ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Oblivion (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267490)

keg in kc 12-08-2012 11:56 PM

Oblivion

Post-apocalyptic science fiction starring Tom Cruise (I know, I know...), directed by Joseph Kosinski (Tron: Legacy).

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dQ3Mt9yiz6k?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

QuikSsurfer 12-08-2012 11:58 PM

Second to Morrowind.

Bowser 12-09-2012 12:42 AM

I'm a sucker for sci-fi. I'll probably see it.

Deberg_1990 12-09-2012 12:23 PM

Will see....but for whatever reason Cruise seems wrong for the part......premise seems sort of "I am Legend" like.

pr_capone 12-09-2012 12:31 PM

Aside from Tropic Thunder, I have not watched a movie Tom Cruise has starred in since 2005 (War of the Worlds). I intend to keep my streak going.

Deberg_1990 12-09-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9191732)
Aside from Tropic Thunder, I have not watched a movie Tom Cruise has starred in since 2005 (War of the Worlds). I intend to keep my streak going.

Mission Impossible 4 was great

Bump 12-09-2012 01:38 PM

will want to watch, looks cool. But I'm a little disappointed this isn't an Elder Scrolls film.

Buehler445 12-09-2012 01:45 PM

Not sure I caught the jist of it from the trailer, but I'll probably watch it.

Maybe not in the theater though.

the Talking Can 12-09-2012 01:47 PM

jack reacher in space?

-King- 12-09-2012 01:53 PM

Underwhelmed.

keg in kc 12-09-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9191658)
Will see....but for whatever reason Cruise seems wrong for the part......premise seems sort of "I am Legend" like.

Exactly what I thought. I'd probably be wild about this if it was literally anybody else headlining it. But it's cruise so all I can think about is whether Xenu shows up.

Deberg_1990 12-09-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9192621)
Exactly what I thought. I'd probably be wild about this if it was literally anybody else headlining it. But it's cruise so all I can think about is whether Xenu shows up.

Heh.....unlike most people, I don't have a problem with Cruise the "movie star". I can block out the weirdo personal life.

He just seems wrong for this part.....but who knows? Premise certainly holds promise.

There are a few other big budget sci-if flicks like this coming out next year.

One with Matt Damon from the director of District 9. And another with Will and Jaden Smith form M Night Shamaylan.

Frazod 12-09-2012 02:33 PM

Looks interesting. I can also separate Cruise the actor from Cruise the weirdo, and Freeman is always great.

HC_Chief 12-09-2012 02:42 PM

<font size=40>M E H</font>

FAX 01-06-2013 11:51 PM

I saw the trailer for this last night and, as much as I despise Cruise, I was impressed. This may be a film I'll pay money to see in the theater.

The concept (as I understand it) is actually pretty intriguing to me. And, from what I can tell, the cinematography is very nice as is the effects work. I'm looking forward to this one.

FAX

Fire Me Boy! 01-07-2013 04:43 PM

WTF are the gates!?!?

htismaqe 01-07-2013 05:30 PM

Bethesda will sue. Bank on it.

Fish 01-07-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9293158)
WTF are the gates!?!?

Oblivion Gates are the gateways created between Oblivion and Tamriel. They are magical portals that facilitate travel between the two planes. They are made by Daedric worshippers in an effort to essentially merge the worlds, allowing the Daedra to roam Tamriel and rule it.

htismaqe 01-07-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9293316)
Oblivion Gates are the gateways created between Oblivion and Tamriel. They are magical portals that facilitate travel between the two planes. They are made by Daedric worshippers in an effort to essentially merge the worlds, allowing the Daedra to roam Tamriel and rule it.

Tom Cruise does kind of look like a Falmer...

Fire Me Boy! 01-07-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9293316)

Sorry, the W was for "where" not "what." My bad.

:sulk:

I should have gone with my first instinct to say that I was disappointed we didn't see any daedra.

Halfcan 01-07-2013 06:33 PM

Cant think of the last Cruise film I liked??

hometeam 01-07-2013 07:17 PM

Is tom cruise 100 1 hand ? how about 100 sneak? If not he can suck it

MahiMike 01-07-2013 07:19 PM

Wasn't he just in a movie?

Fire Me Boy! 01-07-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9293584)
Is tom cruise 100 1 hand ? how about 100 sneak? If not he can suck it

Don't know, but to fall that far and survive his athletics must be pretty high.

WhiteWhale 01-07-2013 08:48 PM

I just do not buy whatever Tom Cruise is selling. Ever. I mean that both figuratively and literally.

When I see him in action movies one punch KO'ing everyone they become comedies. Tommy can't sell tough. At least not to me.

whoman69 01-08-2013 01:54 PM

Tom Cruise...ugh

Fish 01-08-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9293407)
Sorry, the W was for "where" not "what." My bad.

:sulk:

I should have gone with my first instinct to say that I was disappointed we didn't see any daedra.

Sorry, I didn't catch your alternate use of "WTF"....

whoman69 01-08-2013 04:29 PM

I'm looking forward to his next movie Skyrim...
errr, not I'm not

Fire Me Boy! 01-08-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 9297150)
I'm looking forward to his next movie Skyrim...
errr, not I'm not

Certainly not. Skyrim's takes place 200 years after the Oblivion crisis...

Cheater5 01-08-2013 05:57 PM

This movie will make thousands...

whoman69 01-09-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9297265)
Certainly not. Skyrim's takes place 200 years after the Oblivion crisis...

If Tom Cruise didn't do another movie for 200 years I'd be good with that.

ThaVirus 01-09-2013 03:47 PM

So what's the plot of this movie?

The Earth was invaded by aliens, humans were forced to evacuate the planet, some time later Tom Cruise is sent back to collect shit only to find out there are still people on the planet and somehow he's being double crossed by the company he works for?

That's what I gathered. I gotta say I have just about zero desire to see this over some of the other trailers that have been coming out recently.

Fire Me Boy! 01-09-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9300605)
So what's the plot of this movie?

The Earth was invaded by aliens, humans were forced to evacuate the planet, some time later Tom Cruise is sent back to collect shit only to find out there are still people on the planet and somehow he's being double crossed by the company he works for?

That's what I gathered. I gotta say I have just about zero desire to see this over some of the other trailers that have been coming out recently.

Oblivion's main story revolves around Cruise's efforts to thwart a fanatical cult known as the "Mythic Dawn" that plans to open the gates to a realm called "Oblivion".

There are lots of smaller plot lines - like one particularly fun scene where a crazy guy named Glarthir approaches Cruise in a city, paranoid that three people are plotting to kill him. He enlists Cruise's character to help him kill them - which Cruise does just because he's a bloodthirsty bastard - but then he double-crosses Glarthir and kills him, too!

whoman69 01-09-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9300634)
Oblivion's main story revolves around Cruise's efforts to thwart a fanatical cult known as the "Mythic Dawn" that plans to open the gates to a realm called "Oblivion".

There are lots of smaller plot lines - like one particularly fun scene where a crazy guy named Glarthir approaches Cruise in a city, paranoid that three people are plotting to kill him. He enlists Cruise's character to help him kill them - which Cruise does just because he's a bloodthirsty bastard - but then he double-crosses Glarthir and kills him, too!

Bet he got infamy points for that one.

MrNightly 01-09-2013 05:11 PM

I'm in.

I think it looks original, and a fun ride.

2013 will be a killer year for movies.

Deberg_1990 04-18-2013 02:01 PM

The Summer movie season kicks off tomorrow with Oblivion!!!

Whos interested in this?

Fish 04-18-2013 02:22 PM

Saw a cam version. It's not bad. Not as good as I expected though.

bowener 04-20-2013 05:35 PM

This film is pretty ****ing terrible.

Possibly it was written as a metaphor for Tom Cruise himself: A spectacle on the outside, and devoid of soul or meaning on the inside.

The majority of the film feels like a Tom Cruise blowjob. Just empty mostly pointless scenes of him doing his signature Cruise moves. Things such as close up shots of his face as he stares off somewhere, nobody is quite sure where, of pointless shots of his chiseled physique in a shower, pointless sex scenes in a pool suspended in the clouds (somehow they aren't freezing to death), he does some somersaults, some diving from explosions while being misdirected midair by another explosion, some expert marksmanship, aviator glasses, motorcycle riding, etc.

This movie is a mountain of cliches or maybe an avalanche is more apropos, one that crushes you with the final scenes of the film. I cannot express to you the frustrations I felt while watching this movie. I hate that I spent money on this. It is my fault, I saw it on a whim today without having read any reviews. Big mistake, just like this movie itself.

All of this and I haven't even bitched about how terrible the settings are. The geography makes no sense whatsoever. It is literally nonsense. I understand suspension of belief/reality, but there are just obvious things that should not be done. And yes, one of the biggest cliches you can find in most apocalyptic films is the view of destroyed landmarks. This movie will not disappoint you if you like seeing the Statue of Liberty torch (some how) in pristine condition, yet it is in a valley of (I think) ice and rocks. Jesus this thing was awful.

Fine. I'm done venting. Now I'm going to watch The Third Man so I can try and forget this putrid piece of shit.

edit:
Spoiler!

JD10367 04-20-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9608101)
This film is pretty ****ing terrible.

Possibly it was written as a metaphor for Tom Cruise himself: A spectacle on the outside, and devoid of soul or meaning on the inside.

The majority of the film feels like a Tom Cruise blowjob. Just empty mostly pointless scenes of him doing his signature Cruise moves. Things such as close up shots of his face as he stares off somewhere, nobody is quite sure where, of pointless shots of his chiseled physique in a shower, pointless sex scenes in a pool suspended in the clouds (somehow they aren't freezing to death), he does some somersaults, some diving from explosions while being misdirected midair by another explosion, some expert marksmanship, aviator glasses, motorcycle riding, etc.

This movie is a mountain of cliches or maybe an avalanche is more apropos, one that crushes you with the final scenes of the film. I cannot express to you the frustrations I felt while watching this movie. I hate that I spent money on this. It is my fault, I saw it on a whim today without having read any reviews. Big mistake, just like this movie itself.

All of this and I haven't even bitched about how terrible the settings are. The geography makes no sense whatsoever. It is literally nonsense. I understand suspension of belief/reality, but there are just obvious things that should not be done. And yes, one of the biggest cliches you can find in most apocalyptic films is the view of destroyed landmarks. This movie will not disappoint you if you like seeing the Statue of Liberty torch (some how) in pristine condition, yet it is in a valley of (I think) ice and rocks. Jesus this thing was awful.

Fine. I'm done venting. Now I'm going to watch The Third Man so I can try and forget this putrid piece of shit.

I thought it was decent. Interesting premise, a few plot twists that were hard to guess, good visual style, great sound (especially in the IMAX where I watched it). It's not a classic, but it was a good watch.

As for The Diminutive One, I don't know why he's so hated. Is it because of his whackjob antics and personal beliefs? I don't know. Why a guy like Travolta gets a pass, while Cruise doesn't, is mystifying. But I've always enjoyed Cruise in his roles; no matter what the role, be it "Top Gun", the "MI" films, "Oblivion", "War Of The Worlds", even "Rock Of Ages", he always does a solid job. Does he have a particular style? Sure. But at least he's good at what he does. He's sort of like Nicholas Cage, or Russell Crowe; he is what he is, and you can't expect him do be Sir Laurence Olivier. But there are a lot worse actors out there.

Frazod 04-20-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 9608139)
I thought it was decent. Interesting premise, a few plot twists that were hard to guess, good visual style, great sound (especially in the IMAX where I watched it). It's not a classic, but it was a good watch.

As for The Diminutive One, I don't know why he's so hated. Is it because of his whackjob antics and personal beliefs? I don't know. Why a guy like Travolta gets a pass, while Cruise doesn't, is mystifying. But I've always enjoyed Cruise in his roles; no matter what the role, be it "Top Gun", the "MI" films, "Oblivion", "War Of The Worlds", even "Rock Of Ages", he always does a solid job. Does he have a particular style? Sure. But at least he's good at what he does. He's sort of like Nicholas Cage, or Russell Crowe; he is what he is, and you can't expect him do be Sir Laurence Olivier. But there are a lot worse actors out there.

I may go see this tomorrow - one of my friends who saw it said it was worth seeing and I trust his judgment.

I too can separate Tom Cruise the actor from Tom Cruise the weirdo.

bowener 04-20-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 9608139)

I didn't say he was terrible, and I understand having him in a film means you have to have all the things he has come to be known for. I enjoy him in certain films, but from start to finish I just couldn't enjoy this, and I went in wanting to love this. I love apocalyptic films, but this one just sort of lies there, never really interesting me or jarring me out of the boredom it forced me into. Beyond disappointed. I understand and respect your opinion, especially given your profession, but I will definitely not recommend this to anyone I know.

bowener 04-20-2013 06:03 PM

This is a pretty good description of what I am trying to say I suppose:

Quote:

A boldly rendered film with faulty nuts, bolts and wiring is still, at its core, a movie that doesn't work. Witness Oblivion.
I came across that on RT, but if you want to read more you can find it here. Obviously there will be spoilers if you read beyond the first paragraph.

JD10367 04-20-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9608149)
I enjoy him in certain films, but from start to finish I just couldn't enjoy this, and I went in wanting to love this. I love apocalyptic films, but this one just sort of lies there, never really interesting me or jarring me out of the boredom it forced me into.

I think an inherent problem with it, which had this effect, is the same problem "After Earth" will have, and "Cast Away" had: it's hard for a film with few characters to hold attention and effect.

Simply Red 04-20-2013 08:31 PM

this looks about the same as if someone that weighs 385lbs. were to take a post Krystal w/ cheese 12-pack dookie - only to charge you 13.00 to be hovered over them while it happened.

Deberg_1990 04-20-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 9608517)
I think an inherent problem with it, which had this effect, is the same problem "After Earth" will have, and "Cast Away" had: it's hard for a film with few characters to hold attention and effect.

Heh, I saw they bumped up the After Earth release by a week the other day to May 31st. Everyone is starting to see that Man of Steel is gonna be a monster hit.
Posted via Mobile Device

bowener 04-20-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9608653)
Heh, I saw they bumped up the After Earth release by a week the other day to May 31st. Everyone is starting to see that Man of Steel is gonna be a monster hit.
Posted via Mobile Device

It better ****ing be.

unlurking 04-21-2013 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 9608517)

Have to disagree. I loved Cast Away, and Moon was an absolutely epic film. Science fiction fans should be used to smaller casts. Alien and 2001: A Space Odyssey were slow paced, small casts that were fantastic. Post-apocalyptic pretty much requires smaller casts. The Road was an incredible flick, and Children of Men and the two "28" films were good.

I admit I have a problem separating the actor from the character, but I'll probably see this anyway. Freeman is one of my favorite actors.

bowener 04-21-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 9609101)
Have to disagree. I loved Cast Away, and Moon was an absolutely epic film. Science fiction fans should be used to smaller casts. Alien and 2001: A Space Odyssey were slow paced, small casts that were fantastic. Post-apocalyptic pretty much requires smaller casts. The Road was an incredible flick, and Children of Men and the two "28" films were good.

I admit I have a problem separating the actor from the character, but I'll probably see this anyway. Freeman is one of my favorite actors.

Not really a spoiler, but Freeman is on screen 15 minutes... maybe.

Valiant 04-21-2013 03:26 PM

Besides picking out 90% of the plot from the commercials and the other 10% after half way through it wadnt all bad.

Hot women. Droid phone as the villain and good cgi.. it is a good time waist.

sd4chiefs 04-21-2013 03:54 PM

I saw it last night. It was just kind of OK but my Wife hated it. The Droins were bad ass. They would kick Terminators butt.

JD10367 04-21-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 9610819)
Droid phone as the villain . . .

Dude! Spoiler tags! LMAO

Frazod 04-21-2013 08:36 PM

I really enjoyed it. Screw you haters!

Hammock Parties 04-21-2013 08:41 PM

It sounds terrible. Like, worse than Prometheus.

Simply Red 04-21-2013 08:42 PM

It's a terrible film - it may be worse than the Hobbit.

Simply Red 04-21-2013 08:43 PM

But I doubt it.

Hammock Parties 04-29-2013 05:07 PM

Pretty good. Give it a 7/10.

Frazod 04-29-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9644388)
Pretty good. Give it a 7/10.

Sounds about right. It's basically Independence Day meets Total Recall, but it was well done.

keg in kc 04-29-2013 05:19 PM

Seeing it tomorrow. My first trip to the KC Alamo Drafthouse.

Hammock Parties 04-29-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9644402)
Sounds about right. It's basically Independence Day meets Total Recall, but it was well done.

Apt description.

Scenery, soundtrack and action were all enjoyable.

I would have liked to have known more about
Spoiler!

Didn't see the twist coming so that was cool.

Hammock Parties 04-29-2013 05:39 PM

BTW my favorite WTF moment was Victoria wearing high heels and a dress while being the only person in a tiny office.

lol

as if

bowener 04-29-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9644417)
Apt description.

Scenery, soundtrack and action were all enjoyable.

I would have liked to have known more about
Spoiler!

Didn't see the twist coming so that was cool.

Come on... you didn't see that twist coming?

Hammock Parties 04-29-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9644487)
Come on... you didn't see that twist coming?

The
Spoiler!
Not at all.

I was thinking
Spoiler!
happening in the "irradiated zone."

bowener 04-29-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9644503)
The
Spoiler!
Not at all.

I was thinking
Spoiler!

Ohhh ok. I felt the 2nd one was obvious early on. the first one took me by surprise, but was a major let down to be honest. I really wish they had tried to avoid that. I feel like whoever wrote this thought they were going to write the end all of apocalyptic stories by including everything from any major movie on the subject. Who knows, before the script was inevitably rewritten dozens of times, it may have been amazing. We'll never know. Instead we got to see Oblivion.

Frazod 04-29-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9644503)
The
Spoiler!
Not at all.

I was thinking
Spoiler!

I forgot about the irradiated zone.

I guess I should have said Total Recall meets Independence Day meets Planet of the Apes. :D

Hammock Parties 04-29-2013 06:48 PM

I'm hoping we get a neat game out of this.

Seems like it would be a cool open world RPG.

underEJ 04-29-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9644403)
Seeing it tomorrow. My first trip to the KC Alamo Drafthouse.

I liked the KC Alamo Drafthouse alot! I liked it as the AMC Main Street as well, but the drafthouse has better booking capability.

And I have to agree with the 7 out of 10 report on Oblivion. It is quite beautiful in terms of composition and lighting and color. I think the boring performance was intentional and that he was supposed to become more layered as he learned and remembered, but I do think it may have been too subtle of a change. The voice over worked for me, but I made some assumptions that he had found other plants (possible food/seeds) and took them to the hiding place. He just made a mistake with the flower he brought to the tower.

I am not a huge Tom Cruise fan, nor a Cruise hater, don't give a shit how strange he really is, but I do think there are other choices that might have pulled off the subtle thing a bit better than he did. Hell, Jaime Lannister was totally underutilized. I'd have like to see him take the lead role!

Overall, it was definitely worth my time and money, though not as good as it might have been.

Silock 04-29-2013 07:33 PM

The ending really bothered me. It's just . . . not the same, and I don't know how she could accept that it is.

Hammock Parties 04-29-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9644962)
The ending really bothered me. It's just . . . not the same, and I don't know how she could accept that it is.

Been in a relationship with
Spoiler!
, have you?

Silock 04-29-2013 07:42 PM

The film itself proved that they aren't the same. Hence, the baseball hat.

Hammock Parties 04-29-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9645008)
The film itself proved that they aren't the same. Hence, the baseball hat.

Eh.

Could be as simple as one finding a baseball hat and the other one not.

Silock 04-29-2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9645027)
Eh.

Could be as simple as one finding a baseball hat and the other one not.

Then why would Morgan Freeman specifically say that he was different?

Rausch 04-29-2013 11:41 PM

Wanted to like it - ****ing hated it.

Hammock Parties 04-29-2013 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9645431)

Would have been cool if Tom Cruise yelled TEEECH SUPPOOOOOOOOOORT midway through the movie when he ran into Tech 52, eh?

Rausch 04-30-2013 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9645433)
Would have been cool if Tom Cruise yelled TEEECH SUPPOOOOOOOOOORT midway through the movie when he ran into Tech 52, eh?

I almost expected it. It did remind me of a Total Recall ripoff.

AND I hated the ending.

Frazod 04-30-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9645431)

Go watch Donnie ****ing Darko again. :#

JD10367 05-01-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9644962)

I didn't have an issue with it. She

Spoiler!

keg in kc 05-01-2013 09:37 AM

Enjoyed it. Had issues with 52 at the end as well, but not to the level of 'hate'; it just bothered me. Also had some issues with some of the obvious early give-aways to the supposed major plot twist (his memory's wiped every 5 years, tech seems awfully advanced for 2070, etc), but all in all it was a pretty cool movie. Oh, and it seemed odd to me that the Odyssey's sleeper units were released from the tractor beam. Too convenient. Not to mention the existence in 2017 of a manned trip to Titan. Something that would have had to be in development long before now. They should've pushed that date back at least 10 years, and probably more. But that's mostly nitpicking.

JD10367 05-01-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9648390)
Oh, and it seemed odd to me that the Odyssey's sleeper units were released from the tractor beam. Too convenient.

Well, since tractor beams haven't been invented yet and have only been seen in "Star Trek" and "Star Wars", I guess there are two schools of Tractor Beam Theory: the first would be that it's a column of some finite distance and everything in that column will be pulled towards the source; the second would be that it's more of a beam that will "lock on" to the first object it touches and, thus, anything behind it will not feel the effect. My assumption in this instance is the second case (that it locked on to the Odyssey and pulled it in, so anything behind the ship would be immune to the beam).

keg in kc 05-01-2013 10:11 AM

We're talking about an alien object so much more technologically advanced than we are that it seems god-like, yet it allows 90% of the object it grabbed to get away simply because it disconnected, without adjusting in any way? That seemed like lazy writing to me...

Forgot to mention earlier, I thought the movie fell apart a bit during the third act. Starting about at the point 49 got back to the scavs, through the attack. Just felt off pace. Particularly during Morgan Freeman's long (and I thought unnecessary) historical monologue, but it seemed to recover by the very end.

ChiefaRoo 05-01-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9612830)
It sounds terrible. Like, worse than Prometheus.

Androids... you can't trust 'em.