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8425039)
I'm still waiting on you to point out the ownage in the interview. If anything Pinkel came off like an asshole. He sure seems to think not so highly of the talent of Big 12 Football. Funny being that he never won the league, lol

lol kansas football

kepp 03-07-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zoccer| (Post 8425310)

That's awesome.

kepp 03-07-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8425094)
- Spelled out clearly why the SEC was a huge win for Mizzou
- Said Haith not winning Big Leftover COY was due clearly to butthurt coaches stuck in this sinking ship of a conference
- Repeatedly said Mizzou and ku would play again and laughed at anyone who thinks it won't happen again
- Said the state of Missouri is overwhelmingly in favor of the move, and provided our early recruiting success as a significant data point

Those are all points that Fesclown and other KC radio morons have argued against, yet Fesclown just sat there like a bitch while Pinkel told him how it was. It was f'n hysterical. Absolute ownage.

His more direct shots at Fescoe (and other ku media drones) was when he referenced the propaganda coming out of the KC media against the SEC move.

duncan_idaho 03-07-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8425039)
I'm still waiting on you to point out the ownage in the interview. If anything Pinkel came off like an asshole. He sure seems to think not so highly of the talent of Big 12 Football. Funny being that he never won the league, lol

Ironic post is ironic, coming from a fan of KU.

You realize your coach is one of the most notorious assholes in football, right?

He managed to engender as much hate in one year in Florida as he did in four-five years in South Bend.

Pitt Gorilla 03-07-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 8425142)
Super-secret sources. ;)

Started on the PowerMizzou premium board. Quickly made its way to the Main Rivals Board, then to TigerBoard, etc.

It's out there now, so I know Gabe doesn't mind it being credited.

I will say this, though. The guys that run the Arkansas site are freaking hacks. They posted an article after Arkie's junior day that was heavily pro-Arkansas (with no mention of any other schools). Afterwards, PM got in touch with Ramirez, who told them Missouri was his leader and would remain his leader even if/when Arkie offers, and to "please quote me on that."

The Arkie writer then tried to downplay it, saying Ramirez was only saying what Missouri fans wanted to hear.

This is the same guy perpetuating a story that DGB:

1) Committed to Arkansas coaches after the Auburn game
2) Re-affirmed the commitment to coaches and players during his official visit
3) Called Arkansas the day before National Signing Day to reaffirm again

Meanwhile, everyone else (including reporters at OU's site and two national recruiting analysts) was hearing that DGB was recruiting Durron Neal HARD to Mizzou.

YEah, that's something an Arkie silent commit/re-affirmed commit would do...

Apparently, Arkie writers and maybe the coaches need to learn the difference between a recruit saying "I could see myself here, I like it" and "I am coming here."

You're familiar with Arky Fan, are you not? Every recruit is security committed to Arkansas. If the player does decide to go elsewhere, it's because Arkansas pulled the scholarship or money was exchanged under the table.

The Mods/Writers on the Arkansas sites are simply pandering to the base.

Titty Meat 03-07-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 8425142)
Super-secret sources. ;)

Started on the PowerMizzou premium board. Quickly made its way to the Main Rivals Board, then to TigerBoard, etc.

It's out there now, so I know Gabe doesn't mind it being credited.

I will say this, though. The guys that run the Arkansas site are freaking hacks. They posted an article after Arkie's junior day that was heavily pro-Arkansas (with no mention of any other schools). Afterwards, PM got in touch with Ramirez, who told them Missouri was his leader and would remain his leader even if/when Arkie offers, and to "please quote me on that."

The Arkie writer then tried to downplay it, saying Ramirez was only saying what Missouri fans wanted to hear.

This is the same guy perpetuating a story that DGB:

1) Committed to Arkansas coaches after the Auburn game
2) Re-affirmed the commitment to coaches and players during his official visit
3) Called Arkansas the day before National Signing Day to reaffirm again

Meanwhile, everyone else (including reporters at OU's site and two national recruiting analysts) was hearing that DGB was recruiting Durron Neal HARD to Mizzou.

YEah, that's something an Arkie silent commit/re-affirmed commit would do...

Apparently, Arkie writers and maybe the coaches need to learn the difference between a recruit saying "I could see myself here, I like it" and "I am coming here."

Damn. Any mention of Nebraska? Because what I read on Huskerboard is it seems like the kid really likes us and we'll be in the running. Can you confirm this at all?

Al Bundy 03-07-2012 04:36 PM

Fescoe is a turd. I have met the guy and he really is an asshole.

duncan_idaho 03-07-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8425835)
Damn. Any mention of Nebraska? Because what I read on Huskerboard is it seems like the kid really likes us and we'll be in the running. Can you confirm this at all?

I know he likes Nebraska, but I don't get the sense that they're major competition. It sounds pretty good for Mizzou right now, honestly, and that's from stuff coming out of his mouth.

Could see this working out like Michael Rose last year (Where there just isn't that much interest in anyone else).

Pasta Little Brioni 03-07-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8425168)
It would be very easy for me to scour the Wichita State thread. I don't, though...because I don't care.

Meanwhile, you respond immediately to things posted in Mizzou threads...because you care a lot.

That's okay, though. I'm glad you're so into Mizzou. Granted, it's hard not to be when they have been at the center of the biggest story in college athletics over the past few years.

The lil guy has SEC fever. Can't blame him, but he should admit it.

Pitt Gorilla 03-07-2012 06:30 PM

Another rendition.

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/n.../mock_unis.jpg

KingPriest2 03-08-2012 07:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The new helmets

pkane 03-08-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingPriest2 (Post 8430795)
The new helmets

For real?

If so I like it. Pretty sweet.

OmahaChief 03-08-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pkane (Post 8430821)
For real?

If so I like it. Pretty sweet.

Not for real yet. A guy on PowerMizzou made that helmet.