ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs This coaching staff (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269363)

The Bad Guy 01-26-2013 10:49 PM

This coaching staff

There's 19 people (not including strength or conditioning coaches) on this staff.

That's an enormous staff.

I don't know what happened to Childress coming on, but I guess there's still room for him.

I can't criticize Clark for being cheap ever again. He's paying Romeo 7 million to sit at home and eat, he had to eat money with the staff contracts that were re-upped prior to last season, paid Pioli between 10-13 million to go away, still may end up paying Haley the 2 million he's owed.

On top of that. Reid is making between 35-40 million on his 5 year deal. I don't know what Dorsey got, but he has a 5 year deal as well. Dave Toub got close a million to be the ST coach.

We have 3 quality control coaches, a stat coordinator on staff, and an assistant special teams coach that's regarded as one of the 5 best ST coaches in the NFL.

I really didn't think Clark had it in him to do all of this and re-shape this franchise in just basically 4 weeks.

This staff went from being a ****ing laughable joke to being one of the deepest with tons of upcoming coaches.

Just remarkable. I really think there should be a collection taken to fly a banner at the home opener thanking for making the change. This guy was ****ing hammered with emails (I sent at least 1 every 2 days), banners flying, radio shows killing him and I think deserves the recognition at the opener. Hopefully SOC can pull something like that off.

BossChief 01-26-2013 10:52 PM

Is Emmitt Thomas still on staff after hiring Al Harris?

htismaqe 01-26-2013 10:52 PM

I believe we had 22 on staff during the Vermeil years.

Phobia 01-26-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9354312)
Is Emmitt Thomas still on staff after hiring Al Harris?

Yes.

Phobia 01-26-2013 10:53 PM

Agree, Frank. If this staff can't do something huge, something huge will never happen in KC.

mcaj22 01-26-2013 10:59 PM

i like the mix of a bunch of former players that are young coaches (Bienemy, Harris, Pederson, Nagy, etc) and a bunch of evaluators/analytical guys mixed in with vets like Andy Reid, Childress, etc. and then the consistency of Emmitt Thomas and Gary Gibbs, pretty much the only two coaches worth a shit from the prior staff, which was obvious by the fans and the new FO lol.

BossChief 01-26-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9354314)
Yes.

Wow, they aren't ****ing around.

Why hasn't Childress been announced as part of the staff? Is that a sure thing?

Word on Albert talks? Bowe?

htismaqe 01-26-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9354323)
i like the mix of a bunch of former players that are young coaches (Bienemy, Harris, Pederson, Nagy, etc) and a bunch of evaluators/analytical guys mixed in with vets like Andy Reid, Childress, etc.

Me too.

mcaj22 01-26-2013 11:02 PM

these guys will run a real practice not a Port o Potty Mo Carthon special or a Brian Daboll fisherman hat look at Jon Baldwin jump out of the gym off this trampoline and catch this ball one handed in shorts from a uncontested unpressured Castle lob.

Chiefshrink 01-26-2013 11:02 PM

Clark's a billionaire and few million is like pocket change for this guy and besides he knows the business side of it because if does a HUGE thing like Phobes said and goes well he will literally make a helluva a lot more than what it cost him to buyout the previous staff.

The Bad Guy 01-26-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9354317)
Agree, Frank. If this staff can't do something huge, something huge will never happen in KC.

Agree with that.

As for Vermeil's staff of 22, the most on a Vermeil coaching staff I think was 17.

Chiefshrink 01-26-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9354330)
these guys will run a real practice not a Port o Potty Mo Carthon special or a Brian Daboll fisherman hat look at Jon Baldwin jump out of the gym off this trampoline and catch this ball one handed in shorts from a uncontested unpressured Castle lob.

Reid loves to be in pads at all times always hitting. Wants a physical team:thumb:

mcaj22 01-26-2013 11:03 PM

how big is that soccer league Clark runs? is the MLS he's a part of a bigger money generated than the Chiefs?

no right? Just wondering how Clark pools his money for being involved in multisports and if there is any carry over.

Ill preface saying I dont watch soccer, so hopefully someone can educate me on that part.

The Bad Guy 01-26-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9354324)
Wow, they aren't ****ing around.

Why hasn't Childress been announced as part of the staff? Is that a sure thing?

Word on Albert talks? Bowe?

I don't know the answer to any of those.

Childress did meet with Reid here, and I was told that he was going to be part of the staff.

But I haven't heard anything on it lately.

No idea about the talks with those players.

Dr. Johnny Fever 01-26-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9354307)

That's an enormous staff.

If I had a dime for every time I've heard that...