ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Guild Wars 2 updates (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=229381)

Pants 09-02-2012 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 8872050)
Also forgot to mention, crafting stations also serve as bank access. Take advantage of it when you are in a place that has them.

I'm not sure what you by that. You can deposit crafting mats into your bank from anywhere in the world. You can do it by right-clicking on the item individually or by clicking the little gear icon on the top right corner of your inventory window to deposit everything in one click.

jspchief 09-02-2012 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8872137)
I'm not sure what you by that. You can deposit crafting mats into your bank from anywhere in the world. You can do it by right-clicking on the item individually or by clicking the little gear icon on the top right corner of your inventory window to deposit everything in one click.

You can make withdrawals and deposits of not just "collectables" at crafting stations. All bank transactions. Except guild bank.

Valiant 09-02-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 8872050)
Also forgot to mention, crafting stations also serve as bank access. Take advantage of it when you are in a place that has them.

Yeah, I have not even found the normal bank, I just use the crafting station..

Also, what is a good rate for coin to gem rate? I am running out of bank space..

Bump 09-02-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 8871780)
So a couple things about crafting...

If you're putting off crafting, reconsider. If you stay on top of it the gear you make is good. I have pieces sitting in my bag waiting for when I hit 20. And with discoveries you can focus on stat stacking (ie precision for me) instead of just equipping the best of what drops with random stats.

Also, with effective leveling, you don't gain a lot by putting it off. It's not like you can go back and start 1-shotting lvl 5 mobs to farm mats. Power leveling a profession won't be as fast as it might be in other games.

Also curious about salvage kits. I've been using the kits a few steps above the cheapest one, and I'm not sure I see much difference. I get what the tooltip claims, but does anyone have info on how to select the right salvage kit for what you are salvaging?

ya I'm level 65 hunstman and level 45 leatherworker. It takes a while to get the things you need. Discovery is the best way for sure to level up faster. Getting the tiny scales, totums, etc that I need for the stat item are kinda tough to get enough of them. Waiting for the trading post to go back up to get those harder to find things I need.

hometeam 09-03-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecoffeeguy (Post 8870864)
I went to go buy this today online, only be told it was sold out. I thought that was odd.
I did some digging to find out that, they are not in fact "sold out", but they halted sales because of some serious security issues currently going on....thats concerning.

I guess users who bought the game are receiving A TON of phishing emails...

Kinda sucks as i wanted to try it. Little concerning because makes me think ArenaNet was breached and all those email accounts were harvested.

Hello.

Let me introduce you into todays world of MMO hacking and phishing.

I want to start off by saying that the fact you said that you think email/pw combos have been taken from Anet shows you dont pay attention to gaming news. What is happening in gw2 is the same thing that happened to d3. Next, the % of accounts that have been compromised is in the tenths of 1% of total game accounts, and they have all been compromised becuase people dont follow day 1 kindergarten account security suggestions.

ALL of the MILLIONS of email/pass combos that these hackers are using are from the same list they have recently used against wow and d3. ALL of those name/pw combos where taken from ill secured fan sites, forums, and even non-gaming sites that had security vulnerabilities. In fact, there are MANY hacking groups out there that have been sold the original lists and nearly all have been secured. Out of those MILLIONS of accounts, very very very few have yielded an actually hacked account. And ONLY if you are using the same email/pw combo you have used on other ill secured websites!

Dont be a chicken little, and dont use the same password for everything. If you want a secure account, create a new email address with a unique pw and register it.

there ya go. Play the game.

edit; they didnt stop digital sales because of security concerns - they stopped becuase of server population concerns, They didnt want to give players bad service becuase there where too many of them. That being said AFAIK only the digital downloads bought at guild wars are turned off, other retailers, as long as they have cd keys left, should still be selling them. Try Amazon.

Bump 09-03-2012 04:39 PM

BADASS! I found my pet FO LIFE!

It looks just like what a mean badass Jayhawk would look like!

This game rules! ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!!!

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/...GW2Jayhawk.png

Pants 09-03-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8874817)

Holy shit, that's ****ing awesome.

Stanley Nickels 09-03-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Let's PVP just so I can kill it :D

Bump 09-03-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 8874845)
Let's PVP just so I can kill it :D

lol anytime, I'm on blackgate

Bump 09-03-2012 05:04 PM

she's like the old ancestor of the Jayhawk. She fought many wars back in the ancient times before history was written. The Jayhawk was a mighty warrior bird, this is how the Jayhawks faught!

Me and the War Jayhawk are gonna tear shit up son!!!!

jspchief 09-03-2012 05:14 PM

How did you get a pet? Drop? Or are you a ranger?

Bump 09-03-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 8874897)
How did you get a pet? Drop? Or are you a ranger?

ranger

hometeam 09-03-2012 10:56 PM

Quote:

booo!

Bump 09-03-2012 11:32 PM

I wonder if they have a KU grad/fan working on this game, that bird's colors are pretty lined up with the logo

Pants 09-03-2012 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8875924)
I wonder if they have a KU grad/fan working on this game, that bird's colors are pretty lined up with the logo

Well, it's pretty obvious, I think.

hometeam 09-04-2012 08:43 AM

you never know, as there are TONS of pop culture references in the game~

Also a i hope a black and gold tiger mauls your moa~

also guys, im 400 cooking! Hit me up if you need foodage i have a bunch I am not going to use!

Food always gives a bonus and then + exp 30 minute buffs

AndChiefs 09-04-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 8876188)

also guys, im 400 cooking! Hit me up if you need foodage i have a bunch I am not going to use!

I'm 220 armor, 250 jeweler. If anybody needs anything. I have no problem doing it for free.

Bump 09-04-2012 09:58 AM

Jesus, I thought I was doing ok getting my hunstman to 65, lol. I have some work to do on that.

Canofbier 09-04-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 8876188)

I got the swiftness on kill rune for my gun after you suggested it, but it only seems to last the five seconds it's supposed to after a kill. They must have fixed it.

hometeam 09-04-2012 10:36 AM

yes they did.. couple of days ago :(

thecoffeeguy 09-04-2012 01:01 PM

So, I just picked this up on Sunday (BestBuy had it in stock...woot!)

Anyway, fired it up and logged in.
First thing I noticed, I need to upgrade my rig LMAO (which is pretty good right now) to take advantage of all the graphic settings. Very anxious to do that.

Rolled a Charr Thief.
Combat is VERY different, but very very entertaining. Honestly, I thought I would absolutely hate to have to 'dodge', but I actually quite like it.
Combat takes some getting used to so I am still learning how everything works. For example, my main attack (button 1 by default), when I hover over it, it lists several different attacks and I am not quite sure when/how they work or are used...little confusing.

It DEFINITELY is different from traditional MMO's, but so far, it is refreshing. There is a learning curve, but thats cool...

I tried out PvP (I am a big time PvP'r...PvE is meh for me, but i still enjoy it).

I was floored when I saw all the different items you can get for PvP. Its like two different games really. PvP and PvE. Did a few matches last night and so far, after a few hours playing, i like it. I like that you cant just steamroll somebody due to gear difference. Combat is actually challenging and entertaining.

I tried to queue up for WvWvW, but I had to log after waiting about 10mins because it was full. Definitely want to try that out.

I tried a Thief and Ranger. Both are fun. Want to try a Necro and Mesmer.

BTW, can you only have a total of 5 character slots across all the servers?

Valiant 09-04-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecoffeeguy (Post 8876895)

First thing I noticed, I need to upgrade my rig LMAO (which is pretty good right now) to take advantage of all the graphic settings. Very anxious to do that.

Rolled a Charr Thief.
Combat is VERY different, but very very entertaining. Honestly, I thought I would absolutely hate to have to 'dodge', but I actually quite like it.
Combat takes some getting used to so I am still learning how everything works. For example, my main attack (button 1 by default), when I hover over it, it lists several different attacks and I am not quite sure when/how they work or are used...little confusing.

It DEFINITELY is different from traditional MMO's, but so far, it is refreshing. There is a learning curve, but thats cool...

I tried out PvP (I am a big time PvP'r...PvE is meh for me, but i still enjoy it).

I was floored when I saw all the different items you can get for PvP. Its like two different games really. PvP and PvE. Did a few matches last night and so far, after a few hours playing, i like it. I like that you cant just steamroll somebody due to gear difference. Combat is actually challenging and entertaining.

I tried to queue up for WvWvW, but I had to log after waiting about 10mins because it was full. Definitely want to try that out.

Really? my computer is from 2006 dual core and a 150 dollar graffix card from that time.. Runs it fine.. Don't get me wrong, if I had a new one it would be 100x prettier.. But on the low to mid settings, look beautiful and handles about 50+ players on screen no problem..

thecoffeeguy 09-05-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8878293)
Really? my computer is from 2006 dual core and a 150 dollar graffix card from that time.. Runs it fine.. Don't get me wrong, if I had a new one it would be 100x prettier.. But on the low to mid settings, look beautiful and handles about 50+ players on screen no problem..

Oh ya, I can run it fine, on lower settings, but i want higher settings. Plus I run a 27" monitor as well. I am super picky about how i want things to look. Dont get me wrong, it looks great now, but I want to turn on all the extra bells and whistles while still maintaining a high level of FPS...

Canofbier 09-07-2012 01:10 PM

For those of you still wondering if you should buy this game, here's a pretty comprehensive review that was posted just yesterday on YouTube. It's reasonably long, but if you're even remotely interested it ought to hold your interest.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ax-_06Acj8Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Incidentally, if you have this game, make sure that you have a UNIQUE password for your game account. My password was pretty complex, but it was the same as a password for something else that had apparently been discovered at some point, so I got hacked. Hoping that ArenaNet will restore my account soon, because I'm itching to play more of this game!

Bump 09-07-2012 01:13 PM

so is this correct about PvP? You can only get better looking items, not better items like with more damage or more armor or whatever? They are all going to have the same stats? But are there different runes? I made a few PvP items at the mythic forge and they had an open rune slot, so maybe you can make runes? I still don't understand how it works.

So that's when skill selection and actually player skill will come into play, I like that. It's not just a gear check, thats cool with me if that's the case.

Valiant 09-07-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecoffeeguy (Post 8876895)

Rolled a Charr Thief.

You can buy more slots with cash/gems or gold, but you better be an epic farmer for that.

hometeam 09-07-2012 07:33 PM

Items CAN have different stats, but basically all items are the same statwise. Ie; they all have a stat pool that can be a myriad of different things, so that you can specialize in one stat or another, but once your in the top tier items, they all have the same amount of total stats/damage.

All gear is absolutely even in Spvp.

The same goes for pve/wvw. While there is a top tier you can reach, after that, anything 'better' is based purely on cosmetic and what works for your particular build, nothing is inherently more power than anything of the same tier.

I think it goes like

Normal - white
Fine - blue
Masterwork - green
Epic - yellow
Legendary - gold

AndChiefs 09-09-2012 12:38 AM

Level 400 - Armorsmith

Let me know if you need anything made.

hometeam 09-09-2012 08:45 PM

ohhh sexayyy - what server?

AndChiefs 09-09-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 8896246)
ohhh sexayyy - what server?

Same as you. Name is Brimian. I'll be out of town until Thursday though.

I'm a 390 jeweler as well.

Valiant 09-10-2012 09:36 AM

So, was questing and filled my bags up again. In 20mins, 6greens and 2 chests..

Up to 32 I think.

hometeam 09-18-2012 09:19 AM

soooo

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arenanet
Announcing Guild Wars 2 for Mac
by The Guild Wars 2 Team on September 18, 2012

Today we’re happy to announce another major milestone in the development of Guild Wars 2: going forward, ArenaNet will also be supporting the game on Apple’s Mac OS X. The Mac Beta client is available immediately for all Guild Wars 2 players. It shares the same features and connects to the same live game servers as the PC client. Anyone who purchases Guild Wars 2 can now play it on both PC and Mac.
Bringing Guild Wars 2 to the Mac is huge for us, because it introduces the game to an entire group of players who are often ignored by game developers. The ability to play together with your friends is one of the underlying principles of Guild Wars 2, and providing a Mac client means that friends and guildmates can play together regardless of what operating system they favor.
On top of it all, ArenaNet staffers are big fans of Macs. We offer them as part of our employee laptop subsidy program, and our president Mike O’Brien is rarely seen without his Mac laptop. We’re as excited as anyone to play Guild Wars 2 on OS X.
The Mac Beta is available to anyone who has purchased or purchases Guild Wars 2. All you need is an active Guild Wars 2 account to download the Mac Beta client. Just log in to account.guildwars2.com and click Download Client to get started. If you have any questions, check out our Mac FAQ.
Keep in mind as you play the Mac Beta that it is a beta product. Performance and system requirements aren’t finalized. Review the beta hardware specification, and understand that your overall experience will be better when we release the final version. Even though it’s a beta, the Mac client does connect to the same live environment that the PC client connects to.
To bring Guild Wars 2 to the Mac, ArenaNet worked with our partners at TransGaming, whose Cider technology allows us to mirror the game experience as closely as possible between the PC and Mac. This means that future updates to Guild Wars 2 will be available for both platforms simultaneously.
So whether you’re a PC or a Mac, or both, we’ll see you in-game!

chasedude 10-12-2012 06:54 PM

How's everyone's experiences going? Got my Necro to 80, Ranger to 35 and Mesmer to 26. I've yet to hook up with an experienced group doing dungeons. I work too damn much can't seem to hook up with my guild mates to give it a go.

I've been enjoying PvP more than I've ever in any other game to date. I've never been an avid Pvper so this is quite a feat of change.

So now I'm in dire need of better FPS. Time to build me a new system. Been a couple years since I've built my own. I built a wish list up on newegg watcha think?

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/Pu...umber=28591328

Need to find a good liquid cooled heatsink, any suggestions?

Anyway, again... how's everyone's experience going?

Pants 10-12-2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasedude (Post 9006405)
How's everyone's experiences going? Got my Necro to 80, Ranger to 35 and Mesmer to 26. I've yet to hook up with an experienced group doing dungeons. I work too damn much can't seem to hook up with my guild mates to give it a go.

I've been enjoying PvP more than I've ever in any other game to date. I've never been an avid Pvper so this is quite a feat of change.

So now I'm in dire need of better FPS. Time to build me a new system. Been a couple years since I've built my own. I built a wish list up on newegg watcha think?

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/Pu...umber=28591328

Need to find a good liquid cooled heatsink, any suggestions?

Anyway, again... how's everyone's experience going?

I wouldn't get a liquid cooled heatsink and I would honestly get the i5 2500k instead of that FX CPU. :thumb:

chasedude 10-12-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9006547)
I wouldn't get a liquid cooled heatsink and I would honestly get the i5 2500k instead of that FX CPU. :thumb:

You think the Intel chips are that much better?

I've always used AMD CPU's, never had problems. I havn't compared benchmark tests but would like to see how they square up to each other.

chasedude 10-12-2012 08:25 PM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819115072

Twice as much as the AMD chip, is it really worth it?

Pants 10-12-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasedude (Post 9006657)
You think the Intel chips are that much better?

I've always used AMD CPU's, never had problems. I havn't compared benchmark tests but would like to see how they square up to each other.

I'm a huge AMD fanboy, but man... they really failed with the FX chips. I was really sad when the benchmarks came out. I've posted as much on CP before. The i5-2500k is faster than the FX 8170 and we're talking about stock frequencies. The 2500k is a breeze to OC to 4 Ghz (with no need for a liquid cooling solution either).

Here are some benchmarks (yes, the FX 4100 is there, it's just way down in the list). You can look at the other charts on that website if you feel like it.

As far as GW2 goes, I'm still enjoying it. :D

chasedude 10-12-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9006723)
I'm a huge AMD fanboy, but man... they really failed with the FX chips. I was really sad when the benchmarks came out. I've posted as much on CP before. The i5-2500k is faster than the FX 8170 and we're talking about stock frequencies. The 2500k is a breeze to OC to 4 Ghz (with no need for a liquid cooling solution either).

Here are some benchmarks (yes, the FX 4100 is there, it's just way down in the list). You can look at the other charts on that website if you feel like it.

As far as GW2 goes, I'm still enjoying it. :D

Thanks for the link, I compared both and the i5 seems to excel more than the FX does. Looking further on Newegg a comparable i7 is only 80 more. Yet the i5 has the Intel HD Graphics 3000 to where the i7 does not.

I understand this to be used primarily with onboard graphics which I care less since I'm adding a PCI-E graphics card. So I'm assuming it doesn't matter then with my build.

Edit: Glad to hear you're still enjoying GW2 :thumb:

Pants 10-12-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasedude (Post 9006774)
Thanks for the link, I compared both and the i5 seems to excel more than the FX does. Looking further on Newegg a comparable i7 is only 80 more. Yet the i5 has the Intel HD Graphics 3000 to where the i7 does not.

I understand this to be used primarily with onboard graphics which I care less since I'm adding a PCI-E graphics card. So I'm assuming it doesn't matter then with my build.

Edit: Glad to hear you're still enjoying GW2 :thumb:

I'd still get the 2500k and put that $80 into a quality mobo, but that's just a personal preference. I never skimp out on mobos and PSUs.

chasedude 10-12-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9006787)
I'd still get the 2500k and put that $80 into a quality mobo, but that's just a personal preference. I never skimp out on mobos and PSUs.

Going SS on HD so I need 6GB throughput and a reliable QUIET PSU is a must. Ok, gonna pick your brain further, which GPU chipset you prefer, AMD or NVIDIA?

Pants 10-12-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasedude (Post 9006803)
Going SS on HD so I need 6GB throughput and a reliable QUIET PSU is a must. Ok, gonna pick your brain further, which GPU chipset you prefer, AMD or NVIDIA?

Well, NVIDIA has their proprietary PhysX engine but I don't know how big of a deal that is to you. Personally, I prefer AMD because it's better bang for the buck. But if you're really interested, just check out the charts on tomshardware. They got everything listed, man. :D

chasedude 10-12-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9006863)
Well, NVIDIA has their proprietary PhysX engine but I don't know how big of a deal that is to you. Personally, I prefer AMD because it's better bang for the buck. But if you're really interested, just check out the charts on tomshardware. They got everything listed, man. :D

I'll compare notes on that site, thx

jspchief 10-13-2012 08:14 AM

Will second the recommendation for the i5-2500k. Built mine last year and very happy with it.

Rexx 10-15-2012 09:07 AM

I've got a level 26 Ranger, have fallen way behind in my crafting (leatherworking and jeweler). If anyone has any items they would be willing to part with, I'd be forever thankful.

Sofa King 10-16-2012 07:16 AM

So is this game worth a shit?

Stanley Nickels 10-16-2012 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 9019516)
So is this game worth a shit?

My personality is one of "all-or-nothing", and I'll usually play most games obsessively for a while before really growing tired of them and moving on. GW2, however, has been pretty consistently fun for me since its launch date. I think there are a few things working in its favor:
1) Much like WoW, the world is so huge and interactive, that you'll need a few months just to become acclimated. This keeps things from becoming boring and repetitive.
2) Crafting is FUN; I usually end up gathering while playing WvWvW, as the Battlegrounds have some really high-level stuff.
3) Having a guild keeps me playing on a more frequent basis. Whereas I didn't benefit much from the guild structure in WoW due to my low level, GW2 offers an immediate benefit by allowing ALL levels to immediately enter WvWvW at level 80.
4) WvWvW can be INCREDIBLY fun, especially when the servers reset and new matchups begin (usually Fri. night)

Here are a few cons, just so I can be fair and make sure I'm not misrepresenting my overall experience:
1) The currency system is far different than that of WoW. I spend most of my time with < 1 gold, and repairing my armor (I spend most of my time in WvWvW) can become very difficult. This can be alleviated by doing some PvE (dungeons, etc), but I do feel like I'm always strained on money.
2) Three of the four battlegrounds have the exact same layout. Literally, they are the SAME MAP. This can produce a very homogenized experience after you've spent enough time on the maps; defending a particular keep that you've had to defend 50+ previous times can become boring. If GW2 introduced three separate battlegrounds, and had a rotating server system (ie, Server 1 gets map 1 for a few days, then map 2, then map 3; same for Server 2 and Server 3) it would lead to a far more exciting and fresh experience.

Overall, I'm really pleased with the game. I'm having a lot of fun, and I still feel like I've only hit the tip of the proverbial iceberg.

chasedude 10-16-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 9019649)
My personality is one of "all-or-nothing", and I'll usually play most games obsessively for a while before really growing tired of them and moving on. GW2, however, has been pretty consistently fun for me since its launch date. I think there are a few things working in its favor:
1) Much like WoW, the world is so huge and interactive, that you'll need a few months just to become acclimated. This keeps things from becoming boring and repetitive.
2) Crafting is FUN; I usually end up gathering while playing WvWvW, as the Battlegrounds have some really high-level stuff.
3) Having a guild keeps me playing on a more frequent basis. Whereas I didn't benefit much from the guild structure in WoW due to my low level, GW2 offers an immediate benefit by allowing ALL levels to immediately enter WvWvW at level 80.
4) WvWvW can be INCREDIBLY fun, especially when the servers reset and new matchups begin (usually Fri. night)

Here are a few cons, just so I can be fair and make sure I'm not misrepresenting my overall experience:
1) The currency system is far different than that of WoW. I spend most of my time with < 1 gold, and repairing my armor (I spend most of my time in WvWvW) can become very difficult. This can be alleviated by doing some PvE (dungeons, etc), but I do feel like I'm always strained on money.
2) Three of the four battlegrounds have the exact same layout. Literally, they are the SAME MAP. This can produce a very homogenized experience after you've spent enough time on the maps; defending a particular keep that you've had to defend 50+ previous times can become boring. If GW2 introduced three separate battlegrounds, and had a rotating server system (ie, Server 1 gets map 1 for a few days, then map 2, then map 3; same for Server 2 and Server 3) it would lead to a far more exciting and fresh experience.

Overall, I'm really pleased with the game. I'm having a lot of fun, and I still feel like I've only hit the tip of the proverbial iceberg.

Arenanet is working on adding guild galls. It'll be complete customization. Raids can be ran on other guilds halls. It's idea is alot like City of Heros, if you've played. I mean this is "GUILD WARS" :D

Every Hall hall will be unique. I'm really looking forward to that update.

hometeam 10-16-2012 01:21 PM

Im still playing some, have a 80 necro and 54 ranger.

As for heatsinks make sure you get the h100~ Its the bomb. An i52500k is a good budget processor. Pair it with a 660ti and extreme 4 for a pretty killer budget system~

Javabean 11-14-2012 02:40 PM

The Lost Shores release will kick off with an event this Friday. The content looks interesting, especially the endless dungeon. I'm not sure how I feel about the new armor -- some people on the official forums are angry that it appears to be the first step of the genre's typical loot-grind treadmill. I think I need to see how it's implemented, but that is a concern.

I'm still thoroughly enjoying the game, though. I missed most of the October event, so I'm really looking forward to this one.

Pants 11-14-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javabean (Post 9118672)
The Lost Shores release will kick off with an event this Friday. The content looks interesting, especially the endless dungeon. I'm not sure how I feel about the new armor -- some people on the official forums are angry that it appears to be the first step of the genre's typical loot-grind treadmill. I think I need to see how it's implemented, but that is a concern.

I'm still thoroughly enjoying the game, though. I missed most of the October event, so I'm really looking forward to this one.

There needs to be some kind of a loot grind in the game. I have all the best shit possible in the game (outside of legendaries, which I won't even try for) so there's not really much for me left to do. I do WvWvW occasionally, but there's only so much of it I can do before I get bored. I haven't played GW2 at all this week because there's nothing for me to do there, really.

hometeam 11-15-2012 01:02 AM

I have been playing off and on still, just cant stick with a character and basically abandoned my necro as soon asi hit 80~

Javabean 11-15-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9118935)
There needs to be some kind of a loot grind in the game. I have all the best shit possible in the game (outside of legendaries, which I won't even try for) so there's not really much for me left to do. I do WvWvW occasionally, but there's only so much of it I can do before I get bored. I haven't played GW2 at all this week because there's nothing for me to do there, really.

I agree that they definitely need a better end game. I'm just not sure that it needs to be a loot grind. Although I am open to that idea -- as they need something and a loot grind is a standard, proven treadmill -- I'm hoping they can find something better than what most other MMOs have done.

For example, look at how they improved questing significantly by moving it from NPCs to real world events. I'd prefer they find something innovative like that for the end game.

chasedude 11-18-2012 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javabean (Post 9120658)
I agree that they definitely need a better end game. I'm just not sure that it needs to be a loot grind. Although I am open to that idea -- as they need something and a loot grind is a standard, proven treadmill -- I'm hoping they can find something better than what most other MMOs have done.

For example, look at how they improved questing significantly by moving it from NPCs to real world events. I'd prefer they find something innovative like that for the end game.

You guys are way more hardcore than me. I've been really casual in my play with so much other RL shit going on. I just finished Arah the other day.

Mike O'Brien and his crew are quite creative. I'm sure they have many ideas waiting in the wings. So much more of the world (map) has yet to be opened. I'm wondering what's in store for the Ring of Fire area.

Bump 11-19-2012 01:52 AM

I dont play. My comp can barely run it at low resolution, but all the requirements and "canurunit.com" had me believe I could run it optimally before I purchased it.

chasedude 11-19-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9132456)
I dont play. My comp can barely run it at low resolution, but all the requirements and "canurunit.com" had me believe I could run it optimally before I purchased it.

Sorry to hear that Bump. I bought a Nvidia GTX 660 and can't run max on graphic settings. I should be able to but system crashes and full restart. I've played around enough to keep it from happening. With this card, I should be on max settings. It's either Nvidia drivers or Anet's graphics engine, one of them just don't sync correctly.

hometeam 11-19-2012 11:36 PM

Im running maxed on a gtx 670. Its a CPU intensive game though. And unfortunately the game is not made to take full advantage of multi-core systems. Even though im running 6 cores if I wast OCed so hard I dont think I could run it maxed. It needs optimization still pretty badly.

I have been playing guardian lately, just dicking around a bit.

hometeam 11-19-2012 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasedude (Post 9135284)
Sorry to hear that Bump. I bought a Nvidia GTX 660 and can't run max on graphic settings. I should be able to but system crashes and full restart. I've played around enough to keep it from happening. With this card, I should be on max settings. It's either Nvidia drivers or Anet's graphics engine, one of them just don't sync correctly.

Make sure your using the 306.xx WHQL drivers. Any of the beta drivers beyond have drastically reduced framerates

chasedude 11-20-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9135548)
Make sure your using the 306.xx WHQL drivers. Any of the beta drivers beyond have drastically reduced framerates

Yeah I noticed the beta causing serious problems, currently running 306.97

hometeam 11-20-2012 09:52 PM

I did alot of messing around today and found the 306.23 drivers are definitely the best for me. In fact, its a marked difference the newer I get from there.

chasedude 11-22-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9138123)
I did alot of messing around today and found the 306.23 drivers are definitely the best for me. In fact, its a marked difference the newer I get from there.

I'll have to load those drivers and give it a try, see if I get a better response. Thanks.

chasedude 12-18-2012 08:25 PM

http://www.gamespot.com/shows/best-o...winner20121217

Game of the Year 2012 from Gamespot

On a side note... anyone enjoying Wintersday? I've been following Tixx from outpost to outpost as much as I can this week. Damn work getting in the way Grrr!

hometeam 12-18-2012 09:10 PM

i have been collecting randomly, but am not much for grind events. I did level a guardian to 80 in only 58 hours of gameplay, including lots of screwing around and learning how to play it.

hometeam 12-18-2012 09:15 PM

http://i.imgur.com/habCG.jpg

If you look closely you may notice my level 18 THIEF i started today. His name is Fire Pioli, and without the mask on, I think its a dead likeness~

Javabean 12-19-2012 08:01 AM

I'm having a lot of fun with Wintersday. It's a big improvement over last month's event. The daily dungeons have been fun, and those cute little mini-monsters are surprisingly tough. The "Bell Hero" game is a great idea, and I hope they implement the autogrouping for other instances.

I haven't managed to finish the jumping puzzle and I probably won't, but other than that it's been a blast.

DC.chief 12-19-2012 08:51 AM

Do you all play on the same server? I originally pre-ordered this game but haven't played it much because i've been busy. I want to get back into playing it but i'd rather play with people from cp.

hometeam 12-19-2012 08:54 AM

Im on yaks bend. not sure about others. anyone can add me Falx/Geno Smith/Fire Pioli etc

edit; found my acct name Falx.3758

Javabean 12-19-2012 11:02 AM

I'm on Northern Shiverpeaks with a guild I've been with in other games over the past 5 years. Hopefully, they implement guesting soon and we can all hook up sometime.

thecoffeeguy 12-19-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9222764)
http://i.imgur.com/habCG.jpg

If you look closely you may notice my level 18 THIEF i started today. His name is Fire Pioli, and without the mask on, I think its a dead likeness~

Man, your Guardian looks badass.
I took a break from GW2, but guess its time to get it rolling again.
Oh, and you put 18 levels on your Thief in 1 day? I must be doing it wrong...took me awhile to get to 18 on my Thief...whats the secret? :)

hometeam 12-19-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecoffeeguy (Post 9224434)
Man, your Guardian looks badass.
I took a break from GW2, but guess its time to get it rolling again.
Oh, and you put 18 levels on your Thief in 1 day? I must be doing it wrong...took me awhile to get to 18 on my Thief...whats the secret? :)

Thanks man, Its the full valkyrie crafted set transmuted onto knight/berserker crafted items. Once I hit 80 with him I crafted myself some exotic weapons and all rare armor, then tried out thief. I like the look of this armor the best out of all the 'easy to get' stuff becuase I am greatsword/DPS focused and the spikes just look bad ass~

As for leveling, on the guardian I read up on leveling one, and the guy had done it in 65 hours. I did it in something like 58. I just used his build but followed the same strategy I have been using.

Just do hearts and stop and do every dynamic event you can, while mixing in the personal story quests at the appropriate level, as they are worth a ton. Once you get higher than 20, you can stop and do crafting on 2 crafts every 15 or so levels, and if you take 2 to 400( i did weapons and armorsmithing on my guardian) thats actually 20 full levels of experience. I recommend the crafting guides at http://www.gw2wiz.com as they are the fastest cheapest way and lay out so it is very easy to follow. If you want to level even faster, start with cooking first and take it all the way to 400 at say.. double the pace of the other craft you are working, (so get it done somewhere around 50-60 level) when it is 400 (its cheap and easy) then switch to another craft and level that to the point of catch up with your original non-cooking craft skill. That's another 10 level in little to no time with crafting.

hometeam 01-15-2013 12:04 PM

Nwes on upcoming changes/direction of GW2

I am still playing quite a few hours per week of gw2, may be worth checking out if you haven't or if you haven't looked at it for a time.

Also for those of you sticking to the older nvidia drivers, I was able to fix my stuttering by turning shadows to medium, with every other thing maxed and play fine, its a rendering bug rather than a hardware issue~

hometeam 04-19-2013 09:03 PM

Free weekend starting today. Not to mention reduced pricing on the game.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/t...d-april-19-21/

hometeam 05-11-2013 11:17 AM

If anyone out there is no longer playing this, and has plans to no longer play this, I am looking for a second account to use! Please PM me! Can work on compensation!

chasedude 05-11-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9675383)
If anyone out there is no longer playing this, and has plans to no longer play this, I am looking for a second account to use! Please PM me! Can work on compensation!

Haha. I've been thinking of getting myself a second account for storage and to camp Dragons/events.

hometeam 05-11-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasedude (Post 9675570)
Haha. I've been thinking of getting myself a second account for storage and to camp Dragons/events.

I have 7 character slots on my first account, but am looking for the 2nd account so my fianvce can play with me at the same time, as well as the extra storage/slots/transfer capabilites

crossbow 05-12-2013 09:00 AM

What server are you guys on?

hometeam 05-12-2013 10:13 AM

Well, even though I have about ten invites out there are only 4 people That have accepted.

Myself, PRcapone, and Canofbier are on Yaks bend, though Im the only one who plays, and Chasedude is on.. northern shiverpeaks? Methinks.

Add me to friends and shoot me a PM~ Falx/Geno Smith/Fire Pioli/Falcks etc etc

crossbow 05-13-2013 06:04 AM

I will look you up. Gonna hyjack my son's account. Him and his friends play a game for about a month and then move on.

hometeam 05-13-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossbow (Post 9678222)
I will look you up. Gonna hyjack my son's account. Him and his friends play a game for about a month and then move on.

Welp, I am on basically every night. Sometimes I skip a night here or there.

hometeam 10-01-2015 06:16 PM

So.. guildwars 2 is back with a vengeance. Of course they have constantly updated the game through living story, but in the month before the HoT expansion is coming out, they have made all non-expansion content FREE to play. Heart of Thorns releases on the 28th (?) with new PvP and WvW modes, new storylines and open world content, a new class, and elite specialization for all classes. As well as 3 new ten man raids, and a new squad UI to go with them. Exciting stuff in what I consider the best MMO ever behind Ultima Online.

This game is not pay to win my friends. Its an amazing amount of content for free, and best of all, you can jump right into PvP and WvW without any restrictions on a free account. If anyone is playing, hit me up!

www.twitch.tv/falxftw or falx.3758

Ragged Robin 10-01-2015 09:32 PM

Meh, feels dated at this point. Didn't have the same impact for me as GW1. Played the shit out of GW2 and beat it the first month it came out, had the "you got 100% map completion but don't get the reward" bug, filed a support ticket, was told that they released a fix but it doesn't RETROACTIVELY fix any character that was already affected.. hated how the separated arena PvP with PvE, WvW felt like a theme park/zerg fest which was the breaking point for me. Competitive PvP integrated with my PvE character which I poured a ton of hours to is what hooked me to GW1, now competitive PvP is completely separated which is a huge mistake. Makes playing feel pointless to me tbh